Prologue

Demon's Assistant (hiatus)

I did it.

 

 

 

I can’t believe I actually did it. I actually summoned a demon and he’s walking towards me right now. He’s checking me out and glaring hard at me right now or so I think. He’s like a transparent being but this is amazing.

“Make this quick, kid. I’ve got more important deals to make here.” The demon spoke in a thick Busan accent.

“Hello mister demon. My name is Yoo Youngjae.” I mumbled as I continued to stare at him in awe.

“I said to make it quick. I didn’t ask for your name nor do I care to know what it is. Why did you summon me here?” The demon asked in an annoyed voice as he walked closer to me.

The demon wasn’t in a physical state and yet he managed to slightly frighten me.

“I want to make a deal with you.” I whispered as I bit my lip and stared at the rocky ground.

“Making a deal with a demon in an abandoned cemetery. How very original.” The demon mocked as he sat on a broken tombstone and crossed his transparent legs.

“This is the only place I could go without anyone catching me.” I replied as I looked back up at him and bit my lip.

“Yes. I’m aware of that. Now state your business kid. You’re trying my patience.” The demon spoke harshly.

“There are people who murdered my parents and I want to know who did it and why.” I spoke confidently.

“I sense a lot of confidence in your words. Since I’m in such a good mood today I will help you with your quest. However, you must make a payment in order to have my help.” The demon spoke slyly.

“I know that and I’m prepared to offer you my soul in exchange for your help.” I stated.

“Your soul means nothing to me. What I need is an assistant to help me do my dirty work among many other things.” The demon spoke calmly.

“An assistant? What do you need an assistant for?” I asked curiously.

“Well Yoo Youngjae, believe it or not, but demons can’t be everywhere at once. I require some help and I’d like you to do it for me. You help me and I’ll help you find out who killed your parents. These are my terms.” The demon firmly stated.

A sigh escaped my lips as I slowly closed my eyes and opened them before speaking softly, “okay. We have a deal then.”

“Very well then. I will find you on your eighteenth birthday and from then on you will work for me for all of eternity as my servant and assistant. You will do whatever I order you to do and I will do everything in my power to help you find your parents killers. This is our contract bound by blood and it can never be undone except by the demon who has created it.” The demon stated as he pulled out a knife and sliced his transparent hand.

“We have to wait three years to find my parents killers? The trail will run cold by then. The killers will be long gone by then.” I shouted.

“In case you have forgotten, I am a demon. We have means of finding out anything and everything. We will find your parents killers. Of that I give you my word. Now take this knife and slice your hand to sign the contract.” The demon spoke as he threw the knife towards me.

I watched as the knife landed in the ground perfectly in front of me. I hesitantly bit my lip and drew the blade across my right hand watching as the blood began to pour out of it.

When I looked up the demon was standing in front of me extending his hand as if he wanted to shake it.

“Touch my hand with yours to enter the contract. Once you do this there will be no going back. You will serve me for all of eternity.” The demon reminded me as I nervously bit my lip.

If I entered this contract then I could never escape it. My fate would be sealed and I would become a demon’s pawn for as long as I live.

I have no choice though. I have to do this for my parents. I have to find out who killed them. I need this closure.

I swallowed the lump forming in my throat and looked back up at the demon before I nodded slowly, “I accept.”

I grabbed the demon’s hand in mine and watched as a piercing white light formed around our linked hands. My hand felt warm in his and it started to tingle slightly before the demon quickly pulled away.

“There. It is done. I will come for you on your eighteenth birthday. I don’t like making deals and working with children. The mark I left on your hand will glow a faint blue each time I call upon you or when I am near.” The demon nodded towards my hand.

I glanced down at my hand and noticed a small shape in the form of a lightning bolt resting in the palm of my hand. It looked like a scar that had been there for years and it was glowing a faint blue color. The mark didn’t seem to hurt me at all as I glanced back up at the demon.

“I’m taking my leave now. I have other deals to make. I’ll come for you on your eighteenth birthday. Until that time comes you may do as you wish except for make deals with other demons. Nothing good ever comes out of making deals with demons or more than one demon for sure.” The demon spoke as he turned his back towards me.

“Thank you for the warning, I think? May I know your name before you leave?” I asked sweetly.

The demon chuckled slightly before he spoke, “flattery with a demon will get you absolutely nowhere. Being a kiss- doesn’t help you either. My name is Jung Daehyun. However, since you will be serving me you will address me as Lord Daehyun.”

My eyes widened slightly as he told me his name. Everyone knew of the demon named Jung Daehyun. He was the most feared demon in all of history and also the fiercest. Many kings had entered into contracts with him and every single one of them was killed by the demon’s own hand.

Jung Daehyun was at the front lines of every monumental battle that had occurred throughout history and in the end he brought nothing but death everywhere he went. He was death himself and parents would always tell frightening stories to their children in order to instill fear into them.

Jung Daehyun was the worst demon that ever existed and I had entered into a permanent contract with him from which I could never escape.

“I can sense your sudden fear. Your fear is unnecessary. Killing you now wouldn’t benefit either of us. Besides I didn’t put killing you into our contract and killing you would hurt me as well since our contract is binding.” Daehyun informed me.

“What does a binding contract mean?” I questioned him.

“It means that no harm can come to either of us without the other feeling it. If you were to get injured then I would feel that pain for as long as it remains until I can heal you. If you were to die then I would die as well and vice versa. That is what a binding contract is. So try not to get killed or injured during our arrangement. While our contract doesn’t go into effect until you turn eighteen it would still be terrible to lose such a valuable assistant. I must leave now and make deals with other mortals.” Daehyun replied as he disappeared in an instant.

I glanced down at the mark on my hand and noticed it was no longer glowing and then suddenly everything went black.

 

 

 

What have I just done and what horrors now await me?


A/N: Hello! It feels so good to be back here and with another supernatural story. I hope you'll like this story just as much as the others and if you haven't read my other stories then hello to you. Comments and subscribers will be very welcome here and I look forward to reading all of your comments. Thank you all for the support. It definitely doesn't go unnoticed. ^_^