YunJae: A Quick History

YunJae: A Quick History

His head fell against Yunho's shoulder, a soft sigh escaping his pouty pink lips as his eyes fluttered closed. A smile of the most genuine kind spread over Yunho's face, he was happy, no, scratch that, he was alive. His very life sat next to him in the car using him as a pillow, steady breaths rising within his chest as a deep, very much needed sleep overtook him.

Yunho couldn't tell you about a time he was happier than when he met his boo, the connection between the two of them instant, shy glances and whispered politeness softly exchanged, nervous butterflies floating in both boys tummys.

As they became more acquainted with each other, their friendship quickly grew, soon they were inseparable much to the amusement of their trainee friends, making fun of their relationship, asking when they were getting married and laughing their asses off when Yunho or Jaejoong stuttered out a 'shut up' or 'whatever'.

The taunts and joking jibes became the norm and their replies became sarcastic, 'you jealous?' they would call out and walk away laughing arm in arm as the poor jokester became the of his own joke with the other boys.

When they were told they would be debuting with their close friends Youngwoon and Heechul as a four member boy band under the name Four Seasons, they were ecstatic, they would be getting to stay together. It would be the hardest thing either of them had to do if they were separated now, they were just too bonded.

Life felt right, everything in its place, the world moving at their pace, moving them closer to their dreams, closer to forever. For this was it for them, music was their life, there was nothing else either of them wanted to do. They were born to do this.

'Especially Jaejoong' Yunho thought to himself, he had never heard such a beautiful voice in his life, ever, as Jaejoongs was. To say Jaejoong had talent, was to say, 'yes, the boy can sing', but it was more than that to Yunho, his voice did things to him, made him feel things he wasn't so sure he should be feeling. His heart raced, warmth bubbling in his chest, his eyes becoming moist when Jaejoong soulfully sang a ballad in the practice room. His breathing became harder everytime he would catch Jaejoong looking at him in the wall mirror as he sang, ghost of a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

He had a feeling Jaejoong liked him as more than a friend, it became evident when Four Seasons fell through and Jaejoong thought he would have to go home and give up his dream, never to see Yunho again, he asked Yunho to go out for a drink with him, to get totally wasted actually.

As Jaejoong downed shot after shot of Soju, he slowly became more bleary eyed, balance off just a tad as the stories started to come forth, Jaejoong telling Yunho of all his struggles since he came to Seoul, his recent heartache he had to endure when the hyung he was living with at the time, became his boyfriend but ended their relationship at the thought of losing his shot at fame if people knew he was gay.

Yunho felt a tear run down his cheek as the memories of Jaejoongs pain etched across his beautiful hyungs face. He wasn't so surprised Jaejoong was gay, it didn't matter to him, he still loved him exactly the same. His feelings for Jaejoong had been getting stronger up til that night, he tried to push them away, telling himself 'he wasn't falling for him, it was just adoration for how truly breathtakingly stunning Jaejoong was', yeah right, who was he trying to kid, his heart thumped Jaejoongs name with every single beat and he knew it.

When he pulled Jaejoong into his embrace that night, he wasn't entirely stunned when he felt lips flush against his own, wasn't shocked when he felt his own tongue coming out to caress Jaejoongs lower lip, seeking permission for entrance which was granted to him without a second thought. He didn't know if it was the Soju that had made him so confident, confident enough to keep the kiss going, deepening with every passing second or if Jaejoongs confidence had rubbed off on him, one thing he was sure of though, he knew he wasn't doing this because he was drunk, he was doing it because he wanted it, needed it.

The next morning was hell for Yunho, Jaejoong pretended like he couldn't remember a damn thing, maybe he really couldn't but Yunho had his own nagging suspicion it was all a pretense. It was hard for him to be annoyed though, he knew what Jaejoong had been through lately so he wasn't willing to push the subject. If Jaejoong wanted him, he would let him come to him, he didn't want to scare him with rushed advances or confessions of love.

A short period of time passed, they were back to being best friends again, which Yunho was so happy about, if he couldn't have Jaejoong as a lover, fine, it would almost kill him but if Jaejoong offered only friendship, he would take it. He needed to be with him, in any form.

