Eighth

Their Little One

With the revelation of learning about the multi-personalities dwelling within the YG boys, Lee Hi had much food for thought. What if it was just mindless gossip? Or she had the wrong group in mind?

 

For all she knew, there was a helpful group of boys in her school that used a delinquent persona. Though, she just couldn’t believe the thought that they would even have a good bone in their entire bodies.

 

By this point, the women who had dropped the bombshell had already switched topics with a drop of a hat, looking fully immersed into the conversation as they discussed the current fashion trends at that time—something that Lee Hi did not have much knowledge of, since it changed so swiftly that she could not even bother to try to keep up.

 

Jackson, on the other hand, was listening to their voices with the avid attention of a keen student as if he didn’t want to miss a thing. The dark haired male nodded and smiled at all the right intervals and even went as far as adding his own two cent into the converstation as he refilled their cups of tea, causing the women to shoot him looks of evident approval. 

 

The auburn haired girl could not help but feel lost, like she didn’t really belong in this scenario, in contrast to Jackson who looked as if he was right where he belonged. Though, she couldn’t deny it, there was something natural about the way he interacted with the women, Lee Hi didn’t feel any insincerity but instead genuine interest.

 

Looks like he’s some super rookie or something. Just by simply observing his actions, it made her question whether what he had told her before—what she presumed was in confidence—was even remotely true. If he possessed such good people skills, why would he tell her that the only tasks he could be trusted with was table arranging and taking care of the refreshments?

 

Have I been taken for a fool? She shook her head, placing the palm of her hand against her face. Was this all just a game to get me into this club? Or even a bet with the rest of his co-workers?   

 

She wasn’t oblivious to their presence either. Even if they donned masks and a disguise to hide their looks, it would be most likely that they would still pry attention to themselves. From the corner of her eye, she could see them loitering on the other side of the room, only giving half their attention whilst attending to their adoring guests as they subtly tried to sneak peeks on what she could only imagine was Jackson’s potential.

 

“Well, ladies, I have greatly enjoyed basking in your company but I can see it is nearly time to clear up.” Lee Hi glanced at her watch and nearly took a double take, she did not even realize how long she had stayed in this place and the gruelling thought of finishing up a few half-done pieces of work was enough to cause a frown to crease her face. What an exciting life I must lead: wake up to this crazy world, survive through the school day then go back home to do more school work before going to sleep.

 

For the duration of her stay, she didn't even feel her mobile go off at all. Lee Hi inwardly frowned at this, the worry lines remained on her forehead. But it wasn't really something to be overly concerned about, Suhyun had her own life to think about, she didn't have an obligation to pester her all the time.

 

There was a moment when a chorus of disappointed voices broke out, mostly from the younger girls of the group while the trio who were seated near Lee Hi were silently grabbing their belongings together before bidding their goodbyes.

 

“It was a pleasure to meet you, we hope to see more of you, Mr?” They shot an expectant look over towards the dark haired male. The one speaking rose an eyebrow at him, trying to play it cool yet gave off the impression that a smile threatened to break out at any moment. As if he had such a compelling presence.

 

“Wang, Jackson Wang.” The statement was quickly followed by a boyish grin as he bowed his head when they were leaving, the women followed his actions with beaming smiles. Lee Hi did not even bother hiding rolling her eyes as she followed their actions, grabbing her bag from under the table. So, it really was just all an act.

 

“Hey, where are you going? I was going to properly introduce you to my friends.”

 

“I’ve been here long enough to make my own judgements, like you said. I have to go home now, it’s getting late.” Rather than grabbing her arm, he moved around her so he blocked her way. But she wasn’t looking at him, the growing feeling of annoyance was becoming too much to handle. 

 

“What’s the matter? Have I done something that offended you?” She didn’t even bother giving that question a second thought as she gritted her teeth together and feigned to move left until she quickly changed route and ducked under his right arm, heading straight for the door.

 

“My, my. What has our rookie done to upset our special guest?” The auburn haired girl nearly swore out loud when yet another decided to step in her way. She could feel the extent of her patience being tested.

 

“Well, that’s exactly what I was trying to find out but it looks like she doesn’t want to talk to me.” That was all Jackson had said in reply, it wasn’t hard to imagine him with his arms up into the air in exasperation.

 

“Perhaps it was because you ignored her presence in favour of tending the group of women?” A tall male made sure to point out what his own take  on the events, folding his arms over his chest. No. I couldn’t care less if he didn’t talk to me at all. It’s just he’s a compulsive liar. Lee Hi inwardly thought to herself.

 

“I didn’t want to force her into the conversation, if she wanted to add anything, there was nothing to stop her from doing so. Besides, I thought one of you would have relived me from my duties so I could continue on with the tour.” The dark haired male retorted. Part of the puzzle was clicking into place. Or could it be that he wanted to skive off work by using the excuse of giving me a damn tour?

 

“Drop the act, it’s annoyingly patronizing.” Was what she said before any of them decided to intervene into the conversation. “I don’t know what your game is, but it’s cheap. You told me some things before and I’m beginning to question your honesty. I don’t waste my time with people I don’t trust.”

 

“Whatever Jackson told you, it wasn’t a lie.”
 

“And you would swear by that, would you?” Lee Hi raised an eyebrow as she folded her arms over her chest.

 

“He’s a rookie for a reason, before he came here today with you he had little to no confidence when it came to serving and talking with the clients. It came to a point where we could only give him minimal tasks to complete, only because we didn’t think he had the competence to do what he did today, as you witnessed yourself.” The sliver haired male possessed such a sincere look at that moment that it did make her question her own convictions. 

 

She remained silent as they spoke what they must have felt they needed to say, then broke her silence. “What’s so special with today? If you were able to socialise with those women earlier, what stopped you from doing so before?”

 

Jackson shot her a small smile, averting his gaze to the floor for a moment before it slowly raised back up to meet hers, as he sheepishly scratched the nape of his neck. “You didn’t tell me to get lost, which I was expecting you to do but instead you gave me a chance. That’s all I ever wanted. That kind of boost of self-belief.” That I am good enough. It was unspoken, yet Lee Hi herself found herself mentally adding those words in, that very familiar sentence.

 

So, if that’s all done and dusted. How about some dinner? My treat?” The sliver haired male broke out into a grin with the rest of the group letting out a chorus of cheers, thus shattering the formerly tense atmosphere.

 

“You better keep your word this time, I’m not going to be dumped with the bill.” The tall, red haired male of the group grumbled, mostly to himself it seemed, as he walked towards the door.

 

“You’re coming, right Lee Hi-ssi?” Jackson seemed hopeful as he pressed his hands together, a pout settled on his lips.

 

“I wouldn’t be surprised if you frightened her off instead with that face! You sounded like such a creep, hyung!”

 

“Ah, I’m afraid that I’m busy tonight. Rain check?” She offered the empty alterative, she had already seen enough and didn’t want to continue getting involved with people who would only cause unnecessary trouble. The petite girl lifted her shoulders in a shrug as she followed the rest out of the building, blissfully unaware of the exchange of looks that went on behind her.  

 

“That’s a shame, we were terribly worried that your perception of us was tainted. If so, we were hoping you would give us a chance to change those views.” The same black haired male who had unwelcomingly referred to her as a baby sheep, called out towards her retreating figure.

 

“No need for you to do anything, there are plenty other clients who would be more appreciative if you placed your attentive eye on them.” She rolled her eyes to herself, then a thought flashed through her mind as she turned around.

 

“Or better yet, rather than flourish around sugar coated gestures and speeches, maybe you should take into consideration that it’s not possible to get everyone wrapped around your finger. I’m not your client so don’t try to do so with me.” With that, she shot Jinyoung a deadpan look before she spun on her heel and continued walking as if she did not stop in the first place.

 

Meanwhile, Jackson couldn’t help but let out a snicker behind his hand, having already expected such a reaction from the young girl.

 

“Looks like your opinion of your self-proclaimed charm is being tested to its limits, Jinyoungie.”

 

 

 

 

“Aish, I never thought I was ever going to get away.” Lee Hi mumbled to herself as she let herself into her apartment complex, shuffling her feet along the grey carpet she checked through her post-box for any mail. The petite girl rummaged through the spam leaflets advertising varied food takeout places until she managed to find a few bills.

 

But before she went to close the locket door, she spotted a single manila envelope hidden beneath all the junk mail. Before she knew it, she felt a frown creep onto her face as she slowly took it out and released a sigh, then went about her business as if she didn’t stop to contemplate her actions.

 

From that point onwards until she reached her apartment, she felt as if she was on autopilot. Although she was moving in the right direction and her gaze remained steady right in front of her, there was no real focus within the depths of her brown eyes.

 

How foolish of me to forget such a commitment. The auburn haired girl let out a draining sigh. Somehow, she managed to muster up the energy she had left in her entire body to push the door open once she turned her key. She made an immediate beeline for the kitchen, feeling a sudden urge for a calming cup of camomile tea, wanting anything that could help calm her nerves.

 

Lee Hi placed the set of parasites that took on the form of bills onto the counter top with a scowl. She wandered around the small kitchen while waiting for the kettle to boil, unable to keep still. She relished in the silence of the apartment as much as she could in the attempt to delay the inevitable.

 

Just treat them all like a band aid, it’s easier to rip it off and feel a brief flash of pain rather than drag out the pain longer than necessary. That was the dominant thought circulating around in her head once she found herself settled in her chair, her steaming cup of tea on the right side of her with a plate of biscuits and what seemed like the bane of her life on the left side. Alright, let’s get this over with.

 

And in a matter of minutes, after ripping through the bills, she was left in a state of turmoil. Living in this apartment is literally bleeding me dry.

 

She wasn’t sure whether her current emotion state could handle opening the manila envelope, the one she tried to throw to the back of her mind. Though, she knew it was only a matter of time before the thought came back to haunt her. Slowly, she pried it open and braced herself, until her eyes were looking at the white piece of paper from the top to bottom.

 

“…This can’t be right.” She whispered, her brown eyes widened quickly as she re-read the letter again and again until the frustration and confusion came to a blow. “H-How…this is too much.” The auburn haired girl was unable to form simple sentences as they came out broken like unconnected dots.

 

Almost as if fate was trying to taunt her, the silence was instantly broken by the pounding sound of music from the room upstairs. The woman who formerly occupied the room above, Mrs. Kim, who made a living out of cooking the most delicious roasted sweet potatoes and never failed to give her part of the portion had moved out a while ago. Much to her own dismay of course.

 

Which left the apartment vacant for a few weeks before it was promptly snatched up, by who, Lee Hi wasn’t entirely sure since she had never had the pleasure of meeting such a noisy neighbour. She had lost catch on the amount of times that she wished for Mrs. Kim to change her mind and return back.

 

She shook her head in disbelief, no longer feeling the same patience she tried to regain whenever this happened. Enough was enough. If she wasn’t going to say anything, there was no doubt in her mind that if she didn’t put her foot down now, she would most likely live to regret it, especially if future events were to take a turn for the worse.

 

“Really? Of all the times that idiot decided to crank his stereo up all the way? Well, if you are just going to ignore the notes I push under your door, I’m going to go up and make you turn it down.” Pushing her chair back, she grabbed her keys as she walked out of her apartment and towards the stairs, already trying to put together what she was planning to say when she let rip to whoever the rude and annoying neighbour was.

 

After locating the room—though that feat wasn’t the most difficult to complete, especially when it was the only room with music being blared through the walls. She undertook a couple of well needed breathing exercises in an effort to calm herself. Once she was a fraction calmer, she lifted up a clenched hand to knock firmly. No response was gained, thus prompting her to try again, and again and again.

 

Until she reached a point where she had an inkling that either this idiot was deaf or being blatantly ignorant of her attempts to gain his or her's attention. Though, at this stage she really couldn’t give a damn whatever their gender was.

 

Yah, whoever you are in there, I’ve tried on a number of occasions to politely ask you to turn your music down, but you’re obviously being an asswipe and ignoring me. If you will continue to keep the music at such an unnecessary level, I’ll contact the landlord and make a complaint.” After a few failed attempts of knocking in order to get the occupier’s attention, she was forced to raise her voice over the music.

 

Though, even as she waited for some kind of response, the booming sounds of the music remained the same. Lee Hi felt the anger pulsating through her as she pivoted on her heels, intent on going straight to get her phone to make a call to the landlord. She was approaching the corner leading towards the stairs, the noise instantly ceased as the sound of the door unlocking replaced it.

 

“—Aish, there’s so much crap lying around just waiting for me to trip up.” That voice. She knew it, there was no mistaking that. There was only one primal instinct within her and it was screaming for her to get away as quickly as she could before she was seen.

 

“No way, is that you little one? Do you live in this apartment too?” However, it seemed that fate was most certainly against her as the towel cladded male waved at her with his trademark grin. Evidently he had just got out of the shower judging by the water droplets falling from his hair and not giving a single care in the world that he was openly displaying the fact that he was half , in the hallway for anyone walking pass to see.

 

Lee Hi didn't look back as she merely continued to follow the action what she was doing in the first place as she bolted down the stairs in desperation of getting to her apartment. For the time being, he didn’t know which apartment was hers, but she had a nagging thought at the back of her mind that there would be no reason for him to not find out this information, one way or another. 

