Party On!

All We Are (Is Everything That's Right)

Mark's first week quickly flew by. He knew it was weird, but in that week he was happier than he'd ever been in his life. He thanked his lucky stars every night for getting put in a suite with JB, Junior, and Jackson. Junior was right -- they had quickly become fast friends. JB felt like another brother, and Jackson...well, Jackson was Jackson. Mark wanted to say Jackson was his best friend, but all four of them were best friends, really. Mark couldn't help but be drawn to Jackson, seeing as Hong Kong native was his opposite in personality. There was a lot about Jackson that Mark was envious of -- his sociability, his way of making everyone feel like a friend instantly, his ability to always know the right thing to say, his genuine and sincere expressions -- and it made Mark admire him all the more. It also still dumbfounded Mark that a person could be cute, y, and dorky all at the same time. How can someone be so good looking and yet so adorable?

It seemed BamBam was another person who felt the same. After meeting up with his old friend the second day, it became clear that BamBam was in awe of Jackson. Thankfully, due to both their social natures, the two boys hit it off quickly, and BamBam soon lost his nervousness around Jackson (although the admiration in his eyes never faded). They also got to know Yugyeom better, although he still seemed a little shy. Mark could relate to that, though. 

Mark was excited the weekend was finally here -- extra time to spend with his new friends without classwork getting in the way. It was lucky that in several classes, Mark had already studied the topics that were currently being taught, so he didn't have to do much studying on his own.

Jackson had been hyping up having a small celebratory party in their dorm, which Mark suspected was merely an excuse to go crazy. Every night since Mark arrived, Jackson had been coming up with something to do, "all in honor of Mark being here" he would say. Mark was curious as to when he'd finally stop trying to use that as an excuse to do something fun.

Mark wasn't sure what a "party" meant in Jackson's world, but by Junior and JB's mischevious looks, Mark guessed they were pretty wild. Really, Mark was mostly curious if the boys were going to try to get alcohol, and if so, how they would be able to do it while being underage.

He spoke his ponderings out loud to Junior that morning, and Junior replied with a smirk. "It's Jackson. Who knows how he does it, but he does. Probably charms some old ladies or something. And we won't get in trouble as long as we keep ourselves in our dorms. The staff never know anything so long as we don't leave."

Mark hummed in repsonse, excitement growing. He'd had a taste of beer and such here and there, as different countries have different drinking regulations, but he'd never been to a proper party.

As night fell, different classmates started to appear. Each of them had been allowed to invite no more than 5 people. Mark had invited BamBam and Yugyeom (although they were warned that they could have one drink, and the rest of the night they'd get soda) and Youngjae, but Youngjae had to decline. He looked bummed about it, but he had some art show thing to attend.

Soon, the dorm suite was full of people and drinks were being served. Jackson handed Mark his first drink -- a simple beer -- while Junior handed him his second and third -- both shots. Mark knew he was buzzed; he could see a fuzziness around the edges of his eyesight, and everything was hysterical -- something Jackson seemed to love. He was constantly making jokes and comments, watching for Mark's laughing breakdown, before cracking up himself.

JB the music and soon a club beat was resounding through the suite. He began to dance in a b-boy style, and Mark clapped enthusiastically when he was done. Suddenly, Yugyeom appeared at the song change and began dancing himself. It was mesmerizing, the way Yugyeom danced; so fluid and graceful, yet powerful.

When he was done, Mark clapped even harder. "I had no idea you could dance like that, Yugyeom!"

Yugyeom smiled wide, breathing a little heavily. "He's the dancing king!" BamBam shouted, jumping up to wrap his arms around Yugyeom's neck in a celebratory gesture.

"You're good, kid," Jackson said with a grin. "Let me try."

Then Jackson began to dance in a style smiliar to Yugyeom's, and Yugyeom joined in a moment later. The pair of them were going at it, both grinning like idiots, having a blast. The crowd around them was going wild. Mark was so impressed, and once again envious. They were so good at dancing! When the two boys called it quits, shaking hands good heartedly after, Mark was clapping and cheering so loud he was sure his voice would be gone tomorrow.

"How about you, Mark? Can you dance?" Jackson asked, eyes bright, hand wrapping around Mark's arm as if to pull him to the dance floor.

"Ah, no, not really. Not like you and Yugyeom can." Mark tried to pull back a little instinctively, in case Jackson suddenly decided to pull him out there. Instead, Jackson shoved another drink in his hand. "I bet another one of these might change your mind."

He was right.

After Mark finished his fourth drink, he suddenly had this weird burst of energy. BamBam and Jackson were dancing goofily, so Mark pushed them out of the way and made everyone step back a little. He recognized the song, so he did a few dance moves before flying into the air, tumbling around and landing with one hand on the ground, as well as one knee and one foot. It was suddenly really quiet, and when Mark lifted his head, he found himself looking right at Jackson, who had his mouth wide open in shock. Everyone burst into crazy applause, and Mark flushed at the praise. He showed off a few other moves before tiring and threw himself on the couch to take a breather. Soon people had left dancing for drinking games, but Mark was content to stay on the couch.

"Having fun?" JB asked next to him as he took a swig of his drink.

"Oh yeah! Although the room is spinning. Should the room be spinning?" Mark giggled. "Maybe I'm spinning!" He laughed like it was the funniest thing in the world and JB chuckled at him. "You're a bit of a lightweight, eh?" JB said, poking the boy in the cheek. Mark just grinned before realizing he needed to pee.

