Path

Stardust

Luhan mindlessly stirred his americano after football training today, his mind jumbled with many things.

What a life, he thought.

His parents were back to Vancouver soon after meeting with Juniel biological mother. Juniel told him the detail as soon as their parents gone and Sehun kept quite all the time. He could understand that, since it must be too difficult to the youngest in the family to take in.

‘Handsome guy is forbidden to drink coffee alone you know,’

Luhan looked up almost immediately only to find woman in her working clothes stared down at him with her signature smile. She pulled the chair across the table and sat down, studied the young man before her.

‘Penny for your thought?’

Luhan shook his head with his hand mindlessly kept stirring his Americano.

‘Juni already met her biological mother,’ Luhan stated.

‘So?’ she asked and before Luhan could reply, the waitress came over to take Sisi’s order. ‘Are you envying Juni since your parents helped her to find her biological parents?’

‘Perhaps,’ Luhan replied, unsure with himself.

‘Don’t you think your parents have their own reason for not telling you the truth?’

‘How many times do I have to tell you that I don’t need reason, I wanna know the truth. Why they ditched me, I don’t see it’s hard for them to tell me about this.’

The waitress came and served Sisi’s order and effectively shut Luhan from his rant.

‘Well,’ Sisi began once the waitress left after she muttered thank you to her. ‘I don’t really know the feeling being parents. Maybe you should talk to them?’

‘I already talked to Dad, and you know the result.’ Luhan reminded her.

Sisi sighed and leaned back to the back rest. She never expected that the life of her God father would be this complicated. And anyway, the only their biological kid was Sehun?

‘Is there anything I can do for you?’ Sisi offered some help since she did not know what to say.

Luhan shook his head. His Americano cold already, yet he did not drink it, all these while he only smindlessly stirred the liquid.

‘What about you say you’ll go to Prague?’ asked Sisi.

‘I’ll go the day after tomorrow, perhaps.’

‘Looking for Ethan?’ Luhan smiled a little; she has strong memory. ‘May I know who this Ethan guy is? You kept mentioning him whenever we talked about your identity.’

‘I didn’t mention him today, it was you,’ Luhan pointed out.

‘Oh come on,’ Sisi pouted.

‘Well, he’s someone’s important,’ Luhan bitterly smiled, ‘he’s my key to find who really I am,’

Sisi sighed, she knew, Luhan would not spill further.

‘Alright, it’s dark already. Will you go home?’ Sisi asked.

Luhan looked around throught the glasses walls, the night was already come. Agreed with the older’s offer, Luhan gathered his belonging and soon both of them left the café, left the already cold and untouched Americano. They shared a silent during their ride back home, Luhan was the one behind the wheel and focus on the road while Sisi staring outside the window, particularly at nothingness.

Only when Luhan stopped the car at the traffic light, Sisi caught familiar car, her eyes travelled fast scanning the area before Luhan moved his car again, and slight frowned formed before she leaned back to the head rest, closed her eyes. Good thing, Luhan did not suspect anything and perhaps he thought Sisi was simply tired when he took glance of her resting figure.

***

Juniel looked up to the man who held up a can of ginger beer and took it. Hyunjin smiled as he opened his own can and sat down next to her.

‘Care to share your thought with me?’ he asked as he sipped his ginger beer every now and then.

Juniel heaved a deep sigh before broke the ice.

‘I met my biological mother,’

‘You what?’ Hyunjin shockingly asked—he almost spilled his drink.

‘Don’t you know that I’m an adopted child?’

‘You’re kidding,’

‘You just don’t believe me,’ Juniel shook her head.

Hyunjin stared at the Juniel’s side figure for sometimes and tried to digest the information she just shared.

‘I and Lu Ge are adopted,’ Juniel told; she mindlessly played with her can.

‘Luhan?’ as the news of Juniel being adopted had not registered inside his brain yet, Juniel had to reveal yet another shocking news.

‘Yes, I and he were adopted.’

‘Wow, I never knew this,’ Hhyunjin shook his head in disbelief. ‘So, among you three, it was only Sehun?’

Juniel nodded.

‘Then what about this biological parent thing came up after so many years?’

‘Actually Mum and Dad looking for them ever since and it just several months ago, Dad found my biological father which led him to find my biological mother too.’

‘And?’

‘And I met her,’ Juniel smiled.

‘Her? Only your mother? What about your father?’ Hyunjin curiously asked.

‘So long story short. Basically, he tricked my biological mother to get back to Korea, well, she’s Korean and he’s Canadian. A month after gave birth to me, there a news back in her home country that she needed to come back urgently. So she did. She left me with my biological father since the doctor did not give her a go to have me for long flight. I did know it the doctor was also his minion but we’re supposed so. And that how the scam worked. There was nothing in Korea, her parents were fine and when she came back to Canada, I was already nowhere. And couple of weeks later, Mum and Dad took me to their household.’

‘Oh my, I’m sorry.’ Hyunjin raised his arm and rounded around Juniel’s shoulder.

‘It’s okay Oppa, I already expect the worst though.’

‘And this is not?’

Juniel shook her head.

‘I can understand my father’s action. However, who’s gonna trade their weath with one poor and migrant worker? I bet none. So yeah,’

‘I don’t know what to say,’ Hyunjin commented. Juniel chuckled upon hearing the comment. ‘So, how’s there going now, I mean after you met your biological mother?’

‘I don’t know. She’s married with Korean businessman right now and I do have 2 half sibling,’ Juniel explained.

‘Did she ask you to live with her or something?’

‘Yeah,’ Juniel leaned back to the bench back rest, effectively freed herself from Hyunjin shoulder-hug. ‘She told me so but I don’t think so,’

‘Why?’ Hyunjin questioned.

‘Well, I don’t think I can leave Lu Ge and Sehun behind just like that. However I grew up with them and eventhough she was my biological mother, frankly, she felt like stranger to me. Maybe I’ll just visit her once in a time?’

Hyunjin nodded, Juniel had point, even he himself, he would not know what he should do if he was in her shoes.

‘I’m sorry, I don’t know what you feeling.’ Hyunjin reached out to squezzed her hand gently.

‘I told you it’s okay Oppa. You listen to my story like this is more than enough you know?’

Hyunjin chuckled and brought the girl into his embrace.

‘I never imagine that you’ve been through such thing. Thank you for trusting me. It’s getting late, lets get you home,’ Hyunjin stood up and stretched out his hand for Juniel to take which she did. And just like that, both of them left the park hand in hand.

The night did not feel so cold anymore.

 

Thanks yo my subbscribers yolandakim, tze_tze, vivivivr, pinKPOPcorn, riotanitnot, Jacy_Ahio, philippines, creamycupcake I hope you enjoy the story ^^