Chapter 4

Our New Life

Its 4:30 am and the first of six of Kyungsoo’s alarm’s go off. Luckily it’s quiet enough to only wake up anyone who’s close enough to hear it. And that person happens to be Xuimin, and he is not a morning person. Sitting up after hearing loud music, he looks around to see where it’s coming from. With a frown on his face he discovers Kyungsoo’s phone under his pillow. After switching the alarm off, as well as the other five, he lays back down and falls asleep.

~~~~~

Waking up from a not-so-wonderful sleep on the floor, Kyungsoo stands up and stretches his limbs and sees the bright sun shining through the window. Still half sleep he checks his phone, looks at it then turns it back off. Realizing that he never looked at the time he opens his phone to see that its 10:40 am. In complete disbelief, Kyungsoo turns on the TV to see if the time on his phone is correct.

“Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god! I slept through my alarms?!?” Kyungsoo says as he rushes to the bedroom to get clothes and take a shower. On his way to the bathroom he starts violently shaking each of the sleeping boys, as they all wake up Kyungsoo tells them what time it is and they all begin rushing to get ready. All of them except Xuimin, who takes his time to get up off of the floor and on the couch.

“What’s wrong Kyungsoo?” Xuimin asks, still half sleep.

“I slept through all of my alarms! This has never happened to me before.”

“You didn’t sleep through your alarms, I turned them all off.” Xuimin says smiling, as if he did nothing wrong. Hearing this Kyungsoo stops in his tracks and stares at Xuimin with disbelief. And in less than two seconds Kyungsoo lunges at Xuimin hitting him and yelling ‘How could you!?!’ and ‘Are you crazy!?!’, but the punches Kyungsoo was throwing didn’t seem to bother Xuimin, and he easily pinned the younger boy down and whispered to him with his eye-watering morning breath.

“Shhh, its ok, its ok, no need to panic, besides its just school, no one wants to go there anyways, as a matter of fact you could say I did you a favor.” He smiles, eyes still closed, and Kyungsoo curls into a ball of sniffles as he thinks about his now imperfect attendance.

“You know what, we might as well not even go to school today.” Baekhyun says.

“Fine with me.”

“Alright.”

“I have a test today anyways.”

“Thank God!” Xuimin says as he lays back down to go to sleep.

“Ew, no, gross. You still need to take a shower.” Junmyeon says as he throws a towel at Xuimin.

“So,” Kyungsoo says, finally getting up and wiping his face, “what are we going to do all day?” each of the boys looked at each other and yelled: SHOPPING!! MOVIES!!! LIBRARY!! PARK!! NO WHERE!!!! WHAT!!!!!??!?!?!?

After about 15 minutes of arguing, the boys decided to do all of the things they suggested before the day ended, accept for staying home and going to the library, which made for a very angry Xuimin and Kyungsoo.

At the Mall

“Oh my cheese and crackers how I’ve missed the mall!” Baekhyun shouts and all of the boys, except for Tao, look at him with a weird expression. “What, I didn’t want to curse.”

“I know exactly what you mean, it’s been years since I last came to the mall.” Tao says, scoping out all of the possible stores to go to.

“What do you mean years, we came here last weekend.” Junmyeon and Xuimin say.

“Ugh, you know what I meant, now let’s go shopping, and it’s even better since everyone else is at school.” Everyone splits into groups of two: Baekhyun and Tao, Xuimin and Luhan, Kyungsoo and Junmyeon.

 

With Baekhyun and Tao

“Let`s go to H&M, please.” Baekhyun pleaded with a pouty face. “We`ve been in this store forever.” He tries to pull Tao out of the Forever 21 store before he finds something else to try on.

“Wait, no, do you see that coat, I need it!” Tao yells as he tries to grab hold of the coat in front of him. He eventually gives up and heads into H&M with a surprisingly strong Baekhyun dragging him along.

“See, this looks good on you.” Baekhyun holds a leather jacket up to Tao in order to take his mind off of the coat in the other store.

“What are you saying,” Tao snatches the coat from Baekhyun and rests it on his arm “everything looks good on me.” He smirks as Baekhyun rolls his eyes.

“Having fun are we?” A mysterious voice surprises the two boys and they both turn around, Baekhyun’s mouth wide open, and Tao with an angry look on his face.

“And what are you two doing here, stalking us?” Tao says to the two older and slightly taller boys.

“We just wanted to introduce ourselves to your new friend.” One of the boys say as he looks at Baekhyun. “I’m Chanyeol, and this is my friend Kris, nice to meet you.” He holds out his hand for Baekhyun to shake it, but before Baekhyun can even process the situation Tao slaps Chanyeol’s hand out of the way.

“Don’t play innocent, I know what you guys did.” Tao puts his hands on his hips as the other boy glares at him.

“Tao-baby, why so tense? I mean look at him, he’s so small you can’t help but mess with him.” Kris grins as he wraps his arm around Tao and Chanyeol moves to the other side of Baekhhyun. Kris continues talking and somehow drags Tao to another area in the store, leaving Chanyeol and Baekhyun alone.

“So, short-stuff, I hear you go to my school now, you should`ve told me, I would`ve given you a private tour.” Chanyeol smiles as he bends down and gets close to Baekhyun’s face. He stands up straight again. “Are you wearing eye-liner?” The smaller boy couldn`t find the courage to speak, so he just shook his head ‘yes’. “Hm, cute. Why aren`t you in school? Already had enough?” The taller boy says, looking through the clothes rack next to him. Baekhyun decides that it’s time to speak up.

“Uh, no, it’s just that, well, I woke up late, and, uh, yeah. Why are you here?” Baekhyun says, tripping over his words.

“Skipping.” Chanyeol says nonchalantly. The other boy just nods his head, as if understanding. “Where are your other friends? Don’t tell me it’s just you and Tao here.” Baekhyun was confused, he couldn’t figure out why Chanyeol hasn’t beaten him up yet. He didn’t realize he was talking out loud until he was answered.

“Well for starters, we’re in a public place, and I don`t feel like getting banned from another store, second, you haven’t done anything to get on my nerves” he looks at Baekhyun with a stern face and raises an eyebrow “yet.”

“Ah, sorry.” Baekhyun looks away. “What’s gonna happen to Tao?”

“Oh, Kris wouldn’t lay a finger on his ‘Tao-baby’” He says making a face. And as if on cue, said people return with Kris`s arms wrapped around Tao, and Tao trying to push him off. Baekhyun and Chanyeol start giggling.

“What are you two lovebirds laughing at?” Kris smirks, and the two ‘lovebirds’ immediately get serious.

With Luhan and Xuimin

“So, where do you want to go?” Luhan asked, swinging his arms as he looks around for a good store to go to.

“Can we go to the sporting goods store, ‘cause I need a new soccer ball, my neighbor’s dog deflated my old one.” Xuimin says.

Luhan looks at Xuimin with disbelief.“Oh my gosh you like soccer too? Wait do you “like” soccer or do you like soccer?” Luhan asks.

“I like soccer.” Xuimin says, putting emphasis on the word just like Luhan did. But before he could even blink Luhan was dragging him in the sporting goods store to the soccer isle.

When Luhan notices Xuimin’s shocked expression he quickly apologizes and tells him that he just got too excited because Baekhyun and Kyungsoo aren’t really the sporty types so he can’t play or talk about soccer as much as he wants to.

“You don’t have to apologize, I actually think its cute how you fangirl about soccer like that.” Xuimin says nudging Luhan for him to cheer up.

“Thanks.” Luhan puts his hands to his face to stop from blushing.

The two become really close as they talk about soccer and other things they have in common before they are interrupted by Baekhyun and Tao.

“How did I know you’d be here.” Tao and Baekhyun say at the same time, while also crossing their arms simultaneously.  Noticing the numerous amount of bags in their arms Xuimin asks how they could manage to afford all of that and Tao pulls out Junmyeon’s credit card and waves it in his face.

“Speaking of Junmyeon, where is he?”

With Kyungsoo and Junmyeon

“Isn’t this just the iest blender you’ve ever seen in your life?” Kyungsoo says, staring at the chrome blender. Junmyeon rolls his eyes as he massages his temple.

“Hey, get away from that! Either you buy or stop breathing on it cause you fogging up the glass!” The store manager scolds Kyungsoo and he apologizes, then looks at Junmyeon. “Please Junmyeon, can you buy it for me? I really want it.” Junmyeon rolls his eyes before digging in his wallet to find his credit card.

“Oh no, I can’t find my credit card.” Junmyeon starts frantically searching through his pockets.

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN’T FIND IT??!!” Kyungsoo and the store manager rush towards Junmyeon, frisking him in search for his credit card.

“I hope I didn’t lose it.”

“You better not have lost it, I need that blender!”

“You need to pay for that blender first!”

The three cause a scene and a large crowd starts forming around them as peiple takr pictures. During this dramatic scene, Kyungsoo manages to slip out of the cluster and grab the blender and run out of the store as Junmyeon runs after him, only to be tackled by two overweight mall cops.

