Seventh

Their Little One

 

 

 

Standing outside of The Gentleman’s Club, wasn’t something that Lee Hi was planning on doing.

 

But, as she glanced upwards at the building in unconcealed distain and with the male standing before her with his arms spread out on both of his sides with a huge grin plastered across his face, it was becoming clearer that she would be going against that statement. It was times like this that made her question her own sanity.

 

“And this is the door will lead you to a place where you can freely relax and enjoy yourself to your heart's content.” For what it seemed like the umpteenth time that day she shot him a deadpan look, not looking convinced in the slightest.

 

“Well, I can tell you that you’re selling this place short. I can relax in the comfort of my own apartment.” The urge to turn around and walk away was quickly becoming too tempting to resist, however her statement didn’t seem to wipe off his grin as he went to open the door, sweeping a hand inside motioning for her to go first. 

 

“I think it would be better for you to make your own judgements for yourself, you’re certainly old enough to do that.”

 

The interior design of the hallway was quite simplistic, much to her own slight surprise—the sudden thought of portraits lining the walls of the host club didn’t seem like such an outrageous idea, especially when she could assume that they possessed such egos to own such items in question. The flooring consisted of glossy wooden boards with a velvet red rug taking place in the centre. The walls were painted with colours ranging from forest green to sapphire blue, giving some life to the otherwise plain room. Aside from a few side tables with varied vases of flowers sitting prettily, it was quite bare.

 

She didn’t even have to guess that an unimpressive look flew across her face, the auburn haired girl was literally about to turn around when she felt herself being dragged forward against her will. The male, on the other hand, either wasn’t fazed by her lack of enthusiasm or he simply ignored it as he continued to chatter on and on as if he was taking on the role of a tour guide.

 

“There are four main floors to this building, the first floor is where reception is and there are some public booths available for newbie guests to get a feel of the place, the second floor is for regular guests and the basements is usually used for parties and gatherings.” He rattled off, as if perfectly memorised in his head and by the look on his face, top secret information. He shot Lee Hi a meaningful look, to which she shook her head at.

 

“What’s the top floor, I hear you ask?” The petite girl’s eyes quickly slated in evident irritation.

 

“Actually, I didn’t ask—“

 

“Well, since you’re so curious yet too shy to ask, I’ll let you in a little secret.” He held a finger to his lips as he winked at the apathetic girl. He waved at her to come closer, but this only resulted in her taking a few steps to her left away from him.

 

“I’m not supposed to be telling guests this—“ Then why take the risk? Aish, does this boy have no sense of loyalty to this club?

 

But since I trust you, I’ll take my chances.” Once again, it was proven that he was completely unaffected and undeterred by her attitude, it was something that she wasn’t sure whether to be suprised that he was just blooming with optimism.

 

“On the top floor, that’s where the fun is.” Was all he drawled out with a sneaky smile, as he continued to drag her towards the reception area. That was the most uninformative ominous secret, ever. Lee Hi inwardly released a sigh of annoyance.

 

“You’ll have to stick around long enough to find out that the fun is.”

 

Who says I’ll be around after today? This time, however, she didn’t hide the fact that she scoffed in disbelief. The abundance of enthusiasm that was being displayed from the male was sufficient enough to be disturbing for anyone unfortunate enough to see it. Or maybe she was just used to being a pessimistic. 

 

“What’s this then I see? Has our little rookie brought in a little lamb?” A sleekly dressed host member called out, just as he was about to step inside the public booth. Lee Hi rolled her eyes, averting her attention towards the minimalistic scenary around her. The reception area consisted of just a curved empty desk in the shape of a ‘C’ with a few vases of orchids positioned behind the desk.

 

Little lamb? Princess? Little one? What’s with all these cringe worthy nicknames?

 

“It’s not like that, this is my friend. I was just showing her around.” The dark haired male insisted, waving his hands in the air in a somewhat frantic movements as he tried to hide the girl by standing in front of her. “And so I’ll just be going, I’ll catch you later—“ But it was too late. The suit clad male was quick enough to intervene as Lee Hi found herself facing the stranger up close and much as it annoyed her, personal.    

 

“What’s the rush, J hyung? You just want to hog the little lamb.” He merely bumped aside the protesting male, inclining his head towards her with a small inviting smile. It seemed apparent that the former was holding in a stream of profanities but just about managed to restrain himself in time when a few guests walked into the reception area.

 

“It’s a privilege to meet such a pretty young lady, may I be so lucky enough to learn your name?” Perhaps it was mostly because she could still feel the lingering headache talking, but the fact that a handsome stranger did not have the desired effect. Instead she blinked slowly at him before returning back to the older male’s side, nudging him slightly, wanting to get this tour out of the way so she could go home.

 

“Should we get a move on? Before other host members decide to bestow their presence?” She suppressed the feelings of gratitude when the black haired male graced her with a grin as he held out his arm towards her as if suddenly forgetting his co-worker’s presence entirely. At that moment, knowing that if she were to take too long in hesitation at the gesture, there was no doubt in her mind that the host would snap out of his trance and try to talk to her in an attempt to nurse his bruised ego.

