First Assignment

Demon's Assistant (hiatus)

 

“Since this is your first assignment, I’ll start you off easy kid.” Daehyun stated as he wiped dirt off the cuff of his studded black leather jacket.

“Okay. I’m ready.” I nodded in response.

“Good. Your job is to follow a man named Kim Himchan. He’s an amateur model so you could easily be labeled as a stalker if someone catches you.” Daehyun chuckled as he crossed his legs on my study desk and twirled a pencil mindlessly between his fingers.

“That’s not even remotely funny.” I grumbled as I pouted like a child.

“It’s quite amusing. Now run along my little stalker. I don’t like to be kept waiting.” Daehyun said as he waved me off with his hand.

I just grumbled to myself before I walked off with my fists balled up to my sides like some spoiled child.

 

 

 

Kim Himchan was a very attractive man if you could call him that. It didn’t take a genius to realize that something was off about him. Himchan most certainly did not seem normal to put it lightly.

Himchan had ghostly pale skin with light blonde hair and cat like eyes. His cupid bow lips were a pale pink color and he was dressed in a pure white suit.

The sound of footsteps behind me had me jumping out of my skin practically as I yelped when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I turned around to find myself staring at a smirking Daehyun who had a black eye patch covering his right eye. I don’t know why but the eye patch just made him look more distinguished.

“Why are you wearing that eye patch?” I asked curiously as I pointed to it.

“Because that is where the contract mark is. It is proof that we have entered into a contract together. I only wear it when I go out in public though. Wouldn’t want to freak any humans out or anything like that.” Daehyun smirked.

“Can I see your mark then, please?” I pleaded as I batted my eyelashes to which Daehyun chuckled at.

Daehyun slowly pulled the eye patch up to reveal his eye. His eyes were both a very dark brown color but the pupil in his right eye was a faint blue color and had the same lightning bolt design as the mark inside the palm of my hand. It was a beautiful sight but Daehyun quickly covered it up before I could make a comment about it.

“I see you found our target without getting caught.” Daehyun stated as he nodded to me in approval.

“He almost didn’t get caught. Your human certainly stands out around here, Daehyun.” A husky voice spoke behind Daehyun.

I looked over Daehyun’s shoulder to find Himchan staring at us with his arms crossed loosely.

“Himchan. Always a pleasure to see you.” Daehyun said sweetly as he smiled at the other.

“Oh please, don’t make me laugh. You make it sound as if I actually enjoy your company.” Himchan replied as he rolled his eyes at the demon.

“You do enjoy my company because I make life more exciting for you. I actually give you jobs to do.” Daehyun defended as he pouted at Himchan.

“I swear you act like a child instead of a demon. I have noticed that there have been more souls that need to be collected as of late. Is this your doing?” Himchan questioned as he rose his brow.

“Himchan here is half reaper and half angel. He’s a contradiction in our world and many are out to kill him but he always gets the job done.” Daehyun informed as he turned to look at me.

“Many have tried to kill me but it always ends terribly for them. It’s not wise to pick a fight with an angel or a reaper. Angels cannot stand demons and seek to rid the world of them but since I am only a half breed if you will then the existence of demons does not concern me. Demons annoy me just like any other creature but I’m not out to kill them like all the other angels are.” Himchan stated as he stared at me.

“Basically he’s a neutral party and will only get involved if he has to.” Daehyun corrected.

“So why did you have me follow him then if you already knew who he was?” I questioned Daehyun as I glared at him.

“Well I had to start you off easy. Since you are a human you become an easy target to demons and since you have entered a contract with a demon it makes you that more vulnerable to other demons. What’s that phrase that you humans use quite a lot?” Daehyun questioned as he became lost in thought.

“You always want what you can’t have.” Himchan replied as he nodded slightly.

“That’s the one. Demons love to go after humans that have already entered into a contract with one demon. It’s like a game to see who can get the most rewards and benefits out of it. Seeing as how I own you for all of eternity there isn’t much any other demon can offer you but they will still try to. Demons aren’t called cunning creatures for nothing.” Daehyun smirked slightly.

“What happens if I enter a contract with another demon?”

“Then I will kill that demon for interfering with what is mine and for breaking the rules.” Daehyun whispered as his eyes began to glow a blood red.

“Daehyun, don’t make a scene around my workplace.” Himchan warned.

“I make no promises. These demons know who their leader is and to interfere with his plans is a crime that is punishable by death.” Daehyun hissed.

“Lord Daehyun, I think you should calm down now. People are starting to stare at us.” I said quietly as I gently tugged on Daehyun’s arm.

Daehyun let out a low growl as he began to take deep breaths to calm himself down.

“Honestly Daehyun. You may be the Lord of all demons but sometimes you are questionable. I’m going to leave now before you start shooting fire out of your eyes. It would also be wise to shelter this human of yours if you want to keep him.” Himchan mumbled as he waved slightly to us before he quickly walked off.

“Can you really shoot fire out of your eyes?” I questioned as I widened my eyes in surprise.

“No but I can shoot fire out of my hands.” Daehyun replied teasingly.

“I can’t tell if you’re joking or being serious right now, Daehyun.” I groaned.

“I’ll never tell you. It’s Lord Daehyun. We’ve already been over this many times kid. I suppose I could let you call me Daehyun though when we are alone. It’s been quite some time since a human has called me by my name though.” Daehyun replied softly as if he was lost in thought.

I watched Daehyun shake his head before he looked at me and clicked his tongue.

“Himchan was right though. Being this exposed as a human makes you an easy target. We need a disguise for you. Something simple that demons won’t really pay much attention to.” Daehyun hummed as he tapped his index finger on his chin.

As if a light bulb came on in his head, he smiled and snapped his fingers as he looked at me.

“I know the perfect solution. A dog form would suit you the best.” Daehyun stated in a serious tone.

“No. Absolutely not. I’d like to walk to two legs not four.” I mumbled as I backed away from the demon very slowly.

The smirk on Daehyun’s face just made me even more nervous and I knew there was no way I was getting out of this one.

While Daehyun opened his mouth to speak I took off running down the mostly deserted sidewalk as fast as I could.

There was no way I would be turned into a dog.

I will never be a dog. I will never be a dog. I will never be a dog. 


A/N: Am I the only one who thinks that Youngjae will actually be super cute in dog form??? Comments and subscribers are welcome here. Thanks so much to those of you that commented, subscribed, and voted up this story. I love all of the support. Thank you all!! ^_^