Gerald 2

Because of You

 

Jeez, who the hell is she? She might be cute, but screw her. I’m not gonna let her got to me, there’s plenty of girls dying to get a piece of me. Girls love guys in bands, and my bike works with the ladies too. It’s a long class, even though she hides her face from me, it’s hard to resist not staring. Her jeans, and black t-shirt show off her body nicely. Even though she seems like she’s made of ice, she makes me want a little more. She pretty much runs out of the class as the warning bell rings, before I can even spoke to her.

I make my way out, still baffled by this new girl, Kim. Rayver, my bestfriend, and I head down the hall way. Rayver and I have been friends since kinder, and since we both share the love of music, we’re almost inseperable. He’s an amazing drummer for the age of seventeen, and I add nicely with the guitar. We formed a small band, and regularly rehearse in someone’s garage. “Dude, did you see the new chick?” I ask. “Yeah, why? Who is she?” “Her name is Kim, she’s kinda cute.” I say. “I didn’t get a good look, I’ll make sure to look next time though.” Rayver winks and laughs.

“What?” I ask. “Dude, you have like ten hotties chasing after you as it is, and these chicks are smoking hot, and you think she’s cute?” He emphasize the word cute. “Forget I mentioned her, never mind. See you later, I’m starving.”

As we head into the cafeteria two periods later, there has to be two hundred people carrying on, but she is there alone, sitting by herself. I can’t help but think how brave that is, I have never, and can’t even imagine what it feels like. She doesn’t seem to mind. She is easy to find, the way she dresses, her long black hair stands out amongst the room of fake blondes dye.

I find myself wanting to go over and sit with her, keep her company while she eats, but I don’t. I watch her from a distance, figuring she’d probably just tell me to leave her alone. As I focus on Kim, Sandra, my flavor of the month is groping me. I know Sandra notices me watching Kim, but I don’t care. Sandra is your typical seventeen year old girl, constantly trying to defy her parents, can’t get enough of me or a few other guys for that matter. She’s good in bed, but that’s it. There are no lights on upstairs, I was surprised she made it to senior year. She pulls my face to meet hers. “Why are you looking at the girl?” her eyes narrow. “What girl?” “The one over there, with the black hair, that’s who?” I shrug. “Just wondering who she is, I haven’t seen her before, that’s all. She’s in world history with me.” “Why?” She asks again.

I don’t want to answer anymore of her pain in the questions, I reach over, grab her and kiss her to shut her up. As I pull away from Sandra, still sitting there with her tongue practically hanging out, I notice Kim watching us. Then she makes a face, what looks like complete disgust, like I had just committed some mortal sin. She makes me more curious by the minute. I want… no, need to find out more.