; goodbye

Not My Plan

‘’Shoot me.’’

 

Hwayoung stares at me in shock before pushing me off her. She points her gun to the ground, ‘’I’m not going to shoot you if you come to me willingly like this.’’

 

I step back, returning to Jungkook’s side. I shrug, ‘’I thought you wanted to kill me the most.’’

 

‘’I do have 2 bullets here. So who shall be the next candidate?’’ She asks, as if killing someone was no big deal. She holds it to Hyosung, ‘’I’ve been meaning to kill you anyway.’’ But she directs her gun to me, ‘’Goodbye Yuna.’’

 

Jungkook turns around, hugging me tightly with his strong pair of arms. I feel his body stumble forward, as I tried to mute out the sound of the bullet. The sound of the gun dropping onto the wet soil – someone’s fleeing. I hold Jungkook in my arms, not willing to let go. The sound of sirens approach, but I still hold on to Jungkook.

 

Rain begins to fall, and I wrapped my hands against Jungkook’s back. Wet liquid. But it wasn’t water. I caressed my hand over his back, letting go of him slightly. He was still smiling, but it was a weak smile. I brought my hand to my face, eyes widening at the sight of the bright red liquid. I was holding him up now.

 

The falling rain begins to wash away the blood, but I still stare at my palm in disbelief. Jungkook places his hand on my cheek, forcing a smile onto his face. But I know how painful it is.

 

‘’The thick color of a rainy day in Seoul,’’ he starts. I remember them as lyrics from his song, ‘Rain’. I shake my head, holding him tighter.

 

‘’No Jungkook, you’re okay.’’ I quivered, I’m shaking so hard.

 

‘’I still can’t fall asleep as I fade away.’’ He says again, his hand still on my cheek. He looks into my eyes but I know those eyes are going to close soon. It’s the last time I’ll be able to see his eyes open.

 

Instead, I start singing to the lyrics of his song.

 

‘’ Now I can’t live a day without you, please.’’

 

He shuts his eyes close. Tears begin to leave my eyes, rolling down my cheek. At this point, I don’t know if it was my tears or the rain.

 

‘’ Open my closed heart, drench my heart. So I can feel you, hold me.’’ I continued, hoping that he would flicker his eyes open. To smile at me one final time.

 

 

I clenched my fists, resting my head on them. Tears still continue to roll down my cheeks, the guilt eating me alive. I start to sob heavily, desperately holding the tears back. Everyone – BTS, Jungkook’s parents, Vanessa, Daehyun, Hyosung and I were now outside of the emergency room.

 

It has been 2 hours since Jungkook entered the room. I hummed to the tune of ‘Hold Me Tight’ again, remembering his lines.

 

The red light above the sign switches off, signaling that the surgery has come to an end. A doctor walks out, removing his surgical mask in the process. He looks at all of us, ‘’We did our best.’’

 

My hands dropped beside me, as I continued to stare at the doctor in disbelief. Jungkook’s family breaks down, starting to sob. I, on the other hand still continue to stare at him. He bows to us, starting to walk away. I peered at the room, my feet involuntarily bringing me to them.

 

A long, white cloth was draped over Jungkook’s body. I placed my hand on the tip of the blanket, contemplating whether to bring it over his body. I did it anyways – his face now pale, eyes shut close away from us. Away from the cruel world. I dropped to my knees, looking away. I threw the cloth over his face again, refusing to look at him any longer. I storm out, stopping one final time by the door. I tried to stop myself from looking back, but I couldn’t. I turn around again. It could have been me instead.

 

I stared blankly at his picture. His photo framed up, in a glass shelf. At the corner, was a picture of us. The last photo we took together. It wasn’t even fair – he wasn’t supposed to be in that frame, it was supposed to be me. I turned away from the glass cabinet, Jungkook’s mother passing me a small ceramic container.

 

‘’It’s time to say goodbye.’’

 

Inside, I know very well. It was the last bits of Jungkook – his ashes.

 

Goodbye Jeon Jungkook.

 



it's over ;-; istg, i almost cried writing this chapter. but of course, there is a sequel. I'm still deciding whether to re-write the sequel. Because like I said, it is rather.. bad. GAH my writing skills in the past! Anyway, since we've come to the end, thank you to those who has been constantly showing support to me and the story. Please leave some comments too! Don't unsubscribe just yet though, I will be updating you guys about the sequel!