 

This wasn’t happening. That was the main thought that circulating through her mind as this new development consumed her thoughts like a virus.

 

Lee Hi practically flew through the doors leading towards the stairs, not wasting any vital moments to make her escape. Her home was her own place of sanctuary where she could carelessly throw away her troubles even if it was a small part of her day. It gave her the relief that she could not find anywhere else and so desperately craved at times.

 

Perhaps she was just being overly paranoid. From the looks of things, he had just come out of the shower, with an overwhelming sense of nonchalance in regards to his attire—or lack of in this case. She tried to reason logically with herself that he wasn’t prioritising running after her upon hearing only the hurried and somewhat frantic sound of her own footsteps as she landed on the bottom of the stairs and her apartment was within reach. The auburn haired girl skimmed through the corners until she reached the end of the hallway where her door was, it was only when she let out a long and haggard exhale that she realised how long she had been holding her own breath.

 

No matter how many times she tried to erase the image she had just witness merely moments ago, it wasn’t going away. Neither was the fact that just when she thought that she didn’t have to worry about running into incessantly annoying boys who evidently didn’t have anything better to do than bully their way to get what they want, it turned out that she was once again unable to enjoy the leisure of being in her own home without being hounded relentlessly. Or at least, for a short time anyway, it was ultimately up to him whether he will spill the beans on the knowledge of being her neighbour.

 

And she wasn’t going to bet anything on him keeping his silence. 

 

 

 

 

For the first time since she could remember, Lee Hi found herself tossing and turning without even a blink of sleep. She kept imaging over and over in her mind that he would suddenly turn up from the blue—or in this case, his apartment from upstairs, the room that was just above hers, she thought with distain—and whisk her life further into the depths of the sinking sand where she was already stomach deep.

 

Or perhaps, due to being sleep deprived, she was just being ridiculous.

 

It was only when the sunrise broke through the darkness coated sky, all wrapped up with her duvet, her eyes glued to her front door in anticipation, that she came to the conclusion that she was over-thinking things too much. It evidently wasn’t doing her any favours.

 

And that fact that she had to be up, dressed and out of her apartment in just under fifteen minutes to get to the bus stop wasn’t the best news to remember in the morning. Sluggishly, she drew the covers off her as she got ready at a slow pace, her eyelids were falling every so often as yawns escaped . The temptation to skip today’s classes and by just taking a single longing glance towards her bed, she felt her resolve slipping.

 

But then, if she was to choose her bed over school, then wouldn’t that give him a ‘legitimate’ justifiable reason to go over to her apartment to check up on her. Regardless if he was with or without his friends lingering around in her apartment building.

 

Now that was a good enough of a reason for her to pick up the pace. Once she was all dressed she slung her bag over her shoulders, took a sweeping glance out of her mirror to add in a single red ribbon clip to keep her bangs in place and nibbled on a piece of a cereal bar and finally left her apartment. Once she made sure to secure her apartment door, for a refreshing change, she didn’t feel the overused sense of paranoia infesting within her as she exited the building block.

 

It was a known fact that the YG boys were infamous for being late for their classes, it was nearly impossible not to be aware of this when the students would exchange hushed words of confirmation of their arrival, as if they were prized princes that should be treated as such.

 

Lee Hi couldn’t suppress the urge to snort at such an absurd statement.

 

She lifted up a hand in an attempt to rub the sleep out of her eyes, thus blinding her for a split second as the moments seemed to turn in slow motion. The next thing she knew, she was clutching onto her reddened forehead which had already suffered enough pain as she glared at the pole which was the culprit of her sudden flash of pain. In her half-awake state, she was unable to filter out her thought to speaking processes as a stream of profanities leaked out of as she grimaced. This was clearly being a habit that she was not fond of in the slightest.

 

“Such colourful language this morning, unnie.”

 

Lee Hi wasn’t in the correct state of mind to fully comprehend what exactly was going on, she idly wondered if the knock on the head was enough for her to hallucinate a young girl with pig tails, who was currently pointing an accusing finger at her with accompanying wide eyes of disapproval. Where did this girl come from? And why was she by herself?

 

It’s too early for this. She didn’t know how to respond, especially when she wasn’t really sure whether she just imagined the little girl up. Wow, I’m questioning my mental stability at this point if I’m actually seeing non-existent girls.

 

“I’m sorry if I startled you, unnie.” The little girl ducked her head into the warmth of her woolly scarf, averting her eyes towards the taller girl before they returned back to the ground. Lee Hi inwardly wondered whether she was going to catch a break today, especially with this happening so early on, it didn’t leave her feeling hopeful that’s for sure.
 

Oh. She paused in her musings. Maybe she is real after all.

 

“That’s okay, be careful who you talk to next time. You might not be so lucky,” Lee Hi managed a small smile before she cleared to clear the uncomfortable air. “Now, if you would excuse me I’ll be going first.” She finally made a jab at a response before moving off towards the direction of the bus stop. But that didn’t seem like an adequate answer to the girl as she merely followed behind her, much to her own mild annoyance.

 

“I know that I’m bothering you, but you seem like a nice person.” She paused, her face flustered not knowing what to do with her hands as she fidgeted under the older girl’s gaze. “I may come across as naïve but I didn’t know who else to talk to.”

 

Lee Hi scratched the nape of her neck, her conscience was being tested by those big brown eyes. But she had to remind herself that this girl wasn’t her responsibility. “I’m sorry, but I really don’t have the time to stay and chat.”

 

“I promise that I will not take off much of your time, I don’t have a phone on me and I’m sure my brother is worrying out of his mind looking for me.” Nonetheless, she continued to persist with her request.

 

At this stage, the auburn haired girl couldn’t help but feel conflicted. What if this girl was just pretending to be sweet and innocent? What if the moment that she gave her mobile to this girl, instead of using it for its intended purpose, she would run in the opposite direction?  

 

Given that she had little to no sleep, Lee Hi was far from being sympathetic. Even if this girl was genuine, she wasn’t willing to take such a risk of trusting her.

 

“I’m sorry.” She continued to stress out, knowing full well that if she were to continue to humour this girl the conversation would just continue to go around and around in circles. The teenager made to continue walking towards the bus stop, willing herself to keep her gaze focused on its intended path so she wouldn’t stray away from it.

 

“That’s what everyone else said too. But like the rest of them, you aren’t sorry.” Lee Hi tried to disregard the words being thrown in her direction, like metaphorical knifes being carved into her back with every word. “I’m not the wealthiest looking, with designer handbags and top of the range clothes, but let me ask you a question. Do I come across to you as a lowlife thief?” It was true that the girl looked on the shabby side, her shoulder length black hair was choppy, her overall dress sense contained rips and holes and her backpack seemed like it had seen much better days.

 

“Listen, everyone’s got their own problems. And sometimes, even when you try to ask for help, you’ll find that you don’t get it. That’s just life.” Lee Hi replied monotonously, like a broken record, it was after all a phrase she knew far too well.

 

“If you were in my position, wouldn’t you want at least one person to turn around and give you the time of day instead of being ignored as if you were just merely trash?” For a young girl, she expressed such mature opinions.

 

Lee Hi inhaled deeply. “I’ve learnt to deal with doing things by myself, it’s not easy. Heck, it’s far from being easy.” She turned around, her eyes hardening with each word. “It doesn’t get easier either, but if you continue to see life in that way you aren’t going to get far. For some people, life is just a bed of roses and for others it’s like living in a constant thunderstorm. It’s not fair but that’s how things are, it’s just the way you deal with it, that’s what matters.” It was clear that she was getting too caught up in this, so she quickly finished the sentence.

 

“But hey, I’m not trying to give you advice, since I’m probably not in your good books right now so you must think that I’m patronising you right now. So, just take my words however way you want it.”

 

“…I appreciate your time. If you still don’t trust me then I can understand that.” Seeing that the older girl was beginning to walk in the opposite direction, she raised her voice so that she would still be heard. “I noticed that the school badge is the same one on my brother’s uniform, I was wondering if you could pass on a message for me.”

 

That’s not just an absurd request. She pondered briefly in her mind. Though, it might be quicker for her at least to pick out her brother herself, then I wouldn’t have to speak to the brother in question and then everyone would be happy.

                                                                              

“If you want, you can come along too, the bus should be arriving soon. Tell me your brother’s number, I’ll text him so that he can just meet us at the school. That should save him from worrying, yeah?” She offered her the choice, to which the younger girl seemed to brighten up as she nodded her head shyly. Lee Hi rummaged through her bag until her hand could feel the outline of her phone, she dragged it out and asked the girl to type in the number before her fingers swiftly moved over the screen to compose the message when she pressed send then slipped the device into the inside pocket of her blazer.

 

“All done, let’s get going, shall we?” Just as she uttered the sentence, the green bus came swinging around the corner, the younger girl seemed to notice as well as she walked beside her to interlink her arm into the auburn haired girl’s arm with a smile as she speed walked towards the bus stop dragging her along in the process.

 

“I knew you were a good person deep down when I saw you, unnie.”

 

Ah, it’s too early for you to be saying such things. Nevertheless, a light blush dusted Lee Hi’s cheeks at the unexpected compliment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It would have been an understatement to say that Hanbin was on the verge of ripping his hair out.

 

He had lost count on the number of occasions he had run around the block, trying to gauge anything that resembled his little—troublemaker—sister. The snapback clad male automatically put his mind on overdrive on autopilot, he tried to calm his haggard breaths as he scouted around every nook and cranny, not caring at all at the strange looks he received.

 

If anyone had so much as laid a finger on her, he wouldn’t even give them the chance to catch their very last breath.

 

He cursed himself as he dragged his hand down his face, leaving behind a deep scowl etched on his lips. It was his mistake to leave her, even if it was for just a few minutes, he should have known better that she would end up wandering off somewhere. It was just in her nature, no sense of caution whatsoever.

 

Hanbin guessed that he must have gave off the impression of being a mad man or even someone who looked like they were on crack, especially with the crazed glint in his eyes and the hurried pace at which he spoke at. And every time, the answer was always the same.

 

The shaking of their heads, with slightly sympathetic looks on their faces—not to mention a few scathing from a few mothers and confused expressions from their children—was nearly enough to crumble him.

 

Suddenly he was overcome with the urge to kneel down, with his own head bowed so low it touched the pavement as he prayed for anything information that would lead him to his sister. The dark haired male felt the desperation pulsate in his veins to the extent which he didn’t care if he looked stupid, he didn’t give a damn about his pride as he was already down on his knees as he was more than willing to do anything for his sister to suddenly appear before him.

 

I would spare the life of whoever brought her back, heck, I would be so happy that I’d probably be nice to that person for as long as I live.

 

Then, at that moment, approximately ten seconds later, he felt another weight suddenly pile on top of him. And that’s when he was filled with hope.

 

“Hey man! What’s so interesting on the ground, huh?” And that hope instantly plummeted towards the depths of hell, the same exact place where the bastard who had decided to jump him was soon heading. Hanbin groaned at the pressure as he leaned his forehead against the ground, not in any mood to move.

 

“Ah, talkative as always, Hanbinnie!” It was clear that the individual either had a death wish, or he was already accustomed to his friend’s behaviour. “Sorry about being late, I was looking everywhere for you earlier. You weren’t answering your phone—by the way, where’s sweet little Hanbyul-ah?”

 

Hanbin shoved the extra weight off him as he checked his phone, filtering through all of Bobby’s missed calls and needy messages, he nearly overlooked one message in particular. Overhead the text, the only thing that was being shown in the sender’s name was ‘Unknown’, usually he tended to ignore these messages, but just as he skimmed through he could feel the shreds of hope returning back with vengeance.

 


From: Unknown Number

To: Brother of Lost Girl

 

Hi, you don’t know me but I found your sister…or she found me in this case, I guess.

We’re on our way to school now, I’ll show her to the main office since its cold out this morning so you can meet her there.


 

And that was all the message entailed, but this sufficed in reliving him of all the weight being placed upon his shoulders. Whoever this person was, they were literally a lifesaver. Bobby, who had crawled back over, had been staring over his friend’s shoulder to read the message. He rolled his eyes as he swatted Hanbin over the head.

 

“Aish, what kind of a brother are you? You’re lucky that she didn’t wander off into the hands of some sicko ert!” He chastised him with a click of his tongue, but then he suddenly grinned. “What if this person’s a boy, he might be interested in your sister, you know?”

 

“You’re just speculating now.” Though, the mere idea itself was enough to cloud his contented mind.

 

“For a young hot blooded male, like myself, life would just be too boring not to speculate over such delicate matters.” He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. Hanbin took the time to contemplate how he ever became friends with this guy in the first place. “Come on, I’ll make it up to you by splitting the taxi. It’ll take us forever to walk and we’ll still be late if we waited for the next bus to arrive.”

 

With that, the snapback clad male returned the grin, as he spotted an oncoming taxi in the distance and whistled it over. “Include lunch and you’ve got yourself a deal.”

 

////// author note

 

Long chapter to make up for absence :) This was meant to be separated into two chapters, but I thought why not treat you guys :) 

Take care~~