Chapter Four: Unneeded Panic and Bashful Thoughts

Black Pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"I'm comfortable." I think in my sleep for the second time this week. But this time, it's a different kind of comfortable. Huh. "Why is that?" My eyes scrunch and then snap open, I see a white ceiling with a cream curtain on the window. My room's curtains are not cream. Mine are pastel colored pink. This is not my room.

I scramble out of the bed as fast as I can; and I find myself holding the same cream color, but in a blanket form this time. I drape it over my shoulders. Along with the blanket I pull off of the bed, I notice a lump's back on the same bed. An almost lump. 

Grumbling, Daehyun turns over, facing me, and rubs his eyes.

"Hey. Why are you up so early, or why are you in my room so early?" He asks while using the same tone he used to kiss me last night.

"You're . Well almost." I point at his body. As soon as he realizes, he grabs his pillow and tries to cover himself to the best of his ability.

"What happened?" He asks slowly, as if he were scared to know the answer.

I don't reply. I don't know what happened either.

"Look at me," he comes over and uses his hand to tilt me head up and look at him, just like yesterday, but again, more soothing this time, rather than the scary Daehyun I used to know before I met his parents.

He looks into my eyes and finds my answer. I do not know either, he knows it's true.

"Um, do you have clothes on at least," he asks quite awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck.

"That's an awkward question." I chuckle. I don't know how I feel about this situation, and I don't quite know Daehyun's feelings about this either.

"Check, I'll turn around." He says, and there's still an awkward silence that comes after.

I gulp. I don't know what I expect, nor what I want to expect.

Slowly removing the cream colored blanket, I see a white shirt -- it's not mine, it's far too big, it must be his -- and I'm fully clothed. There is an absence of pants, but otherwise, I am fully clothed.

There is a sigh of relief and Daehyun knows he can turn around.

"Anyway, if you really were last night, I think I'd remember your body." He winks at me, the phrase is sarcastic, and playful, but its still calm and no the one that he used to talk to me with.

"I think I like it. The nicer Daehyun, I mean." I catch myself thinking as I watch his back as he puts on another white shirt, similar to the one I'm wearing, but that one having

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter