Round One

미친: Psycho

“Sehun, what…?“ Tao choked on the words in his throat.

Finally summoning his power. Chen managed to shock Sehun off of him, making him release the hold he had on the air that should have been reaching Chen’s lungs. He gasped needily, Sehun yelled out at the shock and rolled upon making contact with the floor.

Other doors throughout the dorm began to open cautiously, distracting Tao as Sehun blew him across the common room as well. He hit the kitchen island back-first, the first sight Suho and D.O. saw as they tiptoed their way down the short hallway. The two immediately scurried first back into their own rooms, then upon meeting each others’ terrified gazes and nodding, hightailed it toward the room Baekhyun and Chanyeol shared with Tao.

“GUYS; wake up!” D.O. hissed as loudly as he could without fear for being heard by whatever it was in the common room that was wreaking havoc. He practically slapped Chanyeol awake, while Suho shook Baekhyun violently to the same end.

“Something’s out there.”

“Wha?” Baekhyun sounded. Chanyeol had sat up on his own, but was still, for all intents and purposes, asleep.

A thunder-like crash from outside was all it took for both boys to snap out of their drowsy stupors.

“What’s going on?” Baekhyun asked a bit more coherently.

“I… I don’t know, but something is out there, and we need to kill whatever it-“

“SE… HUN… WHY ARE YOU- GAH!” shrieked Chen.

“Sehun!?” Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Suho said in unison.

The two beagles were about to go running out when they were both grabbed by the collar by D.O.

“Don’t; we need to make a plan.”

“But-“

“’But’ nothing; even if it is Sehun, we need a plan.

The two relaxed after looking at one another, and D.O. released his vice grip on their shoulders and dove straight into musing. “We’re going to restrain him. If it’s the four of us, Baekhyun, you create a diversion, Chanyeol, you melt down some ball bearings I have in my room for me, and I’ll need you to cool them for me as well as protecting Sehun’s wrists from getting burned, Suho.”

“I’ll get Xiumin to supercool the water for me if he’s out there,” he replied with a nod.

“Sounds good. Chanyeol, let’s move.”

The still somewhat out-of-it boy followed the younger’s directive, and after D.O. checking to see that the target of the battle raging in the common room was preoccupied, they darted across the hall and into the other room. Chanyeol swore he saw D.O.’s eyes light up slightly as he grabbed the stone cup of ball bearings.

“It’s an aluminum alloy. Eight hundred degrees should do.”

“You’ve been waiting for this, haven’t you?” Chanyeol smirked. His eyebrows could be seen furrowing together where his bed hair was swept away from his forehead as he focused on heating the metal to the prescribed Celsius temperature.

D.O. bit his lip. “Perhaps a tiny bit…”

He stood back as the air around the cup became hotter and hotter, the metal inside glowing as it finally passed its melting point. Chanyeol swirled the molten cup to speed up the process. They listened anxiously at the fight outside continuing, what sounded like Xiumin alone making no headway against Sehun. No more sounds had come from any of the others.

D.O. attempted lifting the molten aluminum and was able to manipulate it to his contentment. The balls weren’t fully melted, but they would hold. As he held it, brilliant orange-white globules floating in midair, he nodded toward Chanyeol, who gave an unnecessarily complicated signal toward Baekhyun. The older’s nose crinkled in confusion, before Chanyeol, feeling D.O. glaring into him, simply waved for Baekhyun to go in.


Xiumin knew his frost powers would be of little use against Sehun's wind-type ones, but he also knew he could buy the others some time for whatever they were planning, and with the remaining four members out of commission, he didn’t exactly have a choice in the matter.

Sehun’s air drill goughed as hard as it could through a section of air Xiumin had frozen, but with Suho not around and Sehun’s power working against him, it was significantly less air than he’d thought, and he barely managed to dodge as the drill screamed through the air where his head had been less than a second ago. Whether he’d underestimated the amount of power Sehun had put into it or simply didn’t want to fathom it, he wasn’t sure, but by the time he registered the massive hole it was punching in the wall behind him before, the mach cone had already hit him.

His ears rang, his vision went dark and sparkly for a few seconds, and it took all of his power to keep the earlier bibimbap from coming back up. He moaned pitifully, looking up to see Sehun approaching for the kill.

Suddenly, a burst of light ripped through the air between Sehun and his prey.

“Hey, brat. I don't know what the hell is going on, but if you're thinking of laying another finger on anyone, you’re gonna have to go through me first.”

Upon seeing Baekhyun, Sehun’s laughter rolled up his spine, forcing him to cover his mouth to keep it down. “Really, the light-type who can't even produce lasers is threatening me? You can’t be serious.”

“We're dead serious,” Chanyeol proclaimed, standing square next to his friend.

“Now that’s a little more interesting…” Sehun said, at the smile that was toying at the corners of his mouth.

A few more brilliant bursts of light came at Sehun suddenly, and by the time he was able to blink them away, Chanyeol was already on top of him. The dropkick square to his chest almost brought him down hard, but a quick swirl of the air below him cushioned his fall at a safe speed. At the same time, he blew Chanyeol into the ceiling and rolled out of the way to avoid the 6’1” man from crushing him on the return trip paid for by gravity. Said man sent a circular burst of flame out sideways upon making contact with the floor as he landed with his right foot and the opposite knee on the ground. Pain rang through his left leg, but he didn’t have time to process it as Sehun, while crying out from the flames at him, tried to redirect the remaining heated air back at Chanyeol, a move he knew wouldn’t cause any damage, but at least distracted him for long enough for Sehun to get back to his feet.

Chanyeol managed to roll out of the way of a blast of air purposed for shoving him back off-stance while shooting another fireball at Sehun; the fact that he had to orient himself in three dimensions proved too difficult in the heat of the moment and he was off enough for Sehun to easily dodge. Before he could figure out again which way was up, Sehun had sent the same attack out again, and he was tossed against the bookshelves along the back wall. The smile returned to Sehun's face as he took the moment before he brought the shelf down on the slightly taller of the two to look at the disorientation on his face.

He knew from every villain movie he’d ever seen that that was a bad idea, but not being cocky in the moment was more difficult than it sounded. Naturally, it also ended like every villain movie he’d ever seen.

The molten aluminum was hardening around his arms and legs before he could move to get away from them. Where he thought he should feel searing heat, all there was was burning cold, and as his gaze followed the direction the cuffs had come from, all he saw was the same glowing orange-white substance flying at his face. It surrounded his cranium and mandible like a muzzle, and once again, all he could feel was the cold. As his eyes recovered from the bright light, he was suddenly flung hard against one of the empty walls of the room. He cringed and blinked once, finally able to see a confused but serious-looking Suho controlling the water, a still dazed Xiumin cooling it as much as he could, and an extremely pissed-off D.O., who was, well...

“TALK.”

“Kyungsoo, let’s help the others fi-“

“TALK!!!” Sehun was slammed against the wall, one of the concrete support walls of the building, violently.

“Kyungsoo, just stop for now.” Suho met D.O.’s rage-filled, murderous eyes with a calm but steely glare of his own. The shorter paused before slamming Sehun once more and going to check on the passed-out members of the group.

In the stillness of the common room, they realized that something was still stirring in the bedroom behind the wall, the one belonging to Lay, Chen, and Kai.

“, I think Lay’s having a seizure!” Baekhyun yelled.

The three not currently tied up in holding Sehun to the wall sat Xiumin down on the sofa (which was halfway across the room at this point,) and rushed in to see the state of their wildly convulsing bandmate.

“What do we do!?”

“Hold him down!”

“You don’t hold down someone having a seizure! Put him on his side!”

“Then what?!”

“I don’t know-“

D.O. could hear the bed springs stop creaking and he finally allowed himself to exhale. Looking around him, he tiptoed about the half-destroyed room to make sure he could see signs of life from all of the other members. Sehun struggled against his restraints. D.O. forced him against the wall even harder this time.

“Stay here with him, Baekhyun. Let’s see about the others,” Suho motioned toward the other guy in the room.

The two walked out of the room, looking at D.O. for any sort of update from the past 45 seconds. “They’re all alive,” D.O. said along with a breath. The others exhaled their relief as well. “Chanyeol, can you go in the drawer on the top right under my bed and find the rest of the ball bearings?”

“Yeah…” he said breathlessly. Although still a bit rattled from being thrown earlier, he trotted off to comply with D.O.’s request.

“Melt down about 20 or so of them for me, too!” he shouted after him. As much as he wanted to beat Sehun senseless, the testosterone was beginning to ebb, and his injured bandmates stirring about him was making him more eager to check on them.

Chanyeol brought back the bearings in the cup, already nearly melted. D.O. didn’t wait for the whole process to be finished. He brought Sehun down from the wall, dropping him roughly onto his abdomen and bringing the four restraints together behind his back. With the new metal he added onto the impromptu handcuffs and fused them together in a makeshift hog tie. Satisfied with his work, D.O. squatted down in front of the muzzled glare Sehun was wearing.

“You try anything, and I swear I will end you myself.”

His reply was a half-hearted attempt at a spat-up wind attack, but both of them knew why the muzzle was there. D.O. kicked the boy in the ribs and commanded Xiumin, who D.O. knew was shakily getting to his feet for the purpose of starting the cleanup, not to think of doing anything but sitting back down or going to bed, before making his own way to where Kai was stirring. He propped up his head and upper back and slid in behind him cross-legged, waiting for him to regain more of his consciousness.

“Jongin… Hey, Jongin, are you doing okay?” He brushed a few stray hairs out of Kai’s face.

Kai moaned in reply, eyes slowly blinking open to see who he could tell after a few more blinks was...

“D.O…”

He smiled and waved his fingers at the man whose head rested on his lap.

“Hi.”

“Where’s Sehun?”

“Hog tied and muzzled in the corner over there.” He jerked his head toward the man in question.

“Heh. Sasaengs have been trying to do that for years and the one who finally gets it is Do Kyungsoo,” Kai smiled weakly, eliciting another smile from D.O.

“Think you can stand up?”

“Mmm…” was the ambiguous response.

“Let’s try, okay? I’ll put you in my bed.”

“Mmm…”

Gently resting Kai’s head back on the ground, D.O. got up to a kneeling position where he could work his way to his feet while supporting Kai’s weight as well. The younger cooperated as much as he could, and the two were slowly able to make it to D.O.’s room, and Kai gratefully slid into his bed, practically falling asleep again the moment the covers were pulled over him. As the other man, head throbbing from his earlier rage, took a breath on the side of his bed, he absentmindedly pushed the stray hairs back out of sleeping one’s face.

“You’re lucky you can sleep…” he murmured.

After taking a few more moments to rest, he emerged along with Suho, who had just put Tao into his bed, making a moment of eye contact that was too tired to be awkward.

Suddenly, they heard the noise of contact, before something very heavy hit the floor.

They didn’t bother to exchange glances before rushing back out to the open area, but before they could even take in what had happened, they were blown off of their feet by a gush of air to the lower legs.

D.O. looked up just in time to look past Chanyeol’s unconscious form on the ground and see Sehun jump out of a window he shut behind him with another blast of air.

Dawn was beginning to break in the skies over Seoul, but as he ran up to the window and it open, it was still too dark to make out anything but the silhouettes of the night.