When DBSK was put together, they again found they would be in the same band, only this time, they didn't get too excited, didn't pin their hopes on it too much, after all, they had been let down in the past.

It felt like all the puzzle pieces had come together this time though, like this was their fate, all five of them. Like they were born to be in this band, born to be together, all of them.

When they debuted, Yunho breathed a sigh of relief, they had been well received, with him as the leader, he felt alot of pressure to make sure everyone did their best. Jaejoong had passed up the chance to take on the demanding role, saying he just knew Yunho would do a better job than he ever could, he didn't speak well in public situations, Yunho did, he was too honest, to the point of being too revealing about their private lives, Yunho knew how to reign himself he, so it was an obvious choice as far as Jaejoong was concerned.

Yunho felt warmth envelope him at Jaejoongs confidence in his leaderly abilities, he felt that familiar pang in his chest, he wasn't so sure just being friends with Jaejoong would work out too well for him for much longer.

He got so busy with leading Koreas biggest band, everything else in his life was put on hold, his feelings for Jaejoong took a back burner but never faded, only strengthened, grew with full force with each passing day.

The script for Dangerous Love landed in his open upended palms as their manager passed them out to all the members. He sighed, what now, something else to take them away from the music, on the other hand, it was surely something to distract him from his increasingly fiercer feelings for his hyung.

How wrong he was.

It was one of the hardest acts of his life, being so close to Jaejoong, having him pressed up against that fake phone box, feeling his hand covering his heart, breath whisping over his face, look of longing in Jaejoong's eyes, a look Yunho knew all too well. This wasn't acting for Jaejoong either.

Of course they had to pretend like it was grossing them out, making them queasy, hugging and being so close to another man like that, at least Yunho kept up the pretence, Jaejoong on the other hand, freely admitted that he was enjoying Yunho's touches, enjoying them a little too much, more than any man ever should. This had the staff in fits of laughter, thinking Jaejoong was only joking, believing they were just witnessing his quick witted humour they had all heard so much about.

Yunho knew better.

Every radio show or variety programme they were on after that, they got asked the same thing over and over

"What was it like filming Dangerous Love together, acting as lovers?"

A playful giggle in the interviewers voice. Yunho was quick to add, they weren't really lovers, Jaejoongs character thought Yunho was in love with him but in actuality, it was all over a broken camera. He laughed as he said it, glancing at Jaejoong as he did so, a flutter of sadness crossed his face before he plastered on a fake smile and nodded in agreement.

When Jaejoong was asked how it felt to have Yunho all over him like that, he would giggle, hide his blushing face in whatever garment covered his chest at that particular moment before he replied with full and frank honesty, that never failed to surprise Yunho.

He would tell the interviewer how good it felt to have Yunho hug him, at one point, he even said it felt right, which raised a few eyebrows, including Yunho's, he couldn't help but smile at how innocent Jaejoong appeared at those times.

It wasn't long after that particular DBSK drama that the two got together for real.

Jaejoong came home drunk and when Yunho tried to put him to bed, he started an argument, yelling about how Yunho didn't love him, didn't want him, how DBSK the band, the fame meant more to him than Jaejoong ever would before he slumped into a corner as tears streaked down his face. Yunho felt anger rise within him as he snapped Jaejoong's face up to his own, he began yelling at the crying figure on the floor that if he didn't love him, didn't want him, he wouldn't still be in DBSK, as much as he loved the band and all the members, they weren't his life, not like Jaejoong was, he was here for him more than anything else, he needed to protect him.

That night was the most memorable of Yunho's life, making love to Jaejoong was like coming home, finally, when he had been lost for so long. Like his soul had found its other half, his heart had been missing a piece but was now complete, he felt whole.

Since that night, they have faced many trials and tribulations, many, many hard times, both as DBSK and as Yunjae but they never gave up, even now with the court case and the separation lasting longer than anyone expected, as JYJ signed to a Japanese record label and for a split second Max and Yunho felt left behind but only for a fleeting second as they remembered they would forever be five, forever be DBSK.

He smiled as he the face of the angel asleep on his shoulder, nothing could separate them, ever.

As Jaejoong says to him everytime, before they hang up, yet another of their nightly phone calls

"Always Keep The Faith"

And he did, they all did, for it was all any of us ever have, too precious a thing to lose.