Chapter 4

Endlessly

 

 

 

Soon, Baekhyun was left alone in the huge living room with all those people around him. Kyungsoo, Jongin and Yixing went to socialize with their classmates, even talked to some strangers who offered them drinks. Baekhyun was really thankful that Yixing couldn't drink any alcohol that day because he had to drive them all home safely when the party was over. At least someone, who Baekhyun wouldn't be afraid of.

 

After some minutes had passed, the brunette felt two arms around his shoulders and saw a plastic cup of some weird looking liquid in this person's hands. “Take a drink” the deep voice offered. Baekhyun shook his head slightly, “I don't know...”. He turned around to look Chanyeol directly in the eyes; he didn't seem to be drunk. Baekhyun tried his best to not look too scared, to look as if he was totally fine.

 

Is something wrong? You don't look great...”

 

Thanks.”

 

That's not how I meant it, Baek, you actually look really great...” - Chanyeol cleared his throat - “, uhm, you know what I mean. But you look a bit sick, you know. Do you need some fresh air, we have a garden, we could go outside for a while...”

 

Baekhyun shook his head again. “It's okay.”

Chanyeol gave Baekhyun the drink - the latter didn't even have the chance to deny it – and took his hand and went to a small group of people Baekhyun didn't know. The smaller male was smiling awkwardly at them when Chanyeol introduced him to them, still hadn't tried a sip of the drink in his hands. One of them, he introduced himself as Kim Jongdae, whispered something in Chanyeol's ear and Baekhyun was curious about what they were talking about. Was it about him? This Jongdae guy smirked before he went to big table and stepped on it.

 

HEY, ATTENTION PLEASE!”

Everyone got quiet immediately, the music was turned off.

It's time for Spin The Bottle, my friends!”

Isn't that for children, Jongdae?” One of Baekhyun's classmates, Minseok, asked.

For children and for us, come on, let's do it~”

 

Baekhyun had the feeling that he was sweating. A lot.

He tried to leave the room, to hide in the kitchen or somewhere else, he didn't care – he just didn't want to play this game. Playing Spin The Bottle always ended with people kissing some strangers and Baekhyun really didn't want to kiss someone in this house, neither the good looking girls nor the guys who also were quite handsome – he had to admit that.

 

Slowly, he made his way out of the room believing that nobody would recognize his absence. He almost made it until some big arms pulled him back. “Where are you going, Baek? Don't wanna play with us?”

 

Stupid giant.

 

The brunette didn't know what to say. “I- ehm, I don't know.”


“Come on. You won't be forced to do anything you don't want to, ok? It will be fun!”

 

Chanyeol looked at him with puppy eyes. Nobody could deny those puppy eyes. To Hell with Park Chanyeol and his puppy eyes! “I hate you,” Baekhyun said and went to the circle of people on the floor. He sat down next to Kyungsoo and wondered why he and his perfect boyfriend even participated in this game. Chanyeol took place next to Baekhyun and Jongdae grabbed an empty bottle. “Ok, we don't wanna play the usual spin the bottle, I don't want you to all make out with each other, ok?” - Baekhyun got an more eased feeling - “But if the bottle points at you, you have to do what the person before you had told you to do, okay? Okay. I begin!”

 

Jongdae placed the bottle in the middle of the circle. “So, the one the bottle points at has to call their mother and tell her that she is pregnant or that he impregnated some girl.”

He span the bottle.

It pointed at some girl, Baekhyun didn't remember her name, who took out her phone to call her mum. Her mother was upset. She cried.

 

Baekhyun hated this game already.

 

The next rounds were as stupid as the first one. Minseok had to make out with a chair, Yoona had to give said chair a , Soojung had to tell her most embarrassing ual experience, Yixing got tickled by almost everyone in the room, and so on.

 

There were quite a lot of people participating so the chance the bottle pointed at Baekhyun was lower but he really feared to get all this attention.

 

Everything was okay though until it was Tao's turn to spin the bottle – a guy Baekhyun knew from elementary school and occasionally seeing on the schoolyard or in the cafeteria. “I will spin the bottle two times and the two persons who the bottle points at have to kiss each other for 30 seconds. And it doesn't matter which genders!”

 

A loud “oooooh~” went through the room.

 

And then the bottle span and first pointed at Chanyeol who immediately smiled like a little kid.

 

The bottle span again, and Baekhyun prayed that it wouldn't be him to kiss this giant next to him. It can't be him. No. He closed his eyes.

 

When he opened it, the bottle wasn't pointing at him.

Though he wanted to be relieved, and he was in some way, the sad face Kyungsoo made next to him kind of hurt him.

 

The bottle pointed at Jongin who looked at the bottle as if it was a ghost.

 

No,” Kyungsoo stood up. “Jongin won't kiss Chanyeol.”

 

Those are the rules, Soo,” Jongdae answered, he probably wanted to die.

Kyungsoo shook his head. Jongin begged him to sit down again and to calm down. Although Baekhyun couldn't understand why Kyungsoo was so mad, it hurt him to see his best friend like this. He looked as if someone had just ripped his heart out of his chest and Baekhyun could swear that he saw tears in his doe eyes.

 

Okay okay, I have another proposal for you. Jongin doesn't have to kiss Mister Sunnyboy when someone else does it instead,” Jongdae started and immediately there were some girls who offered themselves. But apparently, Jongdae had something else in mind. “But under one condition,” - the room got quiet - “it has to be a guy.” A big smile appeared on the male's face while you could see the disappointment on some girl's faces.

 

All the boys in the room looked at each other; no one was willing to kiss the giant. Or they didn't want to admit it at leats. Kyungsoo looked concerned, he didn't want his boyfriend to kiss someone else, he would rather kill everyone in this room. With high expectations he looked at Baekhyun and the latter could feel the glance but he didn't dare to look back at his best friend. So he looked to the ground until Kyungsoo poked his arm and he made the biggest mistake of this day. Well, the almost biggest mistake, right after going to the party in the first place. He looked at Kyungsoo who glanced at him with sad eyes, his lips begging him to help him.


“Please” he whispered. “I couldn't take to see this. You know that.”

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. He didn't want to kiss the giant but he also didn't want Kyungsoo to feel like a piece of trash. So he would do it. For Kyungsoo. Not for Jongin, not for Jongdae, not for Tao and especially not for Chanyeol. And definitely not because he want to feel the taste of Chanyeol's lips. Eww.

 

I do it.”

 

He couldn't really believe that he raised his voice. And he couldn't believe that he offered himself to kiss Chanyeol.

 

A loud “whoooooo!” went through the room, Baekhyun could feel his cheeks blushing and he got a weird feeling in his stomach.

 

Are you sure, Baekhyun?” Chanyeol looked at him with big puppy eyes, his cheeks were slightly blushed. The brunette nodded.

 

Jongdae stood up excitedly, his cellphone in his hands to stop the time. “OKAY. So we have a wonderful couple here. Stand up, lovebirds, 30 seconds, have fun!”

 

Grudgingly, Baekhyun stood up while Chanyeol looked rather excitedly when standing up. They faced each other, the height difference made the whole situation even more awkward for Baekhyun. He could even hear someone say that the two of them would be a cute couple.

 

this person.

Do Kyungsoo.

Kim Jongin.

this Tao guy.

Kim Jongdae.

Park Chanyeol.

my life.

 

Okay, are you ready?”

Chanyeol nodded, Baekhyun's expression was blank. He just wanted to get this bull out of the way as soon as possible. The giant's face got closer to Baekhyun's. “Okay?” Chanyeol looked concerned at Baekhyun. “Okay,” Baekhyun answered and felt a pair of lips pressed on his own - he closed his eyes out of reflex. The giant's lips were softer than expected.

 

1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

The kiss wasn't even that bad since it was only a game, right? Their mouths were moving slightly, both of them had their eyes closed.

6, 7, 8, 9, 10.

Chanyeol hesitatingly wrapped his arms around the other's waist.

11, 12, 13, 14, 15.

Baekhyun also put his arms around the taller's waist.

16, 17, 18, 19, 20.

They still kissed and Baekhyun didn't know himself if he liked it or not. The people around them awww'd and you could here a shocked “oh my god” once in a while.

21, 22, 23, 24, 25.

Jongdae, followed by the rest, started the countdown. Baekhyun began to wonder whether his lips were as silky as Chanyeol's and he had to admit that he didn't necessarily want to break the kiss, he liked to just have his lips being pressed at the taller's.

26, 27, 28, 29.

The pressure on Baekhyun's lips got harder for the last seconds.

30.

Jongdae screamed “YOU DID IT!” and the two broke the kiss and looked awkwardly at each other for a second.

 

And then Baekhyun came back to his senses and looked to the ground, biting his lips.

It was just a game. Just a stupid game.

 

The brunette turned to Kyungsoo. “You owe me something” The other replied with a wide grin. “Thanks, man. You saved me from killing everyone in this room.”

Now, Baekhyun really needed a glass of alcohol. He grabbed the plastic cup Chanyeol had given him and drank the liquid. It was sweet but you could clearly taste the the alcohol burning its way through Baekhyun's stomach. It was disgusting.

 

As the game was over, everyone stood up, paired up again and the music started to play again.

Hey, ehm, sorry for... you know...” Chanyeol appeared right in front of the smaller.

It's okay. Really.” Baekhyun couldn't look the other in the eyes, maybe he'd never be able to do it again without feeling awkward.

 

You know, you didn't have to do it...”

Are you complaining that you prefered kissing Jongin?”

Chanyeol smirked. “No, but... wow, I don't even know what to say.”

Do I make you that speechless, idiot?”

Baekhyun finally managed to look at the giant, his cheeks were pink and he laughed awkwardly.

Hey, Yeol. It's okay. Let's just never talk about it again, okay?”

Okay, so... you want another drink?”

 

Baekhyun denied at first but ended up with a second plastic cup of alcohol. Eventually even with his third and his forth. Maybe even his fifth.

 

To say that Baekhyun was drunk on that night would be wrong. He really wasn't drunk at all, apparently his body could take more alcohol than expected. However, he felt less introvert, he even talked to a few people he hadn't known before, exchanged phone numbers with a few of them and he actually enjoyed the night. And the kiss hasn't been a topic throughout the whole party.

 

 

At around 3AM the party was over. Chanyeol wished everyone a good night, hugged them and waved like an idiot. It seemed like he hugged Baekhyun longer than he had hugged everyone else. Maybe it was just Baekhyun's illusion.

 

The brunette almost fell asleep in Yixings car like the couple in the back. He was so tired after all this socializing, after all this talking and after...

After kissing Chanyeol.

 

A bit later, when he was lying in his bed, he couldn't fall asleep, despite the fact that he was tired as . He thought about the whole night again and again, about everything that has happened, about everyone he has talked to, about the alcohol he drank for the first time and about the 30 seconds of kissing Chanyeol. On the one hand, he wanted to forget this has ever happened. On the other hand, it had only been a game. It hadn't been a passionate kiss, there hadn't been any tongue and it hadn't been – in any way – romantic or ual.

 

But why couldn't he stop thinking about it?

 

 

 

 

______

 

A/N: I'm so sorry if that chapter is really really bad ;; 
School starts again on Wednesday and I'm an expert at procrastinating so I had to read two books (I read one of them ugh) and study a lot for exams ( I still have to ahahaha) so I didn't really have the time to write during the holidays. I hope that the next chapter will be a bit longer and better idk 

Btw, I hope y'all had some relaxing holidays and a happy new year ♥