Second

Their Little One

 

It felt almost as if time had frozen, no one was moving an inch as glares were being shot from all directions towards where she was sitting. Never has Lee Hi wished that she could go crawl under a rock any more than now. Hyuna merely cocked an eyebrow, her face showed nothing less than pure confidence as she lowered her entrancing gaze, reaching out one hand which the back of the girl’s neck. Which in turn, made the girl tense up instantly. The look she was giving was akin to a predator on the verge of sinking its teeth into its chosen prey, Lee Hi just hoped to the heavens above that she wouldn’t resort to that.

 

“Looks like our time with the cutie patootie has come to an end,” It was even possible, her voice dropped an octave, the mere sound was enough to give the younger girl chills that shot right down her spine involuntarily. “No matter, if these guys bore you or don’t satisfy you, you know where we are.”

 

Lee Hi instantly blanched. She’s not insinuating what I think she’s talking about…right? Although her contact with the opposite was rather limited, she wasn’t completely clueless when it came to certain topics of the ual nature.

 

The dark haired vixen didn’t even bother lowering the tone of her voice—which apparently everyone within a hearing distance could overhear, in short Lee Hi was mortified. But this didn’t visibly deter Hyuna, who smirked upon seeing the reactions of her words. She dropped her head so that she was merely inches away from the latter, her cat eyes slated as she tilted his head slightly to the side, the proximity between their lips was nearly enough to cause the younger to inhale sharply.

 

“Relax, hun. The plan’s already in motion now and the results look promising.” Only the four really knew what was going on, truly. From the other angles of the room, from where other people were idly watching, the scene looked very compromising indeed. But Lee Hi wasn’t able to comprehend what was exactly going on, she could feel her cheeks warm up as she tried to lean backwards but was held back by Hyuna’s fingers clasped lightly around the back of her neck.

 

“Not so fast, here’s the grand finale,” With that, before the auburn haired could even verbally protest, she could feel the lightest touch land directly on the corner of her lips. The older woman smiled provocatively, like a cat that had gotten the cream as she brought her head back up, she knew she had to act quickly before any of them broke—which didn’t seem like it would take much to do so from the unadulterated murderous expressions etched into their undeniably handsome features.

 

Without further ado, she slid off her lap with the effortless grace of a feline. Gayoon reached out a hand to pat the frozen girl’s face, thus breaking her out of her daydream—or was it actually a nightmare? It sure felt that way. The strawberry blonde girl smiled reassuringly for a second before she went back into her default character, shooting her a wink as she stood up from her chair whilst Jihyun was already standing as she blew her a kiss, both actions for everyone—or rather,  a few selected individuals—to see. The trio smirked in triumph as they sauntered like models from a top end fashion magazine out of the deadly silent cafeteria.     

 

Lee Hi let out a breath she didn’t even know she was holding. Did I just dream all that up? But she could still feel a tingling sensation by , the soft breaths that fanned her face and the sweet aroma that lingered around Hyuna remained in her mind as if she was still there and right in front of her, there was seven very angry, extremely pissed off teenage boys standing right in front of her.

 

But they were the least of her worries, for now at least. She tried to slow down her heart, taking in slow breaths at a time, her cheeks felt as if they were on fire. The auburn haired girl raised up her hands to cover them, not doubt her rosy cheeks stood out like a sore thumb against her pale complexion. She could vaguely see them approaching the table, yet nothing of what they were saying was going into her ears, it was almost as if the words were simply going through one ear and out through the other, none of it was commuting in her mind.

 

No matter how much she tried to push it towards the back of her mind, her lips still tingled, without even realizing it, one of her hands reached over and ghostly touched her lips. She was so close to losing her first kiss, which wasn’t something that Lee Hi was bothered about much unlike some teenagers her age. She couldn’t deny herself that the close encounter with Hyuna was enough to break down her barriers to allow some kind of human emotion to seep through the cracks. She could feel her phone vibrate in her blazer pocket, which partly brought her back into reality but made no move to pick it up. It was most likely going to be Suhyun, wondering what the hell was going on, well she probably wouldn’t have used those exact terms but she must have been worried.

 

Lee Hi blinked, noticing that the pregnant silence had rece again. Her gaze lowered down to her lunchbox, now she really didn’t feel like eating anymore. So, she merely packed up her things together and stood up, and all eyes seemed to stray towards her. Aish, looks like the days where I used easily blend into the crowds at school are long gone. For a split second, her eyes met with Suhyun, she subtly nodded towards the door before she went to walk towards the exit.