~~~~~

“I can’t believe they put us in jail, mall jail at that.” Kyungsoo looks around the room to take in the new surroundings.

“I just wanted to have a nice day at the mall, is that too much to ask for?” Junmyeon tugs on his handcuffs and begging God and his dead grandmother for forgiveness. Kyungsoo shakes his head in embarrassment.

30 minutes later Baekhyun, Tao, Luhan, and Xuimin walk into the tiny room with at least ten bags on their arms. Baekhyun, not wanting to miss out on this perfect opportunity, drops his bags and takes out his phone to take pictures of the bruised and messy-haired partners in crime.

“Who would’ve thought, the two most ‘innocent’ people on earth were caught stealing.” Xuimin says, leaning on the cell that his two friends were locked up in.

“Could you just get us out of here, please? And what’s with all of those bags, how did you manage to afford all of those?” Junmyeon asks.

The four boys all look at each other with a smirk on their faces and Tao pulls out Junmyeon’s credit card and throws it at him, the card landing in his lap. Each of the boys cover their ears in preparation for the scream fest that will come from the two small boys.

~~~~~

“C’mon ‘Soo, it wasn’t that bad, it’s just mall jail.” Baekhyun wraps an arm around his friend, only to get a hard smack on the head.

“Aw, Junmyeon-ie don’t be angry, besides you could always get more money.” Minseok pulls the younger boy into a tight hug, trying to make him smile.

“It’s not that easy, my parents aren’t willing to give me any more money ever since you guys blew through the first two credit cards. If this one gets declined they might cut me off completely and I’ll be forced to get a job.”

“No, if you have to get a job then we all have to get a job.” Tao whines.

 “Now that I think about it, we should get jobs too.” Luhan says.

“Yeah, we spent all of the money our parents gave us for food and clothes, the only way we survived is because of Junmyeon’s rich parents.” Baekhyun points out.

The six boys ditch the rest of their plans and decide to spend the rest of their day job hunting. After about two hours of walking around the big city in search of a job the boys give up and head back to their apartments. As if it was fate they stumble upon a Help Wanted sign in the window of a small store not too far from their apartment. But their joy of finally finding a job quickly goes away as they realize what store it is. After exchanging nervous glances the boys walked into the store and were met with a familiar face.