Soho

Wasn't His Forte

It was sometime in May, the warm summer breeze enveloping the room and Kyuhyun and his kids are deep in sleep. He shifts and moves feeling someone pushes himself on his back and he turns slowly seeing Hyunra nuzzling on his back, hugging his favourite Tayo stuffed toy. He scoops his son and kisses his forehead when Hyunra opens his eyes slowly and kisses Kyuhyun’s lips and flashes his ever charming smile.

 

“A-appa goo morning,” Hyunra greets his dad and Kyuhyun kisses him on the lips before replying a good morning back. 

 

“Have you had a good sleep?” Kyuhyun asks, shuffling Hyunra’s hair and massaging the little limbs. Hyunra smiles and nods compactly.

 

“Aa-p-ppa-pa,” a small voice chirps and Kyuhyun grunts when his daughter crawls on top of him kissing him on the lips, saliva spreading on his cheeks and Kyuhyun just smiles at her and eating down her strands of hair. 

 

“Good morning Soho,” Kyuhyun greets and pats the back of his daughter as Soho lies on his chest and smiling at her big brother. Hyunra laughs and hugs Soho after giving his little sister a kiss on the cheek.

 

“Yunra-oppa!” Soho exclaims happily and Kyuhyun smiles at the sight of his kids.

 

“Soho, appa. Soho, appa-pa-pa.” Soho mumbles cutely and both Hyunra and Kyuhyun laughs at her blubbers. Kyuhyun sits up straight carrying Soho in his arms and Hyunra latches himself on his lap. 

 

“Let’s see if Umma’s home already then let’s eat breakfast,” Kyuhyun tells his kids as he scoops Hyunra and Soho in his arms simultaneously. Soho giggles at her dad, shaking her fists showing how much delighted she is hearing breakfast and Umma.

 

When they reached the kitchen, Ryeowook was just done cooking pancakes and preparing fruits for his family. He smiles widely and opens an arm for Soho who’s been reaching out for his carry.  “Wow, Soho!” Ryeowook says and Soho laughs when Ryeowook carries her and kisses her neck.

 

“My darling, how are you? Did appa do well watching over you?” Ryeowook asks and Kyuhyun snorts as he leans down to kiss Ryeowook fully on the lips.

 

“Morning,” Kyuhyun replies and sits Hyunra on his high-chair. 

 

“Umma, Appa caught a shark in the bathtub last night!” Hyunra exclaims and Soho laughs hearing the word shark, some strawberries in her little hands.

 

“Alligator! Alligator!” Soho chirps and Ryeowook wipes the honey on Hyunra’s cheeks as he shoves some pancakes in his mouth.

 

“Shark? Alligator?” Ryeowook asks and Kyuhyun smiles at him before drinking coffee in his mug, “I gave them a bath with their alligator and shark toys,” he explains and munches on his share of pancake.

 

“Umma-mma-ma! Berry?” Soho pronounces as she hands the strawberry in Ryeowook’s face. Ryeowook opens his mouth widely and eats the berry. Soho giggles happily and hums some tune from a children’s song Kyuhyun used to play.

 

“What time did you get home?” Kyuhyun asks as Ryeowook sits on his lap and he envelopes his arm as a hug. 

 

“I just got back this morning, around 5,” Ryeowook replies nuzzling in Kyuhyun’s neck and Kyuhyun kisses his forehead as he stares at his kids conversing baby talks while eating pancakes and fruits.

 

“Umma has been working so hard,” Kyuhyun exclaims and he feels Ryeowook shifts and now staring back at him intently.

 

“Don’t tell me you’re pregnant again?” Kyuhyun jokes and Ryeowook laughs at him. He slaps Kyuhyun’s arm playfully and Kyuhyun kisses him in return.

 

“Chu-chu! Umma, Appa chu-chu!” they hear their kids shout in unison.

 

“Yes, Appa chu-chu Umma,” Kyuhyun replies as he hug Ryeowook near and ravishes his wife’s lips skittishly.

 

They all laugh at their dad.

 

 

“Appa! Carry!” Soho whines one afternoon as they decided to bring the kids out to the park to play. They’ve been running around in circles, chasing one another while Ryeowook sits on a bench near, eyeing his family while reading a book. Kyuhyun is laughing his lungs out while Hyunra and Soho screams as their dad chase them.

 

By the time they finished running and got tired, they all raced towards Ryeowook who had been waiting for them with bottles of water.

 

Hyunra reached his mom first and hugs him while bursting into an angelic laugh. Ryeowook hands the bottle into his lips and Hyunra drowns himself with water before resting his head on Ryeowook’s lap and laughs at Kyuhyun now walking towards them carrying Soho in his arms.

 

“Umma, drink.” Soho says and Ryeowook hands the bottle to Kyuhyun. Her dad guides the bottle to her lips and she flashes a smile after drinking little water. She leans closer her dad and whispers while glancing to her mom.

 

Kyuhyun laughs and Ryeowook asks, “Why? What are you two laughing at?”

 

Soho giggles, fixing her pony-tailed hair and wiping the water droplets on her face. “Soho told Appa buy ice-cream.” Soho explains adoringly and Ryeowook puffs his cheeks.

 

“But it’s almost supper time,” their mom defends and Soho pushes herself down from her dad. Kyuhyun guides her to her mom and Soho latches herself on to Ryeowook.

 

Ryeowook fixes her hair all sprawled on her face and Soho hugs him near. She kisses Ryeowook’s face before saying, “Umma, ice-cream please.” Ryeowook laughs and Kyuhyun sits beside them, letting Hyunra to sit on his lap.

 

Soho repeats kissing him on the cheek again then says, “Umma, ice-cream please.” 

 

Ryeowook glares at his husband and Kyuhyun laughs at him as reply. “I wonder where did you learn that,” Ryeowook mumbles and Hyunra leans up at him to kiss his cheek too.

 

“Hyunra wants ice-cream too,” their son adds and Soho giggles.

 

Soho kisses Ryeowook on the face again and chirps, “Umma, ice-cream for Oppa, Appa and Soho. Please.”

 

Ryeowook rolls his eyes and kisses his kids. “Of course,” he says in defeat and Kyuhyun leans near to receive a kiss but Ryeowook moves away.

 

“Where’s Appa’s kiss?” Kyuhyun asks and Hyunra laughs at him.

 

 

“No!”

 

Soho cries behind her teddy bear and Hyunra tries to calm himself while looking at his little sister. They just woke up from their nap and stroll towards the living room to watch some cartoons. Kyuhyun is busy having a bath while Ryeowook is collecting the laundry from the outside.

 

“I said, no Soho,” Hyunra tells her again keeping the cookies away from Soho. Ryeowook always tell them to eat cookies one at a time and Soho has a cookie in each hand yet still wants another one. Hyunra obeys the rules and Soho likes to break them. Hyunra may look at lot like Kyuhyun but the little rascal who got their daddy’s character was Soho.

 

She munches the cookies quickly and shows her not empty hands to her brother. “See oppaaa, no no cookies, no.”

 

Hyunra scoffs at her, sipping his orange juice and sits beside her. He brushes off the cookie crumbs off her palms and from her cheeks. Soho smiles and kiss her big brother. “Will Oppa give cookies to Soho now?”

 

Hyunra gives her his juice and nods. He hands her a cookie and they munch happily, not to mention secretly, on their snack while watching Pocoyo on the screen.

 

Soho is sweating and crying in pain while Hyunra stands beside his daddy carrying Soho’s favourite stuffed toy. It’s been a long night for Kyuhyun and his kids. Ryeowook had to stay late and finish arranging lyrics for the agency he’s working at. He calls every hour to check his daughter who’d been fighting the fever since this afternoon. 

 

Kyuhyun sways and cradles Soho endlessly while patching cooling pads on his daughter’s forehead and arm. “There, there Soho,” Kyuhyun sings while feeling tears swarming at the corner of his eyes. Seeing his daughter in pain brings him more agony and what torture him more is he can’t do anything. He looks down at Hyunra who’s looking up them with worried eyes. 

 

“Why don’t you try and go to bed?” Kyuhyun asks in between sobs and Hyunra runs a hand on his cheek shaking his head.

 

“Hyunra will stay with Appa,” Hyunra replies, up Soho’s teether and Kyuhyun kisses his son’s top of the head. 

 

“Soho, see, Oppa and Appa are here,” Kyuhyun assures and hugs his daughter despite the wails and cries. She’s burning and Kyuhyun just manages to give her, her medications. 

 

After singing and swaying Soho for almost an hour, Soho falls into a deep sleep, clutching her fists on Kyuhyun’s shirt and Hyunra sleeping on one side of the futon laid on the living room. He sits carefully and places Soho on the futon, brushing some strands and sweat droplets off her face. She looks so tiny and weak and fragile Kyuhyun feels pain just looking at his daughter. He fans her daughter for a while when Ryeowook marches inside their home and kneels hurriedly beside his husband. Kyuhyun hugs him and breaks down. Ryeowook hugs him and kisses his cheek, “There, there Kyuhyunnie, she’s all better now.”

 

Kyuhyun gulps and kisses Ryeowook on the lips. “Take your rest, I’ll clean up then sleep too,” Ryeowook assures him and Kyuhyun nods as he pulls Hyunra near him, kissing his son’s cheek before lying between his kids and drifting off to sleep.

 

 

Soho is 2 years old now while Hyunra’s 3. Hyunra had his dad’s brown locks and brown orbs while Soho had his mom’s black silk locks and almond eyes. Hyunra may look like his dad but he’s obedient and all cheery just like his mom while Soho lives to her name, little tiger and as witty and enthusiastic as her dad. 

 

She has her hair long until her shoulders and Ryeowook loves to dress her in girly and frilly dresses. Hyunra loves wearing shirts and shorts, sometimes Kyuhyun would dress him with jumpers and cap and Ryeowook would often roll his eyes, “You’re really into making him into a little you, Kyuhyun.” Kyuhyun would always grin and ruffles his son’s hair liking the jumper and pair of blue rocket-printed socks he had worn him. 

 

 

Ryeowook fixes his daughter’s hair into cute pigtails and lets her wear her white dress with little flowers embroidered on the hem. She wears her coat and Hyunra fixes his hat, coat and bowtie. They both seem ready and they both look at their dad switching shirts almost endlessly.

 

Ryeowook grabs a neck tie and wraps it around Kyuhyun’s neck. “That’s it, blue suits you. Enough.” Ryeowook tells him and he sits on the bed staring at Ryeowook nicely dressed in his violet shirt and grey coat. 

 

“I know, I know. But this is just,” Kyuhyun speaks funnily and his kids laugh at him.

 

“You rascals,” Kyuhyun calls and they both run towards their parents on the bed.

 

“Are you nervous?” Ryeowook asks and Kyuhyun nods feeling fidgety when he feels little hands massaging his back and Ryeowook squeals at his kids for helping their dad relax.

 

“Will Appa perform on stage?” Hyunra asks as he knead Kyuhyun’s arms full of effort. 

 

“Appa will receive an award in the school he’s teaching at,” Ryeowook explains and Soho appears on Kyuhyun’s right sitting on his lap, ruffling her dress. 

 

“Appa very good!” Soho cheers and Kyuhyun leans down to kiss Soho and Soho hugs her dad around the neck and Ryeowook neats her hair one last time before they rush out the car and head straight to the school.

 

When they got off the venue, Kyuhyun holds Hyunra’s little hand and carried Soho against his chest. Ryeowook stands beside him and flashes his wide grin. “I am so proud of you,” he tells his husband and Kyuhyun flushes lightly.

 

If Kyuhyun is to ask, he need not those awards and certifications, just having his two little angels and his lovely wife is the best award he can receive in his entire life.

 

 

 

A/N: Because I can't get over not telling you guys their daughter. This will be the last chapter for Wasn't His Forte. Thank you so much for reading my first mpreg kyuwook fic. ^^ Widya-unnie, I hope you'd love this one to bits! :D