 

“You’re hardly had anything to eat, come back here and sit.” There was definitely strain in his voice, as if Bobby was trying to restrain himself from doing something, but Lee Hi merely shrugged them off. Who was she to know whether they were genuinely concerned or they were in need of their egos being nursed. And she didn’t feel obligated to fulfil the latter part.

 

“I lost my appetite.” She stated, not halting once as she walked out of the room, whilst Suhyun had just dumped the remains of her own lunch before following after her. The cool breeze that hit her once she left the room was exactly what she needed, like a breath of fresh air. She lifted a hand to fan her still warm face as she made her way over to her locker.

 

Unnie—what was that just now—in there?”  The cat eyed girl wheezed through pants, having to wait until she left the food court to run after the petite girl. I don’t even know myself, if I’m being honest. It all happened in a flash. The latter merely shrugged her shoulders, regaining some parts of her default composure as the younger caught up to walk alongside her.

 

“That seemed out of nowhere, though. Hyuna and her friends never stray out of their group to talk to others.” Suhyun blurted out, as if she couldn’t contain herself any longer when they pair reached the lockers.

 

Should I tell her? The auburn haired girl mused to herself, taking out the textbook she needed for the next lesson. Perhaps now isn’t the best time.

 

“Who knows? The girls saw them walking with me to gym yesterday, I would have thought they would have been jealous.” She wasn’t lying completely. Even she, herself, was curious to the reasoning why they didn’t show the typical popular girl reactions to her—unwillingly—being around the YG boys.  Maybe they were just trying to earn her trust before they humiliated her publicly? Or perhaps she just had an overactive imagination, for that she blamed all the dramas. Upon hearing that, Suhyun seemed somewhat convinced, but did not bring it up again regardless as the pair decided to spend the remaining time left of lunch in the library.

 

 

 

 

It was only when Lee Hi was walking back towards her classroom that a revelation seemed to dawn on her. The younger girl who seemed to cling onto her was looking much happier these days, she was practically blossoming in a newfound confidence with a—overload—of abundance of aegyo to boot, much to the oldest’s dismay. She never admitted it out loud to anyone, but she did have a slight tendency to possess a weakness for aegyo—and she was dragging that fact to the grave. As if she was going to let anyone know of that. Who knows what Suhyun would try to make me do?

 

Yet, she did feel grateful towards the younger girl. Throughout her school years, she had always held back and didn’t keep many friends as a result. Even if she tried to convince herself that she was fine and that having friends wasn’t the most important thing in the world, she couldn’t deny that at times, many times in fact she felt lonely. Sure, she did like having her own space and there are days in which she wasn't the most sociable person on the planet, but sometimes she just wanted someone to hang around with.

 

She was approaching her class, carrying her textbooks in one hand when she could hear a level of rowdiness that was never associated with her class before, since the majority were quiet and kept to themselves. The auburn haired girl had a bad feeling about walking into the classroom, it was almost as if every single instinct within her was telling her to run as far away as she could from the classroom. And she had a pretty good inkling why that was the case in this situation.

 

I can’t keep running away, especially when it means that I’m missing out on classes. I’ve already missed last lesson yesterday because of them, I’m not going to let them completely take over my school life. So, with her head held up high, she strolled into the room towards her seat at the front. By the time she had taken her seat, she was already pulling out her things ready for the lesson as she opened up her textbook to read over the homework questions.  

 

“Yah, are you going to ignore us?” Yep, that’s my plan because my world obviously revolves around you all. She inwardly scoffed in disbelief as she turned a page. How they were still in this school and didn’t even bother attending most of their lessons, she would never know.

 

“Looks like the princess isn’t going to move by herself.” Mino strolled over with his hands shoved in his pockets, looking like the image of a model. “So we’re going to have to sit by you, instead.” Just ignore them, just ignore them. She kept repeating in her mind, like a mantra. Seriously, what’s with all these childish nicknames? Though, I suppose it’s better than them actually knowing my name.

 

“Oi, didn’t you hear what hyung said? We’re going to sitting here so find a new place to sit.”  Hanbin’s voice rang through her ears and the next thing she knew, the sound of chairs scrapping back and the scurrying of feet was all that was heard in the silent class. Well that’s new, he’s never usually in class. She was well aware that Mino took the seat on the left, Bobby just behind and Taehyun on the right side whilst the rest flocked around. It was hard not to know when she could practically feel their stares. And suddenly, she couldn’t help but feel claustrophobic.

