Chapter 1

Our New Life

Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, and Luhan, best friends, with the tightest bond, ever since they were ten. Seven years later theytransfer from their public school in Busan to a prestigious private school in Seoul.

Their last day in Busan is their saddest, short farewells become long goodbyes as they visit their friends one last time. After just over an hour of packing their belongings into the moving van they finally begin their  drive to Seoul. Thirty Minutes into the trip, realization finally hits, and Kyungsoo becomes a crying mess. Luhan tries to console his friend “Hey, why are you crying? It’s not like we’re never going to see them again.

“Why are acting like you’re okay with this? I know you’re hurting just as much as me, you don’t need to hide it.” Kyuhgsoo says, boogers running down his face.

“Yeah, but if he starts crying he’ll look ugly.” Baekhyun says trying to cheer him up. It worked. For the first time that day, they all laughed. The three arrive at a rest stop right outside of Seoul, and as they enter a half empty diner they are met with judgmental eyes staring daggers at them.

“Can I help you?” A man in his late twenties came from behind the counter and walked towards the three friends with his arms crossed.

“Um, yeah we just wanted to order something to go.” Kyungsoo says somewhat nervously.

"We're kinda in a hurry." Luhan says trying toemphasize their situation.

“We're closed.” A boy in his early twenties says as he stands up and begins walking towards the three. The tension started to rise in the diner as no words were exchanged between them. Kyungsoo, getting more scared by the second, suggested “Maybe we should leave, I mean, there are plenty of other rest stops on the way, we could go to one of those.”

Ignoring Kyungsoo, Luhan continues on "Then why does the sign on the door say Open?

“Maybe you should listen to your friend.” Another boy says, frustration in his tone. He steps closer toLuhan, whose fists were already tightened. Before things got out of hand, Baekhyun drags Luhan out of the diner, with a scared Kyungsoo trailing closely behind. Annoyed, Baekhyun starts the truck and speeds out of the driveway.

"Why'd you do that?" Luhan asks, still angry from the previous events.

"To save your life." Baekhyun says, just as angry as Luhan.

"What? I don`t  nedd your help, I could've taken them, and i would`ve won too." With full confidence, Luhan crosses his arms and looks out of the window,trying to end their conversation.

"Um, Luhan?" Kyungsoo asks. "What." "It's just that there was three guys." "So." "So, you`re not really the best fighter out there.." Kyungsoo trails off

Luhan sighs "I know, I know. It's just that, they made me so angry that I just could`nt control myself." He sighs again "I`m sorry Baekhyun, I was being stupid, do you forgive me?" Luhan pouts, trying to look cute,hoping Baekhyun will give in.

"Alright, alright, I forgive you." Baekhyn says rolling his eyes.

The ride to their apartment seemed shorter than expected. They arrived at 10:30 and quickly started unpacking, already exahsted from their day. Boxes filled with clothes and hairproducts filled the apartment as each of the boys found their own spot to lie down they drifted off to sleep, hoping the rest of their stay in Seoul won't be as bad.