Anniversary

Wasn't His Forte

Hyunra dashes off his bed and lurks silently on his parents bedroom. He thinks that this mission won’t be a success without his little sidekick. He turns around and opens Soho’s bedroom door.

 

Soho is sleeping peacefully with her swan plushie hugged in her arms. She stirs when she felt a pair of hands on her shoulder. She cracks her eyes open and pushes some strand of her covering her face. He is smiling at her and he points the door.

 

Soho grins and wiggled her little arms and short legs out her blanket.

 

They  walked towards their parents’ room and knelt down once they entered. Hyunra crawled first, his chubby arms helping him to stride. Soho followed next, giggling silently while her hair dangles messily.

 

The siblings head to Kyuhyun’s side and got up to their feet. Kyuhyun’s covered with sheets and Ryeowook’s nuzzled under with him. Hyunra places a finger a top his lips sushing Soho. The little girl nods and fights her laughter. 

 

“We tickle Appa,” Hyunra instructs her and she nods furiously placing her spirit fingers in tickle mode. 

 

“We tickle Appa,” Soho repeats in between giggles and Hyunra laughs with her, his curly hair bouncing on his head just like his dad’s. Soho palms her black locks and pressed her small hands on Kyuhyun’s figure.

 

“On my count,” Hyunra mutters lowly and Soho eyes Kyuhyun’s sleeping figure.

 

“1, 2, 3!”

 

They both scream as Kyuhyun pulls the blanket open and startles the two kids. The laughter filled the room. Hyunra jumps onto the bed and squeezed himself in Kyuhyun’s arms. Kyuhyun helped Soho got up and nuzzled beside Ryeowook who’s also awake and smiling at them.

 

With work and promotions lying in front of them, they decided to transfer homes and buy themselves a house of their own. The couple purchased a house with four bedrooms, one bedroom for each and a guest room, and a good of everything else. It has a decent backyard for the kids to play and  a wide carpark for their car. 

 

Since their anniversary is nearly approaching, Kyuhyun had decided to take the weekend with his family and bring the kids on a trip to the countryside. Hyunra sits on his laps and snakes his arms around Kyuhyun’s neck. Soho kisses her mom’s cheek and cups his jawline.

 

“Goo morning eomma,” Soho greets and Ryeowook smiles at her. Soho is really like a little Ryeowook. Skin smooth and fair, and dark raven hair. But the snarky and wits definitely came from Kyuhyun’s genes especially when Soho is poking Ryeowook nonstop on the lips. Ryeowook leans and kisses her on the lips. 

 

“Good morning appa,” Hyunra mutters and laughs as Kyuhyun ruffles his head. As for Hyunra, he’s the genuine replica of Kyuhyun only smaller, and chubbier. He grins always and his curly brown mop for a hair brushes his cheeks in every movement. 

 

“Good morning my rascals,” Kyuhyun comments and Soho is the first to react.

 

“Soho is appa’s punk!” Soho laughs and Kyuhyun pokes her making fall on her back and giggles at Ryeowook’s side.

 

“Soho is a little punk?” Ryeowook asks, quietly concerned on her choice of words. He eyed Kyuhyun and Kyuhyun only waved his gaze. 

 

“She’s a girl,” Ryeowook says, glaring at him and Kyuhyun stifles a laugh.

 

“She’s my girl,” Kyuhyun back-pedals and Ryeowook rolls his eyes. Hyunra only laughs and kisses Kyuhyun’s cheek.

 

“Appa, we’re going on a trip! A trip!” Hyunra exclaims excitedly and Kyuhyun nods before pinching Hyunra’s nose and pushing him down the sheets. He pulls Soho near Hyunra and tickets them both.

 

Ryeowook smiles as he leans against the headboard and watches as his family tackles and play. Kyuhyun looks at him and with teasing and playful grin plastered on his face he approached Ryeowook like a lion and began tickling.

 

Ryeowook screams and twists as he felt two pairs of small hands join Kyuhyun. Their laughter filled the room and Kyuhyun stopped when Ryeowook reminded him about the flight. Surely, it won’t be nice if they missed their flight.

 

 

 

By the time they reached the airport, Hyunra clasps Ryeowook’s hand and grips tightly on his small backpack. He gazed at the big plane outside the tunnel pathway.

 

Soho is being carried in Kyuhyun’s arms and pointed at everything she can lay her eyes on. She’s wearing a black jumper with grey undershirt and nautical red striped socks with her favourite brown rubber shoes.

 

Hyunra fidgets and twirls his fingers at the hem of his black and blue plaid. He’s wearing a black shorts and white rubber shoes. Their parents are wearing matching white tees and black pants with Ryeowook’s extra skinny compared to Kyuhyun’s. 

 

They took a seat with Soho sitting beside Kyuhyun and Hyunra sitting between Kyuhyun and Ryeowook. 

 

“Up, up!” Soho screams and Kyuhyun had to cover for shouting to loudly. 

 

“Yes, up, up,” Kyuhyun replies and Soho giggles. She points at her big brother who’s clasped tightly on Ryeowook’s shirt.

 

Kyuhyun peered and smiled as he placed an assuring hand on Hyunra’s back. He massaged it lightly and leaned to his face.

 

“Hyunra, son,” he whispers and Ryeowook looks at them. “It’ll be okay. Appa and eomma are here. Look, little Soho isn’t scared.” Kyuhyun tells him and he breaks away from Ryeowook’s chest to glance at his little sister playing close open with the flight attendant buckling her seatbelt. 

 

Soho smiles at him and he stifles away his parents and leans against the chair. He closes his eyes and pouts as he felt the plane taking off. Kyuhyun and Ryeowook held his hands and Soho quiets down feeling the rush as they take off.

 

After a couple of minutes, they’re doing better. The began playing with their parents and before they know it, they reached Busan. Kyuhyun smiled at the wonderful memories they’re going to create.

 

 

 

It was a happy trip, just like they’ve planned. Ryeowook sat at the passenger’s seat and Kyuhyun took over the wheel. They rented a car that fitted 4 people and 2 big backpacks in the trunk.

 

“Where are we going?” Soho asks, fiddling through her hair and Kyuhyun looked at her through the rear mirror.

 

“To the house appa rented,” Ryeowook answers feeling a bit weak from the trip. Kyuhyun reached for his hand and Ryeowook smiled at the touch. Hyunra noticed then and panicked again.

 

“Appa! A-ppappa!” Hyunra shrieks and Kyuhyun glanced at him.

 

“Both hands on the wheel,” Hyunra reminded him and Ryeowook giggled at how Hyunra resembles little Wookie. Kyuhyun snorted and gazed in front of him.

 

“But eomma keeps on touching me,” Kyuhyun defends and Ryeowook glared at him, still clutching onto his hand.

 

Soho looked at her big brother from the window and held his hand. “Soho will hold your hand oppa. Don’t worry, appa is strong he will be careful.”

 

Hyunra tightens the grip and smiled at his little sister.

 

“Who’s my girl?” Kyuhyun asks, turning to his right as they enter a smaller street. They are almost there when Soho glees.

 

“Soho is appa’s girl!” Ryeowook smiles and squishes Kyuhyun’s hand.

 

 

They had their hearty lunch and Ryeowook changed their clothes. Kyuhyun reaches for the booklet of things they can do in before they go their reservations for supper. Soho had her hair in pig tails and Hyunra had her curly hair pushed back. 

 

“Look at my handsome man,” Kyuhyun comments as he swoop the little boy and Hyunra winks at him.

 

Kyuhyun laughs and kisses his lips. “You’re turning into a little me.” Hyunra pinches Kyuhyun’s cheeks and Kyuhyun felt a tug on his pants.

 

He looks down and sees Soho reaching up for him. “What about papa’s girl, up, up!”

 

Kyuhyun scoops Soho in his other arm and kissed her lips. She winks at him too and flashed a wide smile. “Appa’s gorgeous girl.”

 

Kyuhyun enjoys having his kids with him every time and he can’t really imagine living everyday without them. Ryeowook peeked out the other room and took a quick shot of his family kissing each other’s lips.

 

The kids heard the camera tingling and motioned towards their mom smiling warmly at them.

 

“So what should we do first?” Ryeowook asked and Soho laughed when Kyuhyun blow puffs of air in her neck.

 

“Grape juice, strawberry jam, ponys!” Soho exclaims happily as they head out the room. Both kids are still in Kyuhyun’s embrace. Ryeowook locked the door and carried their bag.

 

“Are you okay? Should I?” Ryeowook asks as they walk down the hall. He’s carrying the two kids and he wonders if he would like to give Soho or let Hyunra walk. The two kids are discussing about the first activity they would like to do first. Kyuhyun looks at him and stops. Ryeowook tilts his head.

 

Kyuhyun only grins and leans down, making Soho lean down as well. He captures Ryeowook’s lips for a kiss. It was quick and chaste but sudden that Ryeowook can fight but blush.

 

“Appa likes giving eomma chu-chu,” Hyunra comments, tightening the hold in his shirt.

 

Kyuhyun smirks and kisses his kids’ cheeks next making the kids squirm and squeal.

 

 

The first thing they did was to ride ponies. Kyuhyun stood beside Soho, guiding her pony and Ryeowook stood beside Hyunra’s pony. They stroll towards a path filled with cherry blossom trees at the sides. Ryeowook guided Hyunra carefully and Kyuhyun did the same with Soho.

 

The kids laugh and would make jokes that only the two of them understands leaving the couple talk randomly as well.

 

“Siwon!” Soho screams and they all stop. Kyuhyun looked around, trying to find Siwon but found none. He gazed back to his daughter.

 

“Siwon?” Kyuhyun asks and Soho waddles her legs at the side of the horse asking it to continue walking.

 

Soho nods and rubs the horse’s hair. “My pony’s name is Siwon, uncle Siwon.”

 

Ryeowook and Kyuhyun both laughed at Soho’s imagination and wondered if they recall Siwon letting them ride his back whenever he visits for a play date. Simon’s best at playing with the kids. He lets them ride on his back and pretend they’re knights and royalty riding their noble steed.

 

“We should keep that a secret,” Ryeowook mutters as they turn back to the barn to give back the horses.

 

“I promise, only if she is,” Kyuhyun comments, pointing at Soho. Soho is giving the Siwon horse a pat on the back. She’s whispering things against the horse’s ears as if they both understand each other. Kyuhyun only laughs at the cute yet queer antic.

 

 

“Sungmin-samchon, Eunhyuk-samchon and Donghae-samchon!” Hyunra shouts in delight as they all gather around the cauldron and Ryeowook smiles at his thoughtful child.

 

“I don’t think they’re aware that this is out anniversary,” Kyuhyun stammers as he placed his hand on his forehead and shook his head. “They keep on thinking about their uncles and giving them gifts!”

 

Ryeowook only chuckles as he pour the contents of the strawberry jam on four jars. They’ll be giving each to their three uncles and one for them. 

 

“Don’t mind it, at least the kids are having fun,” Ryeowook replies, closing the lid and handling the jar to the kids. They started drawing flowers and berries on the cover. Ryeowook dotted lines for them to trace their uncles’ names.

 

“I’ll make it sure they give everything back,” Kyuhyun snickers and Soho reaches for him in a hug.

 

“Appa!” he look at his daughter and Soho pokes her finger covered with jam on his face. Kyuhyun blinked and hid his annoyance with a loud laugh instead.

 

Later he suggested that they should go to the vineyard and make grape juice. He opted to give each jar to Eunhyuk and Heechul. The kids cheered and Ryeowook slapped at him playfully.

 

“And how are we going to make the grape juice?” Ryeowook asked as they head back to their house.

 

“With our feet of course,” Kyuhyun smirked evilly and Ryeowook rolled his eyes.

 

 

 

After a quick shower and a short nap, Kyuhyun called the restaurant they’ll be eating at. He had prepared something for weeks and weeks now. He called his kids and they gathered in the living room with smiles on their faces. 

 

When Ryeowook was done bathing and dressing himself on his casual clothes Hyunra ran to his side and gave him a flower. 

 

“Eomma,” Hyunra said with a glee and Ryeowook reached for the flower. He smiled and kissed his son’s cheek. Hyunra pulled him out of the room and out the house where a car is waiting for them. A chauffeur opened the back door and Ryeowook inquired warily.

 

“It’s okay eomma, let’s go go go,” Hyunra shrieks and Ryeowook nods before getting in. 

 

“Where’s Soho?” he asks and Hyunra only silences him by placing a small hand on his mouth. He nods and starts to worry but he knows that Kyuhyun’s behind of this. Although, he chooses not to spoil the surprise and ride with it.

 

They arrived at the restaurant. Soho stood by the door and Ryeowook flashed a wide grin on his face. Soho pulled away her hair and waved at her mom. She offered her another rose and pulled one of Ryeowook’s hand while Hyunra held the other hand as they head out the balcony.

 

When they reached their table, he almost got teary when he saw Kyuhyun standing a few meters away from them. He’s singing a melodic song with his wonderful deep voice and Ryeowook smiled. He started recalling everything they’d done on the first day they met.

 

He nearly forgotten that Kyuhyun can sing too. He listened carefully as his kids pull him inside the terrace and stand before Kyuhyun.

 

“Hi,” Kyuhyun said as the kids settled by his side. Ryeowook blushed and smiled at his lover snickering a wide grin.

 

Kyuhyun handed him a bouquet of roses and he nodded while fighting in the tears. He smiled sweetly and leaned down to press a passionate kiss on his lips. “Happy anniversary.”

 

They were having the moment, enjoying every single bit when he felt someone tugging at his trousers. Kyuhyun glanced back and saw Soho.

 

“Appa, I’m hungry.” Soho screams and he rolled his eyes. He glanced back at his husband and Ryeowook cupped his face.

 

“Next time, I’ll have their uncles babysit them so I can solo you for the weekend.” Kyuhyun stammers annoyed yet delighted and Ryeowook nodded with him in agreement.

 

“I wouldn’t mind having you alone,” Ryeowook suggested and he brushed his hand against Kyuhyun's waist. “Maybe tonight?” he added.

 

Kyuhyun only smirked and grinned at the thought of a good anniversary love making when he heard his kids laughing with their food on their faces. He may at times crave for Ryeowook on bed, sticky and needy and wanted but he surely won’t ask having his kids’ company replaced for a good bonding like this. 

 

 

Or maybe he can, sometimes. As long as Ryeowook's willing to spend a good quality time with him on bed, without the kids, and him pressed under him on the sheets.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I just trolled away from Law 1 (yes, while having our lecture) and daydreamed on vacation and the mountains because I desperately need to get out of the classroom right now. Then all of sudden, while my prof is giving us a lecture on the definition of law, I recalled little Soho. Of course, Soho = Kyuwook family and so viola! This came up. I hope you will love this just as much you enjoyed the other chapters. 

 

A/N 2: This is written and done roughly. I’ll find time to edit this one later, after class and when I got home. Sorry! ;-; ❤️ Thank god for wifi and profs who allow laptops in class!