Listen

Who Do You Think You Are?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

the bold sentences in this chapter means the characters are saying it in ENGLISH.

 

----------------------

"Kyungri-ya...you said you wanted to practice recording. Why don't you start now? I mean...I can't be long here." I looked around, making sure there's nobody around.   "Unnie...my stomach grumbles. You know what always happen when I'm nervous. Anyway, what's the rush? Nobody's going to chase you out. Unnie, you're with me."   "Yeah but.....did you forget that we came here straight after I finished my job? I thought I need to sleep too."   "Ommo, sorry I forgot about that, Unnie. Just, uhh, sleep here first if you're tired. I need to use the washroom but I'll try make it quick."   Aish...Kyungri, still as nervous as ever when I can't even see why she would need me. Didn't her vocal teacher ever praise her? Okay, well now that I think back, our vocal teacher and everyone always told us we're so bad we need a hundred hours of practice a day too. I wouldn't be surprised. Until now, sometimes, I still wondered if we really were that bad, but if so...how come other people we met in the industry didn't say so? But maybe we were that bad, because we flopped anyway. I don't know.   What I could think of now, is that I'm feeling so tired, and I know I couldn't and shouldn't fall asleep. This isn't my place. I needed to stay awake.   And there's only one way to keep myself awake.     -------------     "Heechul~ Yoohoo, we're here. C'mon, aren't 'ya going out from the car, or should I carry you out?"   "Not funny." I pushed his hands away, not gonna return his foolish grin. If rumours about me being a gay gets around, that'd only add reasons for them to push me back to Jessica. No, no, no.   "Oh, anyeonghaseyo." Seeing Kevin hyung already bowed, I followed suit, though I didn't really notice someone was passing by earlier. It was one of the staffs. "Oh, hi Kevin. And Heechul, the President's looking for you. Better go to his room now. Come."   My glance shifted from the staff to Kevin hyung. They better not have anything to do with this. How come a staff so conveniently caught on me once I arrived to bring me to that old bastard? Something is fishy.   I purposely walked past the stairs the leads down to the recording studio, it was already open. Probably the recording people were already in there waiting for us. For intros, usually it's just a few of us involved in it. Kevin hyung especially will get busy with the intros, for what reason, I couldn't care less. But it's nice to be involved I guess. He treats the song like his babies. Me, just strolling by. As long as I could let my raps be heard, I'm cool. If there's none, too bad, what else can I do?   When I closed the door behind me, and saw the old man smiling, I took a deep, heavy breath. I didn't like the look on his face, not at all.   "Heechul-ah..."   I held my deep breath, not anticipating the bad news.   "Listen, you always say that you didn't get enough opportunity, right?"   I didn't give any answer. Seriously, this old man is good at manipulating you if you say the wrong thing. He'd think I hadn't learn. Well, he's wrong.   "Dongjun gets to be on Dream Team and other singing projects."   "Kwanghee and his variety shows."   "Minwoo has his Japanese project."   "Now, even Kevin, Siwan and Hyungsik are on TV dramas."   "You wanted your breakout too, right?...and so, your time has arrived. There's a solo project for you."
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter