Chapter Three: Chaotic Intrusions

Black Pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"Come, meet the rest of my family." Daehyun, who's changed into a completely different dazzingly outfit, shows me around the house and suddenly tells me to meet his family.

"If I were a regular girl, I would probably be delighted, but unfortunately, I'm not, so I'd have to refuse that offer." I reply, hoping that my message of not wanting to be brided by him goes through.

"Why wouldn't you want to be brided, it's every little girl's dream." He retorts, and I know that he can just read my mind, but I'd rather not say it with my own mouth, because when I was a little girl, I wanted to be brided as well, so I'd be lying if I said I never wanted to be brided.

"I'm not a little girl, though." I finish the conversation, and turn my heels to journey back to my room.

The shoes that I have on my feet are annoying and uncomfortable. Daehyun says that they are purely for looks, and that someone living in a house like this must wear them or shoes of the like at all times. I don't understand why, and to this, Daehyun called me a "dumb kitty", to which I did not approve of.

Although they are uncomfortable, I still look through the house and see if I can find my room by myself. I think I'm lost though, again.

I can run away, if you were wondering. I, Choi Jinjoo, am perfectly capable of running away gracefully, the only problem is, that this giant house's exit doors are only known to those who are shown the door. This "castle" is under some sort of wealthy spell by a carpenting witch, and since I was brought to this disgusting place while I was unconscious, I am not aware of where the door is.

Apparently only the man who's brided me is allowed to tell me where the exit is, though, and I doubt he's going to that.

" "I've heard about you. From words. Then I wanted to see just how beautiful you were for myself. I have to admit, though, you're pretty for a peasant cat, but not quite as beautiful as I was expecting. I was a little dissapointed, you know. But I guess I'll keep you, seeing that I can't get rid of you now." " His words still echo through my mind. Although in the beginning I thought that he might have been a kind vampire and that I might finally get the happily ever after that I wanted, now I know that this is complete bullcrap. And that I need to get out of this place.

"It's cold," I think to myself when I feel a sudden breeze. I think I know what's happening but I don't want him to be back.

Unfortunately, right in front of my eyes, Daehyun has caught up to me, and is standing right in front of me. Right. Vampires have teleportation.

"What now?" I think, instead of actually talking to him, because I know he'll just end up reading my mind in search of the answers that he wishes for.

"I just wanted to see where you were going. And you do know that you're even farther from your room than you were before, right?" He chuckles, and almost looks amiable for a second.

There's an awkward silence that follows soon after.

"Why is it that you don't want to be here? Or be brided?" He asks me, and when I hear the way he asks me, and I see the look in his eyes, I know it's a sincere question, for once.

"I just don't want to be. I don't like it here. I don't like yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter