3

The Never Happy Ending

-Jungkook POV-

5.4.3.2.1.

-creak- Her door opened quietly. I watched her careful movements and noticed every wince she made as she walked down her stairs. 

"Good morning." I say as she came closer to me. She nod and pulled her cap more down to try to cover her face. Still, it was a stupid attempt as I had already had seen enough to know what had happened. The same anger boiled in me, but it wasn't towards her mother. It was more towards myself, who couldn't do anything to change her life. 

I let out a sigh before leaning closer to her. She backed away but I only leaned more. "Jung-" she started as I lightly pull the fluff off her hair. I sighed before backing away and started walking towards school. I maintained a slow pace, knowing she couldn't walk too fast with those fresh bruises covering her already broken body.

Once our school came into sight, she instantly stopped walking right behind me. Each step I took, she waited a few before starting hers. I hated when she did this. It was her way of keeping me safe, away from the attention that her bullies gave her. She wanted me to keep away as much as I wanted to keep her right by side. 

"Bye." I heard her whisper before fast walking over towards her locker. Her head stayed down as her body tensed, giving off a completely vulnerable vibe. 

-Raven POV-

Careful. Careful. 

No matter how careful I moved my limbs, the pain and soreness kept coming. I could only try to ignore it and hope for the best. I could feel the eyes of everyone digging into me. I tensed even more and buried my head into my locker, trying to calm my breathing. 

Breathe in. Breath out. It's simple Raven. Calm down.

"Hey hey hey! What's wrong?"

I felt the presence behind me. The presence calmly patted my back, even though it brushed my fresh bruises, it comforted me. I concentrated on the rhythm of the patting and calmed down. I lifted my head a little to see Daehyun, watching me with worried eyes. I quickly turned around, hoping he didn't see the cut I got across my right eyebrow running down to the middle of my cheek. 

"Are you -"

"Thanks." I say quickly before closing my locker and jetting off. 

I ran into the bathroom, splashing water at my face. I stared at my cheeks that were painted pink. 

Lightly slapping them, I reminded myself that I need to stop whatever is happening. I need to stay away or else nothing good will come from this.

Quietlly, I slipped out of the bathroom and went to my classroom. Like always, I went in with no one greeting me. I calmly took out all the materials I needed. Just as I was done, Daehyun sat on the seat in front of me. 

"Hey are you sure you're ok?"

I ignored him.

I felt him lean in and I lowered my head even more."Yo yo yooooooo why aren't answering me?"

"Daehyun~" Alexandra came over and gave him a big hug. "I bought a new watch. How do you like it?" 

Shut up.

"It's nice. Where is it from?"

Shut up.

They continued their little conversation in front of me. I just wanted to be alone. I didn't want to hear the annoying voices. "Can you please get the heck away and talk somewhere else?" I screamed at them.

The whole class got quiet and I immediately regretted my choice. 

"Psht. Look at who we got here. Who would have known you can actually talked let alone talk to me?" She walked right next to me, pulling me off the chair. I struggled against her, but she just gripped me harder. "Repeat what you just said loser." I struggled more. "I FRICKEN SAID REPEAT WHAT YOU SAID" She screamed and I felt myself start shaking, a natural reflex. 

Let me go.I screamed internally but I couldn't. My body starting to react the usual fear. I felt the walls trapping me, my shaking increased.

"LET HER GO!" I heard Daehyun scream as I felt him pulling me away from her. 

Stop touching me.

Like Newton's law, a force needs an equal and opposite force against it. They got the opposite force but forgot about equal and so I ended up flying against the floor and hit the wall before reaching a halt. I groaned in pain as new and old bruises felt the impact. 

"Raven" Daehyun called as he rushed to my side. I lifted myself a bit before going back to the ground with a groan. He reached out to help but stopped him before he could touch me. I took a deep breath before lifting myself once again, this time getting into one of those mermaid poses, with the legs laying sideways and arms stretched all the way against the floor. 

I heard multiple "oh my gods" before feeling a drop of warm liquid on my hand. Then I realized my hat had fallen off my head during the fall. My hair was parted so that my still fresh cut could be seen by everyone. I looked at all the eyes in the room. All staring at me as if I had came from Mars, disgusted and afraid. I looked at Daehyun, who stared at me with wide confused eyes. I felt my eyes tearing up from the embarrasement. 

You failure. How could you be so careless and let this happen you stupid?

I started to get up and Daehyun snapped out of it to help me. Even before I could tell him no, he was pushed out of the way. 

"I told you to stay away from her." I looked up to see an emotionless Jungkook.I knew an emotionless Jungkook was actually a very angry ticking bomb. 

"Jungko-" He picked me up bridal style. 

"Are you ok?" He whispered to me. I nodded before hiding my face into the warmth of his chest and let him take me away from the classroom.

-a few minutes later-

I winced as Jungkook applied ointment on to my cut that had opened slightly from the fall. He hadn't said a single word since bringing me to the nurse's office. His face still showing no emotion but I could feel the anger radiating off his body. After he was done, he cleaned up and kneeled down in front of me.

"I'm sorry."

I made a confused expression. "hey there's nothing to be s-"

"I couldn't protect you this time. I couldn't protect you everytime something bad happened to you. No matter how much I want to keep you from getting hurt, I can never stop."

He lifted my sleeves and traced each bruise.

"If only I was stronger. If only I had more power. I could take you away from all of this pain. Away from everyone who is breaking you apart." He started breaking down and leaned his head against my thighs. 

I felt my heart twinge as he continued to cry. He was crying because of me and that was totally unnecessary. I patted his head before cupping his face in my hands. 

"Now now now. Jungkook you shouldn't be crying. None of these bruises were because of you. Don't cry over something that you can't control."

"But I don't want to see you get hurt anymore"

I chuckled a little. "Aigoo. Life gave me all the bad luck in the world but left me with one ray of hope which is you. We've been friends for over 10 years now. I'm sure I would have lost myself way earlier if it was not for you. Now my one ray of hope please stop crying and blaming yourself or else I won't be your friend anymore."

He laughed. "How old are you to be using that threat Raven?" 

"Hey as long as it works why should I stop?" I laughed along with him. I calmed down and wiped the tears stains off his face. "I'm so lucky to have at least you worrying about me. On the other hand, you're not too lucky to have a friend like me making you worried all the time."

He stopped my hands and clamped together with his. "I wouldn't have it any other way." His eyes showed all the sincerity he meant. I nodded and wrapped my arms around for a big hug.

I don't know how I would have survived without a friend like Jungkook.

-No One POV-

The figure quietly closed the nurse office door. Letting out a sigh, he turned around and headed back to the classroom. He looked at worn out hat and felt a tint of anger for not stopping what had happened. As he recalled the scene before he closed the door, he felt an uncomfortable feeling inside of him, one he has never felt before. He shook it off before returning to the classroom, putting his nice guy act on again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

(-_-||) It's been literally 1 year and a day before 2 months since I updated..... Calculating it makes it even worse doesn't it? I'm just trying to finish these stories now.......

Comment and Subscribe still please~~~ COMMENTS PLEASEEEEE I NEED MOTIVATION obviously :P

Thank you for reading and ignore all mistakes please~