"Gotta pee. Be back." Mark said before getting up and crossing the room towards the bathroom. On the way back, Mark noticed Jackson playing a game with BamBam and a few others, and it gave him a pang when he realized how physically close he and BamBam were. Mark wasn't in the state of mind to explore the reason for that pang of hurt, but seeing how much they were touching and seemed so focused on each other made Mark feel a little sick. It's just the alcohol, Mark thought to himself.

He was suddenly tired and plopped himself back on the end of the couch. Yugyeom soon took the place next to him, offering him a drink.

"No more, Yug," Mark slurred. "Tired."

Yugyeom smiled. "It's just water. I think you need it."

Mark didn't feel like drinking anything. All he wanted was his bed, but it was too much effort to get there. Even in his drunken state, he had enough pride to not ask Yugyeom to carry him there, although he did briefly consider it. Instead, Mark found Yugyeom's shoulder to be the perfect height and place for his head. He quickly snuggled into Yugyeom's side with a sigh. "Just for minute, Yug."

He could feel Yugyeom stiffen next to him, but soon he relaxed and Mark could feel him resting his head on top of Mark's, even linking their arms together. He dozed off then, into a drunken haze of black, feeling, hearing, and seeing nothing.

-------------------------------------

Jackson was having a blast. He loved throwing parties, and this one was their best one yet. Yugyeom and BamBam were welcome additions to their little group, and Mark -- Jackson still couldn't believe that Mark could do those flips so effortlessly. He planned on asking him all about it when they were all sober. He had tried to learn everything he could about the new boy in the past week, but somehow Mark had never mentioned this particular skill.

Thinking of Mark made Jackson look around for the redhead. Their game had just finished, so Jackson stood up for a better view. What he saw made his stomach drop.

Mark was blissfully asleep on Yugyeom's shoulder, their arms entwined. Yugyeom's head was resting on Mark's head as well, occasionally lifting to look down at Mark with a smile.

What the hell!?

Jackson's protective side came flaring to life. He stomped over to the pair and began patting Mark lightly on the cheek.

"Mark, Mark. Wake up!"

"I think he's out," Yugyeom offered, Jackson biting back a retort about stating the obvious.

Jackson tried not to let his irritation at Yugyeom show. Why was he even irritated with the younger boy? "I'll take him to his room, if you show me which one it is." Yugyeom continued.

"No, I'll take him," Jackson said quickly, taking Mark's free arm and linking it round his neck, pulling Mark onto his back before Yugyeom could say anything. Jackson felt his irritation fade as he entered Mark's room, gently setting the boy on his bed.

"I should've known you'd be a total lightweight." Jackson chuckled to himself. He searched for a blanket to throw over older boy, and as he tucked Mark in for the night, he realized how close their faces were. Mark smacked his lips unconsciously, drawing Jackson's attention. Mark looked young for his age to begin with, but now, in sleep, Mark looked almost fey -- impossibly young. Jackson swallowed and stepped away, taking his snapback off to rub a hand through his hair. He gave one last look to Mark before closing the door to his room and rejoining the party.

He may or may not have purposefully played a drinking game with Yugyeom where he was a little less than gracious in his victory (that's right, I beat you, Jackson thought to himself childishly) before the night was over. After everyone had more or less passed out, and Jackson found his bed occupied with a couple friends, he opened Mark's door to check on the older boy (and to possibly sleep on the floor -- everywhere else was taken except in Junior's room, and there was no way in hell Jackson was sleeping there). Jackson crept in, but Mark had apparently awoken, eyes sleepily adjusting.

"Ah, sorry. Go back to sleep," Jackson whispered. "I'm just going to sleep on your floor. My bed's taken."

Jackson tried to ignore how adorably rumpled Mark looked right now.

"Jackson." Mark's voice was hoarse, but damn it was y. Wait, no. The alcohol was messing with him. Jackson continued to grab blankets to put on the floor.

"Jackson." Mark said again, but this time it sounded pitiful. Jackson looked up at that to find Mark pouting at him. "Come up here." Mark patted the bed.

"No, Mark, I'll be fine on the floor." Jackson wasn't entirely sure if what he said was coherent.

"Do you not like me?" Mark's voice sounded wobbly, like he was about to cry. Jackson quickly went over to Mark to calm the still drunk boy. "Of course I like you, Mark. I like you the best." Mark didn't know how true that was.

Jackson could tell the only way Mark would be satisfied was if he slept in the bed with him, so Jackson complied. A small voice in his head told him this was a bad idea, but Jackson's drunken state stomped out the voice quickly. The bed was big enough for two, so why not? He reasoned. Besides, Mark offered.

Jackson settled in and Mark quickly wrapped his arms around Jackson's waist. Jackson wanted to reciprocate, but the shock from Mark holding him stalled his movements. It wasn't until a moment later when Jackson heard Mark's breath evening out in sleep that he stretched his arms out to bring Mark even closer, their foreheads almost touching. That small voice came back, and Jackson shoved it down again. Mark wanted Jackson to sleep with him, consequences be damned, he told the voice. Besides, Jackson had slept in the same bed with a lot of friends before. No big deal.

Jackson fell asleep like that, the smell of alcohol and Mark invading his senses and lulling him to a perfect dreamland.