11 days till Christmas

12 days till Christmas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You closed the doors to your hotel room and without much thinking you threw yourself at the bed. You were so tired after the meeting that you were fighting against your sleepiness the entire way here. After couple of minutes of lying on the bed and trying to gain some energy to move, you struggled a bit with your skinny jeans and dragged you body to the bathroom to take a shower.

 

The feeling of hot water running down your body was so good, that you started to feel your muscles to relax. How long was it already that someone gave you a massage after long hours at work? Whatever the number was, it was way too long. Since you moved to London to persue your dreams of working in Warner Music , the only thing you were doing was working. You couldn’t even remember when you were just having fun. You thought that working in a music industry is going to be fun.... it was, to some point. But it was also very exhausting. Sometimes you were even thinking that it’s just too late for you to have fun. Having fun is just so childish. No responsibilities are waiting in the morning, so you dance and goof around all night. But… wasn’t it just the image that your family wanted you to have? When you were young you were so excited about winter. Every year you were waiting with anticipation for December. Everything is so magical during this one single month. Lights on the street, discounts, Santas and Christmas songs playing from every store and café. You had a feeling that you have to be happy during December. And you were. You really were. But then, one year your dad said that you should change yourself and change your attitude, which is too childish. He said you’re not a kid any more to play around. So you stopped. And to be honest…. You didn’t like that ‘adult’ life. You were always tired. You were pressured to get a boyfriend, to buy your own apartment, to be serious…

 

When your boss proposed to go to New York City to coordinate one of the project in the headquarter, you agreed without hesitation. Going home for Christmas? Hearing the same questions why you’re still single? No, thanks. But in New York, things were the same as in London. You were working, not 8, 12 hours but  even more. It was just a different city. But your problems stayed the same. And not even Christmas Songs could make you smile again.

 

You grabbed your towel and headed to the bedroom of your suit. You were sure that in the second you’ll put your head on the pillow, you’ll fall asleep.

 

You closed your eyes and smiled to yourself. Finally. A place you want to stay forever. Couple of minutes passed and you were enjoying staying at your dreamland, that you were always imagining before sleep. But then, between hugging your grandpa and eating your mom’s apple pie with a boyfriend (that tonight happen to have a face of a Justin Timberlake) by your side, you heard a quiet bang on the wall. You opened one eye to check what could be that noise, but everything seemed to be alright in the room. You covered yourself more with the sheet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter