1

The Never Happy Ending

-Daehyun POV-

“Hey don’t I get a kissy?” My mom whines as she pulls me back into a hug. I whine against her hold but don’t fight. Even I try my best to act all grown up, I still can’t fight against my mom’s hugs. Realizing people were starting to gather around the car, I push my mom away and shout a “bye” before jumping out the car. I felt many eyes on me as I closed the door. I don’t blame them though. Seeing a Ferrari at a public high school probably is an extraordinary sight. I sigh as start my way towards the school.

-20 minutes later-

“Everyone settle down!” The teacher said as he smacked the ruler to the table several times. I hear whispering as I awkwardly walk to the teacher.

“Excuse me. I just transferred here.” I said as I pass a note from the main office to him. He nods and tells me to take a seat in the back. As I make my way to my seat, he starts the lesson about definite integrals. Once I sat down, I hear a bunch of whispering and I know it’s all about me. I scan the classroom , realizing almost everyone’s eyes were on me except one. I raise my eyebrow as I watch a girl  paying completely no attention to me.

I studied her.

 A plain girl that could be forgotten if you didn’t look closely. She gave off a “stay away” kind of aura. Her long jet black hair covered her face from my view. It made me really curious as to what was hiding behind those long locks. I wondered if her eyes were big or small.  I wondered if she maybe had a flaw on her face for her to cover it.

 I wondered a lot throughout that class. I wondered a lot about her.

-50 minutes later-

The bell rang and the teacher sighed at the sight of students running out the door. As I packed my things, girls surrounded me.

“Hey ----- I’m Alexandra. What class do you have next? Maybe I can help you get to class.” An average height girl with a truck load of makeup on her face said. Her smiled looked so fake but I’ve become accustomed to those. They were the only smiles I’ve seen.

I nodded since I did need the help. I handed her my schedule and she gladly took it. “Hey we h-“ She started but I couldn’t hear a word she said. I was focused on that girl. I watched her get up and grab her books into her arms. I studied her clothing. Not a bit of skin was exposed even though the weather was close to the 90s. I studied her careful actions as she went to the door. I noticed she walked with certain angles so a certain part of her body wouldn’t come close to contact. Was this an OCD thing? I scrunched my eyebrows, upset that I still couldn’t see her face before she left the room.

“----.----.----!” Alexandra said loudly. I flinched at her voice getting squeaky. I threw her one of my perfected smiles and saw her melt a little.

“I’m sorry. I’m just a bit tired from the move here. Can you show me to my next classroom please? I think class is starting soon.”

-lunch time-

By lunch time, I had already gained a whole gang of friends. Just like I suspected, I am surrounded by the "cool" kids of the grade. They looked exactly the same as they did in my old school.

Snobby. Rich. Self centered.

I've been surrounded by these people almost all my life and they always seemed to fit into those three adjectives. They were starting to become a bore but I was forever cursed to be part of their group. I have neither tried nor bothered to change that fate though. Maybe because I haven't seen enough of the other groups to see which one I really rather be in.

"Daehyun! Daehyun! Come sit next to me." Alexandra tugged on my sleeve, bringing me towards her. I followed the flow since I really didn't care where I sat as long as I could eat my lunch.

The guys were talking about the upcoming football game for them. The girls were talking about the latest fashion trends. Neither were topics that I found interested in so I kept to myself and ate my turkey sandwich. I was in my own world until my eyes saw that girl from the first class.

She was sitting with a guy in the corner. Could he be her boyfriend? If they were a couple, why aren't they talking? They were literally just sitting and eating. Occasionally, they would exchange a few words but nothing longer than 3 lines each.

"Hey hey what are you looking at?" ALexandra asked as she waved her hand in front of my eyes, blocking my vision of her.

"That girl." I said as my eyes never left her. She followed my eyes, which made all the other girls do the same. As soon as she figured out who I was looking at, she made a disgusted face.

"You can't be seriously looking at her right?" I could hear how disgusted she was.

"But I am" I responded calmly, even though I was a bit annoyed at her tone.

"Well you should stop. She and that dimwit is the school's outliners. They don't fit into any groups inside the school. Well at least the girl. The guy was once a part of a group until he decided to join her in their lonely world. There must be something seriously wrong with him. He has the looks and the brain but yet he wasn't smart enough to stay away from her."

"I don't think so. I think he's pretty brave."

"Being brave is stupid if there is no gain in it."

"But maybe whatever he saw in her is worth more than being liked and surrounded by friends." I whispered.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing important. Can you tell me their names?"

She gave me annoyed face and looked at one of her minions. "The girl is Raven and the guy is Jungkook."

I nodded. Raven.

I smiled."I like that name."

-Raven POV-

I kept my head down as I walked towards my locker. I tried my best to walk without being bumped but that always fail. The familar burning sensation runs through my body making the walk to my locker feel even longer than it really is. By the time I got to my locker, I had to lean against it for a few seconds to calm my breathing and then open my locker. As I finished packing the things I needed into my bed, I heard someone say "hey". I ignored it until I felt a poke at my cheek. I jumped back, covering my cheek with my hand feeling the familiar sense of fear build in me.

"Oh wait. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." He gave me a warm smile but yet it wasn't enough to ease the fear that had grown inside of me. "Nice to meet you. I'm Daehyun. Today is my first day and I hope to be friends."

He held out his hand to me.I stared at his hands. I looked up to see my hair blocking most of my view of him but yet I could still feel the warmth from his smile. I hated it. It reminded me of everything I don't have and what I do have.

I was going to tell him to not bother when out of nowhere Jungkook appeared in front of me.

He took Daehyun's waiting hand and shook it. As he used one hand to shake Daehyun's, his other hand found its way to mine and wrapped itself firmly around mine.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Jungkook and if you don't mind can you please leave her alone from now on? Thanks." I could see how shocked he was at Jungkook's words. I couldn't blame Jungkook. They were a bit mean but the words that would have came out of my mouth would have been the same too.

He turned his attention to me afterwards. "Are you ready to go?" I nodded and he smiled.

"Now if you don't need anything else, good bye." He said to Daehyun before walking away and I followed.

I kept my head down as I let Jungkook lead me out of the building. As soon as we walked a reasonable distance away from the school, I stopped.

"Is something wrong?" Jungkook asked as he looked me up down trying to figure out what could be wrong.

I shook my head and stared at me. "Smile."

He raised his eyebrow at me. "What?" He asked in a confused tone.

"Smile. I wanna see your smile."

He let out a laugh and smiled at me. "Is this good?" I stared at it for awhile before walking again.

"Why did you suddenly ask me that?" He asked as he caught up to me.

I shrugged. "I just wanted to see it." I could sense that he was still smiling.

I wonder why Jungkook's smile didn't have the same warmth as Daehyun's.

----------------------------------------------------

ta dah finally got to starting this new story. I have no promises to how often my updates will be since I'm getting so bad with updates with my other stories but I hope everyone who reads this will think it's ok. 

Ignore mistakes please. 

Comment and subscribe please pleaseeeeeeeee ~~

thanks for reading :D