Chapter 1

Is It Okay Kai?

"Ahhh.... w-wait...n-nooo don't leave!" Kyungsoo shot up in bed, his hand going to his chest. He hunched over, breathing hard. Running a hand through his damp hair he looked out of the window in his room.  It was raining hard and Kyungsoo could only imagine how cold it had to be outside. Tiredly, he turned his head and glanced at the clock- it was only 6:00 AM. Kyungsoo laid back down, thinking about the dream he just had. He'd been having that dream for a month now. It started with lightening crashing above the tree in front of his house, then he would feel cool air blowing by his neck, then a tall silhouette of a body would appear from behind the tree and it always came closer and closer to him. The person would always make it to Kyungsoo, but every time he woke up he'd completely forget how the face looked like.

"Hyung! Hurry up! Wake up!" Chanyeol barged into Kyungsoo's room yelling. Kyungsoo sat up again and yawned. He looked at the clock again.

"It's not even late." Kyungsoo replied, rolling his eyes.

Chanyeol grinned in triumph for annoying his brother. He then left the room after shouting a 'you're going to be late' in Kyungsoo's general direction. Kyungsoo didn't appreciate Chanyeol coming into his room and being loud but he was already used to it. Kyungsoo stood and gathered his things to take a shower.

After making it to the bathroom he took off his clothes and stepped into the warm water of the shower. He poured shampoo in his hair and tried thinking about what the dream could mean. When he came up with nothing he simply shrugged and continued washing up.

Kyungsoo stepped out of the shower and hung his towel around his waist when he was done. He was more awake as he made his way over to his room. He put on his school uniform, swung his backpack over his shoulder and headed down to the kitchen. No one was home. He guessed that Chanyeol had left earlier. His parents weren't home either, they must've already left to work.
Kyungsoo took his lunchbox from the refrigerator, his mom always made him one for school, and placed it in his backpack carefully. Before he walked out of the house he takes an apple to eat on his way to school.

 

When he arrived to his classroom Kyungsoo saw that everyone was already there. 
"D.O!" Suho shouted, sticking his arm in the air so Kyungsoo would see him.
Kyungsoo was about to reply to Suho, his best friend, when the teacher walked in and started talking to the class.
"Class! Attention! We have a new student joining us today!" the teacher said, motioning to the door of the classroom.
Kyungsoo looked up from his seat interested. From the classroom door a tall, black haired, handsome guy stepped in. He had two earrings and his hair was half up/half down. Everyone in class started whispering as soon as he was in sight. 
"Shh! Do you mind introducing yourself?" the teacher asked.
"Hey, I'm Jongin, but call me Kai. From now on I'll be in your class so I hope we'll get along!" He said with the most beautiful, brightest smile Kyungsoo had ever seen in his life. Kyungsoo shook his head as soon as the thought popped into his mind. Thinking a guy had a beautiful smile was kind of weird.

"Please take a seat," the teacher said to Kai, "there are three empty seats in the classroom." Kai looked directly over at Kyungsoo and walked over to sit in the seat beside him without hesitation. He sat down and put his backpack on the floor next to his seat. 

"Pick up your biology books and open it to page 47." the teacher said, addressing the class. 

Kyungsoo remained feeling really uncomfortable for the rest of the class. Every time he looked over at Kai, he caught Kai looking back at him. It seemed like Kai was looking at him the whole class period. When the bell finally rang everyone picked up their books and surrounded Kai. Kyungsoo packed up his owns things and left the classroom. He really hated when it was crowded. While he was heading to the cafeteria he heard footsteps running behind him. Suddenly someone grabbed his shoulder. Kyungsoo spun around to see the face of the new student in his class.

"Hey, I'm Kai!" he said enthusiastically.  

"Oh, um I'm Kyungsoo but call me D-D.O." Kyungsoo said, cursing at himself for stuttering. He didn't exactly know why, but he felt shy under the gaze of Kai. He wanted to kill himself right now because Kai was giggling at how shy Kyungsoo was acting. Kyungsoo felt his face getting really hot which meant he was blushing.

"Why so shy Kyungiee?" Kai said, teasing Kyungsoo.

"W-what did you just call me? Kyungiee?" Kyungsoo stuttered. The smile disappeared from Kai's face and his face turned bright red.

"Oh, I'm really sorry! Sometimes I think out loud, sorry!" he apologized and bowed a few times. They both realized what Kai had just unintentionally admitted. Kai was thinking out loud? That meant that Kai thought of Kyungsoo as a cute, and shy Kyungiee! 