 

“I didn’t know you made some…new friends?” It had to take an idiot not to know what Mino was talking about and he most certainly didn’t seem to be pleased about it despite the fact he made a stab at taking the casual approach.

 

“Am I not allowed to make new friends?”

 

“You’re telling me that out of all the students in this school, you chose them?” There was an undisputable tone of disbelief in Taehyun’s voice. Lee Hi knew that in a normal situation, she would never interact with Hyuna, Gayoon or Jihyun. They weren’t the type of people she would be hanging around with, then again she didn’t really mix with people in her school anyway, until inevitable recent events took place of course.

 

I didn’t choose them, they chose me. But they didn’t have to know that.

 

By this time, the teacher had arrived and his first reaction upon seeing the infamous gang members in his classroom did not disappoint. He double backed initially, as if believing that he was merely dreaming it, before it all seemed to sink in for him. I feel bad for him that he’s got to try and go through the lesson with these idiots here. But the question that was lingering in her mind was why they were in her classroom?

 

Not even halfway through the lesson, the YG boys had done nothing but make as much noise as humanly possible. It was clearly causing a negative impact on not only her—the amount of times she had killed them in her mind was quite startling—but also her fellow classmates, who were probably hating on her right now and her teacher who spluttered and stuttered every other sentence or so. And not even every few minutes, she had them constantly trying to grab her attention from her work, which was grating on her nerves immensely.

 

“Yah, stop ignoring me, princess.” Her grip on her pen was nearly sufficient enough to snap the object in half, judging by how tightly she was holding it. That was it, enough was enough.  She shouldn’t have tolerated them from the beginning, since the ignoring phase obviously wasn’t working out as well as she had anticipated, perhaps she was being overly optimistic on that aspect. But nevertheless, whatever this ‘relationship’ if you could call it that, was—it had to stop.

 

“You are already disrupting my days in school, would it be so much trouble to not bother me during lessons?” She calmly broke her silence, thus pausing in her work to lift her head up from her book.

 

He smiled. He bloody smiled, as if to say that she was being ‘cute’ and simply just playing hard to get. Oh how she wanted to wipe that smile off his face. Seunghoon piped up. “Why? Learning this stuff isn’t going to get you anywhere in life—“

 

“It may be trivial for you guys, it’s important to me, and I ask that you would all respect that.” The room was silent as she exhaled deeply, pinching the bridge of her nose to mediate her anger. After that point, none of them bothered her during the lesson, but they weren’t saints. It was almost as if they would thermally combust if they didn’t cause some kind of mischief, which was being thrown at her unfortunate classmates.

 

Once again, I wouldn’t be surprised if they were glaring daggers in my direction right now, if I was in their shoes I would probably be doing the same. Though, when the lesson did come to an abrupt end, by this stage the teacher gave the impression of being elated as he practically sprinted out of the room without even assigning any homework, when she chanced a glance behind her—past the formidable wall of the YG boys, the majority of the class had their heads down to their desks, as if afraid to move if fear of dire consequences. Just when she was about to look away, she noted that as Bobby was leaning back in his seat his eyes were dead on her as he winked.

 

The bell rung, signalling the end of the lesson and also the completion of Lee Hi’s school day. Without a single second of hesitation, the rest of the class merely grabbed their books and bags and made a dash out of the room to avoid conflict with the feared group, leaving stray papers to go flying around in their wake. The auburn haired girl blinked in mute surprise as she slowly packed her things away in their proper place in her bag, she inwardly scoffed—she wasn’t going to let their presence affect her routine.

 

I could go to the library for a bit, I don’t remember a single thing I learnt in this lesson. The petite girl inwardly scowled at that thought. Then wing it from there. She paused in her musings, the thought that she was forgetting something was stuck in her head. What exactly was she forgetting? Aish, I guess it’ll come back to me later.

 

“Just when I thought they were never going to leave.” Seungyoon yawned as he stretched his arms upward. Funny, I was thinking that the entire lesson, but none of you have left yet. Lee Hi couldn’t suppress the urge to roll her eyes upon hearing that offhand comment.

 

“Not so fast there, we need to have a chat.” Once again, she found herself being pulled back into her seat when she tried to stand up. That was becoming old and fast. And she was finding herself getting increasingly frustrated that they thought they could control her, just like everyone else.

 

“No, we don’t.” Lee Hi stressed the last word out, taking advantage of their evident surprise as she slid over the desk counter to the front of the class with minimum opposition. “As far as I’m aware, I don’t have the word pushover written on my forehead. So don’t include in your affairs, because I’m not interested.”  

 

“You’re the one who got involved in something that wasn’t your business, if I remember correctly.” Jinwoo tilted his head to the side, his youthful face unreadable. However, he didn’t seem to be pleased with the reaction he received, almost expecting her to panic at being found out. Lee Hi’s face remained in its usually stoic expression, until she smiled—yet it was tingled with unconcealed malice.

 

“That’s because all of you are exactly the kind of people I consider scum. You think having power is being able manipulate and humiliate people at whim?” She shook her head in incredulity, the feeling of adrenaline rushing through her veins at being able to get these heavy words off her chest. “I want nothing to do with people who are like that.”

 

“Do you really think that Hyuna and her friends aren’t scum like us?” Taehyun raised an eyebrow, his lips pursed into a straight line as if to prevent him from digressing.

 

Lee Hi folded her arms over her chest. I hardly know them enough to make such a judgement, but why was Hyuna suddenly brought up in the conversation? She blinked, as a thought suddenly popped up in her mind. Perhaps, were they…jealous? She reached up a hand, lightly touching her lips. Were they jealous because Hyuna was feigning an interest in her? It seemed like the most plausible explanation, to her at least.

 

Mino’s eyes narrowed at her actions, as did a few of the others. “Does Hyuna make your heart beat faster, huh? Is that your type?” No, why would you ask such a question? She gave it some extra thought until she let out a chuckle, the rough sound was enough to send chills down their spines.

 

“Why?” She paused, raising an eyebrow defiantly as she lowered her hand from her face, her lips pulled into a smirk. “Are you perhaps, jealous?” The reactions she had were completely priceless, it was times like this she wished she had a camera.  

 

She slung her bag over her shoulder and slid out of the room while they were still stuck in their stupor, suddenly feeling an urge to buy some pastries as a treat for standing up for herself. This is a good enough excuse for a celebration, maybe I should text Suhyun and invite her brother too? She smiled to herself as she fished for her phone in her blazer pocket, walking around a corner towards the main exit.

 

“Hyung, what’s the plan?” The silent one of the group, Hanbin took one of his earphones as they all wandered over to their leader.

 

“We show her how scum we can really be.” Mino snarled out, his anger practically radiating in waves.

 

“No. We need to gain her trust.” The oldest shook his head, placing a hand on the tanned boy’s shoulder. “If she thinks she’s better than us, we’ll just have to prove her wrong for making such dangerous assumptions.”

 

“…So, we’re just going to be nice to her?” Seunghoon inquired, an incredulous expression etched into his features as if he thought he was hearing wrong. Jinwoo inclined his head, somewhat reluctantly, not entirely looking forward to fulfilling the plan himself. Mino scowled darkly, his handsome features scrunched up in dissatisfaction but nonetheless did not oppose his hyung.

 

“What happens if we actually gain her trust?” Bobby leaned against the teacher’s desk, his gaze trained on the spot where Lee Hi stood merely moments ago, a thoughtful expression plastered across his face.

 

Taehyun idly played with a pencil, twirling it around between his nimble fingers. “I think the suspense of not knowing what our true actions are will be enough to keep her on the edge.” Until he easily snapped the pencil into two pieces. “We’ll need someone who is already on good terms with her, to let us know all her secrets.”

 

 

 

LINEBREAKLINEBREAKLINEBREAKLINEBREAKLINEBREAKLINEBREAKLINEBREAKLINEBREAKLINEBREAK

 

Hello! ^-^ Thank you to all the support! It does really mean a lot, especially when I didn't think anyone would read it haha, I even stayed up till 4 in the morning to post the story and everything, so that's why there's no a/n in the first chapter!

 

Do you know how difficult it is to write them all as being horrible and mean? When they're soo cute....aaah, so frustrating -_-

 

JUST A QUICK QUESTION, if you're still paying attention until this point~ 

Which boy group would you like to see in this story, I guess as a *rival group* I've got some ideas, just got to pop them into the plot! ^-^

As always, photo spamminggggggggg

tumblr_nf6vvaZ7z61qkpf1eo1_500.gif

tumblr_nekimmrZcU1qab7ydo1_500.giftumblr_myu1ngjgTP1slris0o6_250.giftumblr_nc064wThI51rms2kko4_250.giftumblr_nf9oo2rfjA1qbmobuo2_500.giftumblr_nfankozfNZ1spmqino2_500.giftumblr_nfwdrfUbqK1sy8x5ho4_400.giftumblr_nfcha90HEr1qcwyi2o1_500.gif