Joonmyeon, Aegi-yah?

Too Little Too Late

"I'm sorry, but we can't do anything anymore. Her cancer killed her. We suggested to her to take chemotherapy but she said no. The reason behind her refusal is very confidential, but if you really want to know, ask her brother." the doctor said.

 

"For now, I'll just call Mr. Byun to inform him that his sister had passed away. Thank you for bringing her here, even it's all too late."he continued and left.

 

Chanyeol was left alone with Baekmi's dead body. He did not know what to do.

 

He cried it out. 'She's.. d-d-dead. She's dead and I've never given a chance to correct my mistakes. I've never given a chance to treat her better.' is what his heart and mind cried out.

 

Before her brother came, he decided to leave. Yes, you may say he's a coward and it's true. He can't face her brother, he can't face the truth, what more if meeting him, knowing he's the reason why hid sister died.

 

Unfortunately, his own sister is coincidentally, a good friend of her brother. Baekmi's brother texted his Yura- noona spilling the bad news to her. Feeling bad about it, she decided to visit her wake dragging a protesting Chanyeol.

 

Silence hung through the car ride. But in Yura's mind, she wanted to nag him but on the other hand, she knew this is the only way for her brother to learn from his mistakes-to face them

 

After almost eternity of suffocating silence, they finally arrived at the Byun's mansion.

 

"Come on! Get your lazy up" Yura commanded him. 'This is for your own good baby brother. Trust me. in Yura's mind.

 

"Byungman-oppa, I'm sincerely sorry for your loss" Yura said, meeting Byungman halfway.

 

"I also brough Chanyeol with me, if you don't mind?" Yura continued and asked.

 

"Of course not, come in" he knew that Chanyeol is the one. He's the father of his nephew, no doubt about that. He's also the root cause of his sister's death.

 

The three of them were silent. None of them were talking. Well, that until Byungman asked Chanyeol to follow him.

 

He brought him to Baekmi's bedroom. There lies Joonmyeon sleeping peacefully despite the little noise the visitors were creating.

 

"Would you like to say hi to him" Byungman asked.

 

" Can I?

 

'Now is the time to drop the bomb'. Byungman thought. "Of course you can, he's you're son afterall"

 

Chanyeol gaped. He could not believe it! All this time he thought Baekmi left no piece of herself for Chanyeol to live for, he's mistaken. 'So this is the reason why she never went to school anymore, aside from her illness. And also the reason she didn't want to treat herself' Chanyeol thought.

 

Byungman wake him up from his reverie with a question he never wished to encounter all his life. " Now that you know about your son, what are you going to do? Are you going to leave him like you did with my sister?"

"No, I won't.  I promise to take care of him and love him. I will devote my life to him. I'm sorry for not being there when she needed me. I' m sorry for ruining her life. This may sound an excuse but I never knew anything happened. I tried looking for her . I even asked for my friend's help but in the end, she found me when it's all too late. I really really love her and our baby so please don't take him away from me. Please allow me to be with him or if not,, please let me see him." Chanyeol pleaded.

He thought about it for a while before saying "You can have him. Take care of him and I'll visit you once in a while to check up on the two of you. By the way, his name is Joonmyeon. And Baekmi always wanted him to have your last name." with that he left.

"Joonmyeon, my son. I love you so much. I'm sorry I'm not even there when both you and your mom needed me the most. I love you so much my son, I'll do whatever it takes to take good care of you. Baekmi, thank you for gving me a beautiful son. I know it's late already but I want you to know, I love you and I love our son. Please guide me along the way." Chanyeol prayed.

Sometimes the things that makes us happy is just right beside us. We're just to busy looking for impossible things.Don't be afraid to risk it all because when you backed down and cowardly left before the fight begins, you'll be the one to loose something or someone you prized so dearly. Just remember this one simple rule, RISK before it's all TOO LATE.


 

Fin