Wasn't His Forte

Wasn't His Forte

Kyuhyun mumbles under his breath as if cussing and cursing and contemplating how the hell did it happened? All he know is they just got married and all married couple scoot over to honeymoon on the same night. He isn’t really the type to care because safe is lame for married couple. But what the hell, Kyuhyun thought to himself shockingly and he just stares at the doctor before them. He looks at Ryeowook next who was smiling and eyes all glimmering with such fondness and he gulps the lump forming in his throat because making Ryeowook moan for his name is his only forte and not handling a pregnant husband. 

 

“You’re five weeks pregnant Ryeowok-ssi,” the female doctor says happily and Ryeowook nods at her fully, taking Kyuhyun’s hand in his and tears starts to creep from the corner of his eyes. The taller man gulps even more and concentrates his attention to whatever the doctor is saying but fails.

 

“He’s pregnant?” he asks more of to himself than to the other two and his lover throws him a look. “How did this happened?” he mutters as he slouches against the chair and squishes Ryeowook’s hand ever tightly. 

 

The doctor beams at her happily, “Well, it seems that Ryeowook’s hormones had made a twisty turn and he surprisingly was able to conceive a baby. You’re lucky,” the doctor explains and Kyuhyun stares blankly at her, purely in disbelief. “Not all couple can have babies,” she adds and Ryeowook nods at him with passion and love and full of determination that it pains Kyuhyun hurting his feelings. So he smiles, weakly at first and when Ryeowook trails light pathways on the back of his hand, his smile turns into a grin and Ryeowook had never felt in his entire life, well second from being with the love of his life.

 

 

The first month was easy, it was light and problems hadn’t propped between their lives. They would still bathe together on Sundays, would still lazily watch a movie on Saturdays and would spend some date nights on weeknights. When Ryeowook’s in the mood, they would have and Kyuhyun would delightfully give him the most pleasure in life. 

 

One night, after their dinner, Kyuhyun places teasingly kisses on Ryeowook’s nape while the latter was busy washing the dishes. Ryeowook moans and before they can even realise it, they’re on their bed, and flustered. Kyuhyun caresses Ryeowook’s face and the smaller man moans in full pleasure. He was about to pull Kyuhyun for another round of lip-locking when Kyuhyun asks him innocently, “Will I get you pregnant again?” 

 

The question was too innocent that the older man pulls him and instead of kissing him, he instructs Kyuhyun to lie beside him. He places his head on the lean man’s chest and nuzzles deeply, “I don’t think so. You got me pregnant already,” he mumbles and in a quick snap he was asleep. 

 

Kyuhyun hugs the figure and curses, so this creature kills Ryeowook’s mood on the first month and he fears what could happen on the next succeeding months. He closes his eyes and places his arm atop it. He sighs a little loudly this time gaining a movement from the latter.

 

He gazes at the figure beside him and smiles to himself. He’s going to be a dad. And this creature he’s going to call his kid will be the haunt of him. It makes him laugh at the idea and scowls at the thought that he has to suffer 8 more confusing, crazy and a catastrohic Ryeowook. He hugs him instead and dozes off to bed.

 

But he then gets up from the bed and dashes straight to the bedroom and turns on the cold water against his . “Guess no for 8 more months,” he frowns and his annoyance towards the creature inside Ryeowook’s body increases more.

 

 

The second month was okay. It was nothing compared to the first month because Ryeowook was beyond being nice compared the first month of pregnancy. He has totally loosen grip on the situation, he thinks to himself as he tries ever lovingly to caress Ryeowook’s back and mumble sweet what nots against the latter’s ear.

 

Ryeowook is throwing up again, it’s been like this for an entire month and Kyuhyun can’t help but feel guilty because every single time seeing his lover bend in pain and puke because he just feels sick. 

 

“This is your fault,” Ryeowook stammers as he wipes the corner of his lips and glares at Kyuhyun who stares back at him in defeat.

 

“I am sorry,” he replies as he carries Ryeowook in his arms and Kyuhyun flashes his ever-wide smile. The smaller man erases the annoyance and smiles at him. He pinches Kyuhyun’s nose and ruffles his hair.

 

Kyuhyun smiles but then it disappears instantly when Ryeowook jumps off him and dashes back to the bathroom.

 

 

Thinking that the second month of pregnancy was hellish enough, Kyuhyun is taken aback when Ryeowook calls him one afternoon, asking him to buy certain stuff at the supermarket and bring it quickly home. So there he is, carrying a plastic bag full of food and condiments and drink and whatnots Ryeowook had asked him to buy.

 

He enters the house and Ryeowook greets him with a quick peck. He grabs the bag and dashes to the dining table making Kyuhyun laugh yet annoyed quite a little because a quick peck doesn’t count as a decent welcoming.

 

He follows him to the dining table and cringes his face at the terrible food combination he had ever seen in his entire 24 years of existence. 

 

Ryeowook is basking happily on green ripe mangoes with Oreo ice cream served as spread. Kyuhyun winces at the disgusting sight. He doesn’t even know if he can sit with him because the smell of Kimchi, sun-dried octupus, marinated chicken feet and sour cream is way beyond pleasant. It’s poison on the nose and Kyuhyun can’t help but just leave Ryeowook alone with his weird cravings. 

 

He walks into the their bedroom and slumps on it annoyingly.

 

 

Ryeowook sits on his lap one morning and Kyuhyun wraps a loving arm around the thin waist, “See Hyunnie,” Ryeowook sings softly and Kyuhyun pinches his nose for his alluring antics, “Baby is getting bigger,” he adds and Kyuhyun places his long slender fingers to trail pathways on the lump in Ryeowook’s tummy.

 

“The monster’s getting bigger,” Kyuhyun comments as he stares at the tummy and to Ryeowook next. The smaller man slaps his arm lightly and puffs his cheeks.

 

“I bet he’ll look just like you,” Ryeowook says simply, feeling the excitement and Kyuhyun can’t help but hug his lover close, kissing the top of his head and caressing his tummy.

 

“You think? It’ll be horrifying then, don’t you think?” he counters, evil and snarky as always. Ryeowook pouts at him and Kyuhyun kisses him as reply. “He’ll be the second handsome man on earth,” Kyuhyun replaces and Ryeowook beams at him with his wide and toothy grin. 

 

“I’ll have two handsome men now, I wonder who to choose,” Ryeowook speaks and laughs afterwards. Kyuhyun gives him the look and kisses him instantly. He wraps his arms around the tall lean man and he smiles in between kisses when Kyuhyun fixes his arms around the waist and stands up.

 

“Where are we going?” Ryeowook asks, lips still locked on Kyuhyun’s. He wraps his legs naturally around Kyuhyun’s waist and latches tighter.

 

“We haven’t had for four months now,” Kyuhyun mutters and pushes themselves inside the bedroom. 

 

“The baby, this won’t be good for the baby,” Ryeowook speaks, pulling away and leans his forehead against Kyuhyun’s locks.

 

Kyuhyun pouts, trying his best to look persuasive and effective but the older man shakes his head and kisses him on the cheek instead. “For the baby,” and Kyuhyun is drawn compulsively on those orbs that are staring intently back at him. He smiles and looks at Ryeowook affectionately. 

 

“For the baby,” Kyuhyun repeats and kisses Ryeowook’s lips.

 

 

The fifth month was the most terrible month because dealing with his tantrums and mood swings must have been the most frightening moment he had shared with Ryeowook or with anyone for that matter, in his entire life.

 

He stares at the ceiling because Ryeowook doesn’t like to sleep beside him and demands more space in their bed. He sighs as he fixes himself on the couch and pulls the coverlet up his head.

 

First was the morning sicknesses,  then weird cravings, then mood swings, then no and now this. This has been totally out of control, he thinks to himself and he stares piercingly on the ceiling as if it had been the cause of all his pain and exasperation in the entire world.

 

He doesn’t like having baby, well not yet and he’s not ready to be a father but seeing Ryeowook’s face enchanted by the fact that they’re going to have a baby, he just can’t help but share the little happiness with Ryeowook’s because if being selfless means loving Ryeowook then be it.

 

 

“Appa,” Ryeowook teases as they lie on the bed enjoying the morning breeze and sunlight from the windowsill.

 

Kyuhyun mumbles lethargically and wraps an arm around Ryeowook’s tummy.

 

“He’s going to call you appa and follow you everywhere,” Ryewook continues, as he sings song few names to their soon to be kid.

 

“He’ll have curly hair just like you and he’ll be tall and lean and white just like you,” the smaller man adds and Kyuhyun smiles with his eyes closed at the things he hears from Ryeowook.

 

“You really think so?” Kyuhyun asks and pulls Ryeowook closer.

 

“I know so,” the latter replies and Kyuhyun lets out a small laugh.

 

“Appa carry me. Appa feed me. Appa ice-cream. Appa, appa, appa,” Ryeowook imagines out loud and Kyuhyun opens his eyes when he felt a movement on the palm of his hand.

 

“Wookie!” Kyuhyun exclaims excitedly and Ryeowook looks back at him. “It’s moving!”

 

Ryeowook smiles at him and nods happily.

 

 They were doing some baby shopping one fine afternoon when Ryeowook suddenly sees a pair of white and blue striped socks. He grabs it instantly and Kyuhyun rolls his eyes. They’ve been around the mall for two hours now and Ryeowook grabs almost anything he can lay his eyes at.

 

“Kyuhyunnie,” Ryeowook speaks as he approaches Kyuhyun carrying paperbags and plastic bags filled with baby stuff.

 

“Which one do you think is better?” he asks and Kyuhyun tries to suppress a growl. Ryeowook flashes him a pair of socks and asks Kyuhyun for his opinion.

 

"I don’t know… the blue one?” he replies and Ryeowook rolls his eyes. He chooses the pink one and shoves it into their basket. 

 

 They sit in the cab and Kyuhyun tries assuringly to Ryeowook. Making him feel comfortable and preparing him for the baby to come. He wants to let Ryeowook know that he’s just there beside him always.

 

Ryeowook breathes in and out, a bit difficult than normal because the baby won’t just stop moving and kicking and beating the insides of its mommy. He’s due today and when his water broke he automatically Kyuhyun grabs the packed bags quickly and hails for a taxi.

 

“Urrgghh…” Ryeowook scowls and the driver tries his very best to be quick. 

 

“We’re almost there,” Kyuhyun assures him and kisses his lips. 

 

 

When the doctor approached Kyuhyun at around 4:30 in the morning, after 4 terrorising hours waiting outside the delivery room. He doesn’t know what to except but he sure hopes that the baby will go out normally and that Ryeowook will be fine and okay and still beautiful despite carrying and taking care of a monster inside him. He jumps off his place when the doctor calls for his name and let him go inside the room.

 

He skids his way and stops by the doorframe. Ryeowook is carrying a baby boy with curly locks and white skin. He’s so tiny Kyuhyun thinks to himself as he saunters closer to Ryeowook and tears started creeping on his cheeks.

 

Ryeowook flashes a smile and insturcts Kyuhyun to come near. The tall man wipes his tears and carries the tiny creature in his arms. He looks at the baby and then to his lover. He kisses Ryeowook’s lips fully and kisses the baby’s lips next.

 

“What’s his name?” Kyuhyun asks and Ryeowook smiles at him.

 

“Hyun Ra,” he replies feeling a bit sleepy and Kyuhyun looks at his son ever so lovingly.

 

“Hyun Ra,” he repeats, feeling the name roll familiarly on his tongue. “It’s a great name,” he adds and kisses Ryeowook’s forehead before drifting off to sleep. He sways the baby in his arms and stares at the thin lips, the curly locks, the chestnut eyes and the beautiful nose. 

 

“You little rascal,” Kyuhyun whispers, “don’t give umma and appa a difficult time,” he adds and smiles to himself as he looks at his family sleeping peacefully.