 

“Of course, as you wish. Maybe some other time, Jinyoung-ah,” And without further ado, he whisked her off with an extra spring to his step and a boost to his confidence.

 

 

 

I obviously spoke too soon.

 

“Where did you pick up such a cute little girl?” No less than ten minutes later, Lee Hi found herself under the keen attention of the group of clients in the public booths. She tried to scoot as subtly as she could away to increase rapidly closing distance between her and the curious women. Aish, what am I to these people? A stray dog?

 

“She’s my friend, I was just showing her around the place.” If looks could kill, he would have been ten feet under by now. But by the carefree look on his face, he didn’t give the impression of being intimidated by her glares whatsoever.

 

“I would have thought she was part of the staff here, if it wasn’t for her school uniform.” One with brown hair pulled over one shoulder commented, tilting her head slightly to the side.

 

Lee Hi nearly scoffed out loud but managed to stop herself. Me? Work in this place? I’d rather listen to Suhyun rattle on about the cute boys in her class.

 

“That’s not actually a bad idea—“

 

“No, I actually have too much school work to do, I wouldn’t have any time for a part time job.” She intervened with a tight smile before he could say anything else. It was a blonde woman this time, her eyes widened in realisation before she turned to her friends to relay her newfound information.

 

“Is that the uniform for the Seoul Educational Institute?”

 

The auburn girl blinked for a moment before she slowly nodded her head. The name of the high school she attended wasn't the best for academics or even by reputation, there were far too many gang members to count, though the majority did not bother to attend their classes to cause any real trouble. And the fact that teachers weren't exactly committed pretty much said all that was needed. But for some bizarre reason, to which she could not bring her head around, it was as if her confirmation was enough to send the women into a frenzy. Whispers and giggles were shared amongst them but Lee Hi didn’t pay them much need as she shot a look towards the silent male who merely kept tight lipped about it, his face no longer playful. Useless as usual, no change there.

 

“There’s a particular group of young men in that school you attend, I’m sure you must know of them.” One gushed out enthusiastically.

 

I wish I didn’t. She thought bitterly but did not answer this time, though they must have assumed that she did anyway from the looks of anticipation on their faces. But if I’m right, I don’t like where this conversation is going.

 

“I’ve never seen them perform live but I’ve heard from some of my colleagues that they are so charismatic!”

 

“And they’re so lovely to their fans too!”

 

“I even heard that they volunteer their time outside of school hours while keeping up high grades! How anyone can be so generous is such an admirable trait.”

 

…Who on earth are they swooning about? She frowned as she tried to rack through her brain for any indication on the group of people that were currently the hot topic. But no matter how much she tried, no one came to mind.

 

“I’m sorry but I don’t think I know who you’re talking about. Are you sure that they’re from my school?” If anything, they sounded like model students. And there wasn’t many of those kinds of students that she knew of in the Seoul Educational Institute. The woman who spoke out the first time round shot her an incredulous look. 
 

“Are you being serious? You would have to be some sort of hermit to not be able to know who these charming boys are.” No sense of bias there, of course. She merely shrugged her shoulders as she took out the bottle of water from her bag and took a sip. It wouldn’t be possible to keep track of all the students in the school and who knows? Perhaps it was some quiet students who were under the radar and actually had a growing fan club.

 

“Well, not everyone would know about that side of them, it’s all pretty classified since the boys asked their audiences not to spread the information that they do smaller, more intimate performances for their fans. Apparently, it’s against some rules that they aren’t allowed to engage in activities that go against their contracts."

 

“What’s the side most people know them as, then?” The boy who had remained silent until this point, leaning idly against Lee Hi’s side of the chair. The blonde haired lady flourished her hand in the air dismissively.

 

“They have this bad boy persona, though I’m sure that’s just an act just so they don’t get caught by being too nice.”

 

Wait a second…from that single description, there’s only one group from my school that could fit that. Lee Hi could already feel the water starting to backtrack, the beginnings of a coughing fit were in motion.

                                                                                                                                                        

“Looks like you do know who they are after all.” The cat-that-got-the-cream grin on their faces was enough of a confirmation. They’ve actually got people under the delusion that they are ‘pleasant’ and ‘caring’? Just when I didn’t think they could any more despicable than they already are. After Jackson patted her back until she managed to get her breath back, she shook her head in disbelief.

 

Well, karma will surely bite them exactly where they deserve. But in the meantime, if they do anything out of line, I’ll make sure that unless they want this information away from the public domain, they’ll behave. 

 

 

 

LINEBREAK​LINEBREAK​LINEBREAK​LINEBREAK​LINEBREAK​LINEBREAK​LINEBREAK​LINEBREAK​LINEBREAK​LINEBREAK

 

There you have it, the mystery's finally uncovered! The rookie host club boy that was hanging around Lee Hi all this time has been the one and only, Jackson!

 

tumblr_nidjhpBABN1tq1t6so2_500.gif

Which means that the host club is Got7! I was debating whether to use Exo, but since they feature is most of my stories, I thought why not a change /manyotherboygroupsbutheyho 

 

Sooo yeah, that's that! 

 

Until next time :)