Chapter 1

Endlessly

It was the first day of school after the summer and Baekhyun walked next to Kyungsoo, tired and pretty annoyed of his best friend who couldn't stop talking about his new boyfriend.

 

Oh, and Jongin said that he would go to Japan with me after our graduation. I'm already so excited, oh my god, I hope this school year ends fast. We're seniors, Baek, can you believe it?” The other wasn't really paying attention to what his best friend was telling him so he only nodded.

 

Normally, Kyungsoo was rather quiet and Baekhyun decided that he liked the old Kyungsoo more. If his friend continues talking so much about his oh so perfect Jongin, Baekhyun swore that he would kill either Kyungsoo or himself.

 

The brunette checked his watch to see that they had only 5 minutes left until their first lesson was starting and right in that moment, Kyungsoo's lover came straight towards the two friends. As soon as Kyungsoo saw him, he ran to him and greeted him with a kiss. Baekhyun shrugged and told Kyungsoo that he would leave to their classroom first but he didn't think that his friend had heard him as he was too busy changing his saliva with Jongin.

 

It didn't take Baekhyun much time to find his classroom and he decided to sit next to the window in the back of the classroom like he always did. He swore that he could concentrate better when sitting in the back of the classroom but he actually had the bad habit of sleeping during the lessons when he hadn't slept enough the night before.

 

And he had to admit that this happened a lot.

 

Hey Baek, how was your summer?” The brunette heard a familiar voice next to him. “Could have been worse. How was it in China, Xing?”

Could have been worse I guess. Hey, uhm, where's Soo?” Yixing looked a bit confused to see Baekhyun alone since Kyungsoo had never left Baekhyun's side except for the few times he had been ill.

 

Making out with his lover”, the smaller answered causing the Chinese to widening his eyes. “Woah, things have really changed... But he should hurry, the lesson starts in three, two, one-”

 

And with the sound of the bell a rushing Kyungsoo arrived in the classroom, his full lips formed to a bright smile. Baekhyun decided to find this look on his best friend disgusting.

 

Right on point”, Yixing whispered and turned his body to face the blackboard. Kyungsoo took place right in front of Baekhyun, still that digusting smile on his face. Oh man, Baekhyun already missed his old best friend.

 

 

The door to the classroom opened once again and the whole class got quiet but instead of their teacher, a tall, young man entered the room. He had light brown, curly hair, big puppy eyes and a wide smile on his face. But this smile wasn't an I'm-so-in-love smile like the one on Kyungsoo's face, it was more like an I'm-the-new-kid-that-wants-to-be-friends-with-everyone smile. Baekhyun wasn't sure if he found that kind of smile worse or more bearable than the one mentioned first.

 

However, Baekhyun had to admit that the new kid was kind of handsome and that the girls would probably like him.

 

Confused, the giant took place next to Kyungsoo since it was the only free seat left. He turned his body to greet Kyungsoo, Yixing and Baekhyun. “Hey, my name is Park Chanyeol, I'm your new classmate.” His voice was deeper than expected but it still sounded warm.

 

Yixing and Kyungsoo introduced themselves to this Chanyeol guy but then the teacher entered the room so the brunette had no chance to introduce himself as well. What a shame.

 

 

The day was a typical 'first day after summer' – day. Some talked about their holidays, the new kid had to introduce himself in front of the class, they got their schedule for the school year, the new teachers introduced themselves, Baekhyun was tired etc.

 

 

During lunch, Chanyeol sat at the same table as Baekhyun, Yixing, Kyungsoo and – what a surprise – Jongin. While Kyungsoo and Jongin were all lovey dovey, Chanyeol told about how great it was to find nice people to chat with right on his first day, about how pretty the school was and about the food.

 

Hey, uhm, you didn't really introduced yourself to me this morning and I couldn't catch your name during the day...” He looked at Baekhyun with his puppy eyes. “It's Baekhyun.”

Okay, Baekhyun!”

 

Chanyeol smiled even wider than before and Baekhyun wondered if he had more teeth than a usual human being.

 

We should exchange phone numbers so we can text and call each other.”, Chanyeol suggested after a while and the others thought that it was a very good idea. With apparently high expectations Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun after he had collected the numbers of the rest of the clique. “You don't wanna give me your number?”

 

It's not the most usual thing for the brunette to be asked about his number, he thought that maybe, if he didn't say anything, Chanyeol would just ignore the fact that he hadn't received his number yet, like people usually did.

 

Baekhyun wasn't the person to talk much or to trust people easily. However, he took his cellphone out of his pockets to look up his number and dictated it for Chanyeol. “Don't call me at night, early in the morning, in school or on Sundays. It's better to not call me at all though. You can text me every time you want but don't expect me to text back quickly.”

 

Instead of answering, Chanyeol smiled at the smaller who had some difficulties not to smile back at that giant idiot. After all, he had some kind of reputation to lose.

