Sunday Heartache

The Last Thread Of Love

Sunday after mass.

Mi Nyu asked favor from her hyungnim to give her an excuse to go to Shin Woo's dorm.

"And what would a Pig Rabbit do visiting a dorm filled with guys?" Tae Kyung asked. "Don't you have any pride and dignity?"

"But I just want to visit my friend," Mi Nyu explained. "There is nothing wrong with it, is there?"

"Yes, there is something wrong with it," Tae Kyung argued. "We had just broken up for almost a month, but here you are trying to flirt with a former bandmate."

Mi Nyu pouted. "Flirt? What is that?"

Tae Kyung looked at her as if she were the most ignorant person in the world.

"Tsch! You dim-witted Pig Rabbit," Tae Kyung replied in great dismay. "Flirting! The one you did with Mi Nam's best friend in high school. Name's...what's his name again? Ah, Kim Dong Joon!!!! That's it! You were rubbing heads with him, remember?"

Mi Nyu looked at the ceiling. "Uh, ye, I remember that, but it was friendly gesture, Hyungnim."

Tae Kyung rolled his eyeballs and told her to get ready. "I am going to their dorm to have another composition session with Shin Woo."

Mi Nyu smiled and got her stuff ready.

*****

The Mars guys and Shin Woo were totally surprised that Tae Kyung and Mi Nyu visited them. Mi Nyu was bringing a basket loaded with good stuff, that Min Hyuk offered to cook with her. As he led her away, Shin Woo looked at Tae Kyung.

"It can't be helped," Tae Kyung said dryly. "She seems to know my schedule and even begged me to let her come along. Are you sure you are OK with that?"

Shin Woo nodded before leading him to his music room.

****

Tae Kyung noted the limping walk just as he always had.

"It's almost two years, but you are still walking like that," Tae Kyung commented. "Did you go back to your doctor?"

Shin Woo nodded. "Even him and his colleagues were baffled. And I don't care anymore."

"It must be hard to walk with difficulty," Tae Kyung empathized.

"Because of this, I gave up the band because I can no longer stand on stage," Shin Woo said.

"You can always come back to AN Jell," the vocalist said. "Everyone already knows what happened to you. They will understand if you will perform sitting down."

Shin Woo smiled sadly. "I know. But it is really different if I could stand up and perform. For me, composing songs is a compensation."

Tae Kyung understood what he meant. Then, they started their session.

*****

During lunch time, Mi Nam and Jeremy came in the dorm, as Jung Shin invited them over. Finally, the Noisy Five rejoiced over their reunion.

"We could form a subgroup, and call it 'The Noisy Five'," Jeremy proposed.

"How could it be a subgroup if we are even two separate groups? Babo," Mi Nam snapped.

Jong Hyun, being the eldest of them in the living room, instructed his friends to come down and not fight. Then, Tae Kyung and Shin Woo exited from the music room.

"Tidal Wave meets Tornado," Tae Kyung told Mi Nam and Jeremy sarcastically. "No wonder something was making noise."

Mi Nyu saw that Shin Woo was having some difficulty that she wanted to go and assist him, but she remembered him saying he wanted his autonomy. She looked at him descending the stairs carefully.

****

The guys and Mi Nyu gathered at the dining table set in the balcony. There was a shade above, so it was good, and the day was cool and windy. Jeremy, as usual, was sharing his brand of funny and corny stories for everyone to enjoy, or for Mi Nam to criticize. The guys were not even mindful that they were almost out of food, so Mi Nyu announced that she was going back in to get some more. Mi Nam came with his sister, leaving the others to continue talking.

"Ya, why don't we set up our own noraebang here?" Jong Hyun suggested.

"Oh! I so love it!" Jeremy squealed like a kindergarten child. "Then, I will be the host!"

"Variety show much?" Tae Kyung commented.

"Ne, Hyung, you could all sing, I will be the host," Jeremy replied.

"It's just an excuse not to sing. Hah!" Tae Kyung scoffed, making the others laugh.

Just as Jong Hyun had suggested, they transformed the living room into a noraebang.

"I thought you hated noraebangs, Hyung," Mi Nam said to Tae Kyung.

"I prefer this setting than being in a real noraebang," was Tae Kyung's excuse.

Min Hyuk chose some songs and started to play. To his dismay, he realized he had chosen the wrong song.

"Mianhae...this is a girl's song," he sighed. He gave the mike to Mi Nyu.

"Eh? But... I don't want to sing," Mi Nyu protested.

Jong Hyun pressed the pause button and replied. "Please Mi Nyu-ya."

Mi Nyu looked at Jong Hyun. She melt like melting and was afraid of the burning eyes (she finds him cute, but she finds him powerful, so much that she "fears" him). So, she took the mike, and as Jong Hyun pressed the "play" button, she began to sing "Tto Leu Leu" by Park Jiyeon of T-ara.

"Whoa...her voice is so angelic," Min Hyuk sighed breathlessly and happily.

"She sings like an angel," Jung Shin sighed dreamily.

"I could feel Na Hyun Jung's pain in her voice," Jeremy replied. His chest tightened when he heard her sing.

(Park Jiyeon starred as Na Hyun Jung in "Master of Study")

Tae Kyung did not realize, but he shed a tear when he heard her sing. He realized he had missed her, but he knew that he did not love her anymore, so there was nothing to go back to.

"Of course! She is my sister, and I am proud of her," Mi Nam casually replied, contrasting the poignant mode of his companions.

"Beautiful," Jong Hyun gasped in awe and admiration.

When she finished, she looked at the guys and found them dumbstruck under her spell. The Noisy Five looked at her the way they see a beautiful goddess, and she could see that they were mystified and drooling and stuck in place. She waved a hand in front of Jung Shin's face, but there was no response. Even the other guys seemed to be mummified. Her thoughts were cut short when she heard a clap.

"Well done, Mi Nyu," Shin Woo clapped with a smile, but his posture was one who seems not interested in anything at all.

"Gomawoyo, Shi..." Mi Nyu said, but was not able to finish, as Shin Woo stood up and went to the kitchen. She did her best to fight back her tears.

"Pig Rabbit, since when did you learn how to cast guys under your spell?" was Tae Kyung's sarcastic remark.

"Aniyo, Hyungnim," Mi Nyu retorted. "I do not know magic. Magic is bad, so says Mother Superior."

Tae Kyung only pursed his lips at her. Then, he began slapping the guys' cheeks softly to make them wake up from their slumber.

"Guys, guys, time to wake up!" Tae Kyung said to the Noisy Five.

As the guys woke up from their "sleep", Jeremy complained that they missed some good songs.

"Geurae! You really did miss Super Junior's 'Haengbok'," Tae Kyung chided them.

So, the others had to fight each other for the mike and sang the Super Junior song. Mi Nyu silently slipped to the kitchen to look for Shin Woo, who was silently drinking a glass of water.

"Shin Woo-hyung?" she called out carefully. She realized he was being distant, and she needed to be careful around him.

"Hm?" he asked, looking at her.

"You are drinking water..." she commented.

"Mianhae, Mi Nyu," Shin Woo said. "I just got so thirsty that I could not fight it."

Mi Nyu understood. But she noticed that his eyes were a bit red, so she went near him.

"Are you crying, Shin Woo-hyung?" Mi Nyu asked. His face looked so solemn and sad that it made her heart ache.

"Anya," he told her. "I choked my water, that's why."

"You should be careful, Shin Woo-hyung," she told him.

She inched closer and massaged his back in a normal and regular rhythm.

"That should be good, Mi Nyu-ya," Shin Woo said.

She smiled at him, and hugged him as she continued massaging her back.

"I really miss you, Hyung," she confessed in a whisper, but he did not seem to hear.

She stopped massaging his back and wrapped her arms around his waist.

"Please don't stop me, Shin Woo-hyung," she pleaded softly.

"Wae?" he asked in his normal voice.

"I just...miss you," she replied.

Shin Woo stood there, stuck in place, and unable to move. Mi Nyu buried her face to his chest, hiding her heartache, her sadness, and her tears.

****

Mi Nyu's POV

You are my friend. And I like you a lot. I treasure you, and you are precious to me. Even if I didn't love you the same way, my heart silently broke the day you said goodbye to me in Japan. I didn't love you like you do, but you still have a special place inside my heart. Shin Woo-hyung, just because someone doesn’t love you the way you want her to, doesn’t mean she doesn’t love you with all she has... And I miss you a lot... The worst way of missing someone is to be sitting beside them knowing you can't have them.... Why?

****

Shin Woo's POV

To let go of someone doesn't mean you have to stop loving, it only means that you allow that person to find his own happiness without expecting him to come back. That is exactly what I did for you. "Letting go is not just setting the other person free, but it is also setting yourself free from all bitterness, hatred, and anger that you keep in your heart." Mi Nyu, I love you still, but now, only as a friend. I hope you understand....