Kyungsoo looked at the ground and awkwardly cleared his throat.

"Umm, so where are you going right now? Kai asked, breaking the uncomfortable silence.

"I wanted to go the cafeteria, but I don't have any time because I have P.E now."

"I have P.E too! Is it ok if we walk to the classroom together to change clothes?"

Kyungsoo looked up at Kai with surprise.

"Well is that okay Kyungsoo?"  

"Yeah, of course it's ok." Kyungsoo replied, smiling slightly.

They began walking together to the classroom. Just the thought that Kyungsoo was walking with the new guy who was already so popular made him feel all giddy and happy. Kyungsoo and his friends aren't the most popular or known people. As Kyungsoo and Kai walked into the classroom to change into P.E clothes, everyone stared at them. They all started to whisper and question why D.O the nerd was walking with the new hot guy Kai? Kyungsoo hurried to his seat while looking down at the floor. He grabbed his backpack and walked out of the room as fast as he could. He almost ran to the bathroom with tears filling his eyes. He didn't understand why everyone had to treat him so unfairly. As Kyungsoo was about to close and lock the bathroom door, someone put their foot in between the door and the wall so it couldn't be shut. Kyungsoo didn't look at who the foot belonged to because the tears that had began filling his eyes were now falling down his cheeks. The person walked into the bathroom with Kyungsoo and locked the door behind him. Kyungsoo buried his face in the palms of his hands and started crying. The person turned Kyungsoo around and put Kyungsoo's face in their chest, hugging him. After a few minutes Kyungsoo backed away from the boy's chest and looked at his face. Kyungsoo's heart started beating faster from one glance at the other boy. His eyes widened and his face brightened right away. Kai was standing there, looking down at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo was making such a bad impression. Kai must think that Kyungsoo was a crybaby now. Kyungsoo immediately looked down so Kai couldn't see his red face. Kai lifted up D.O's face, both of his warm hands resting on Kyungsoo's cheeks.

"Listen D.O, you don't have to hide anything. I get embarrassed sometimes too," Kai said with a lovely smile. " I'm really sorry for what happened back there in the classroom. How about we change and go to P.E together? We'll prove to all of them that we're friends." Though Kyungsoo doubted it was even possible, he was sure his cheeks darkened even more. Kai slid his backpack off of his shoulder and took out his P.E clothes. He began to take off his tie and shirt. Kyungsoo stood there awkwardly watching Kai undress. Kai looked over at Kyungsoo.

"What's wrong D.O? Just change your clothes. I won't look." Kai continued taking off his clothes. When he was just in briefs he looked at Kyungsoo again to see that he was still standing there, just staring at him. "D.O hurry up! Class starts in less than 10 minutes!" Kyungsoo was too busy daydreaming about Kai's abs to pay attention to what he had just said. He stopped daydreaming though when he felt two hands pulling his shirt up. Kyungsoo's eyes widened as he looked up at Kai's face.

"Hurry up! If you don't change your clothes I'll change them for you!" Kai said, hands still holding onto the bottom of Kyungsoo's shirt. Kyungsoo swiped Kai's hands away and changed his clothes quickly by himself. Kai was done first and he waited patiently as Kyungsoo continued to get into his P.E clothes. As soon as Kyungsoo was done Kai took his hand and pulled him to the door. "If we're late it's your fault," Kai looked back and Kyungsoo and smiled, showing that his words weren't meant rudely. Kyungsoo unlocked the bathroom and the two boys stepped out. Turning around he saw Baekhyun staring at them with eyes that looked like a deer who was caught in the headlights. Baekhyun was one of the most terrible people that Kyungsoo knew. Baekhyun's parents and Kyungsoo's parents were friends, and he often came over with them to Kyungsoo's house.

"No! Listen Baekhyun, we didn't-" but Baekhyun was already running away. "No! !"

"What's wrong D.O?" Kai looked innocently at Kyungsoo and stared after Baekhyun's retreating figure.

"He's going to call my parents now and tell them I was ing a guy in the bathroom! He's a really bad person," Kyungsoo replied worriedly. Right when Kai was about to say something back the bell rang. Kyungsoo ran to the P.E room. The boys arrived a few seconds late, but the teacher didn't notice. He told the whole class to warm up by running two laps around the P.E room. Kai ran up to Kyungsoo and was about to say something, but Kyungsoo looked at him and shook his head.

"Don't worry Kai." Kyungsoo said, with a heart-warming smile.