 

Eating lunch with this Chanyeol guy seemed funnier than Baekhyun had expected. Furthermore, Baekhyun caught himself laughing about some jokes the giant had made and thinking that he is actually a really nice guy.

 

Excuse us, we will be right back...”, Jongin said as he left the table with Kyungsoo on his right hand.

 

Baekhyun looked at the couple with a disgusted face. “Gross.”

The other two laughed at Baekhyun's comment. “They probably do each other in the rest room.”, Chanyeol added and Yixing couldn't stop laughing while Baekhyun was even more disgusted at the thought of it.

 

 

Hey, Baek, don't look so disgusted, be happy for your friend who is in love.”

 

First, it's still Baekhyun for you. Second, my so called best friend changed a lot – and not for the better – since he has fallen in love with his Jongin and I hate that. And last but not least, I can't change my disgusted look when I'm disgusted as and in my opinion it's up to you whether you accept that or not.”

 

Chanyeol hadn't expect an answer like this so he didn't know how to argue with that.

 

I didn't know you can say so many words in a row...”

 

What?”

 

Well, you don't talk much, you know. But I like your voice, talk more.”

 

Baekhyun looked at the taller, unable to say anything. Meanwhile, Yixing stood up and smiled at his friends. “I will go to the classroom first since I can't take you guys arguing like that. Please don't kill each other while I'm gone, okay?”

 

When Yixing was gone as well the two remaining ones looked at each other, nobody said anything. After a few seconds, Chanyeol's big smile had a comeback on his face.

 

And then it happened.

 

Baekhyun blushed.

 

He could literally feel the blood rushing to his cheeks and he simply reasoned it with his anger about this stupid Park Chanyeol and his stupid smile.

 

Yes, it had to be the anger!

 

As fast as possible, he turned his head and faced the table in front of him. He didn't want Chanyeol to see the awkward blush on his face.

 

Baekhyun heard the giant next to him sighing. “What's wrong?”

 

Nothing. I just don't want to look at you.”

 

Why?”

 

Because you're laughing at me.”

 

A giggle.

 

I'm not laughing at you. I'm smiling at you. That's a huge difference.”

 

Stop that anyway.”

 

Another giggle.

 

Let's go back the classroom, I bet the bell will ring in a few minutes.”

 

Baekhyun nodded and stood up.

 

He had always gone back to the classroom after lunch with Kyungsoo. He had gone anywhere with Kyungsoo. Always. Therefore, walking through the corridor with Chanyeol was unfamiliar and Baekhyun wasn't sure if he liked it or not.

 

Chanyeol was definitely completely different than Kyungsoo. He talked and smiled much more and he didn't seem to bother that Baekhyun was a lot less talkative than he was. Moreover, Chanyeol was taller than Kyungsoo. Not only a bit taller but much taller. That meant for Baekhyun that he must have looked really tiny next to him as Kyungsoo and him were of the same height.

 

The smaller had sudden thoughts about Park Chanyeol that he regretted immediately.

 

The height difference making a perfect back hug possible, the curly hair to dig his fingers through, the long legs that-

 

Stop.

 

Baekhyun shook his head slightly, trying to get rid of these gross thoughts.

 

Baekhyun?” The quiet call for his name came from the giant next to him. “Do you... hate me?”


“Huh?”

 

Well, you seem to be quiet mean to me...”

 

I don't hate you... I just barely know you.”

 

A soft smile appeared on Baekhyun's face, a soft smile that he rarely gave to others.

 

You smile. It suits you.”

 

After those words left the taller's lips, Baekhyun cleared his throat and turned his head to the side to hide his red face. How embarrassing it would have been if Chanyeol had seen him blushing. He would have thought that it was because of his stupid compliment.

 

 

 

When they arrived in their classroom the seat of Kyungsoo was still empty. Yixing was sitting on his chair, listening to some music. Some of their classmates were chatting or playing some games.

 

After a few minutes, Kyungsoo came finally back into the classroom, receiving a smile from the tall dork. “Had some fun?”

Kyungsoo punched him lightly in the arm and gave him a dirty smirk. “Not as much fun as we wanted to.”

 

Baekhyun cursed himself for forgetting his headphones at home. That would have prevented him from being as much disgusted as he had been throughout the day.

 

 

 

~

 

 

It was 10PM when Baekhyun's phone vibrated. When he looked at the display an unknown number appeared.

 

'When's your birthday?

-Yeol'

 

Baekhyun had first saved the number as “stupid giant” before he finally replied.

 

'6 May'

 

He wasn't sure why Chanyeol wanted to know when his birthday was but he decided that he didn't care.

 

A few seconds later he received another text message.

 

'Good night, hyung. ♥'

 

And with that last text message, Baekhyun couldn't help but smile like an idiot.

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hey ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Thank you for reading my story~ I hope you liked it as this will be my first fanfiction (that is no one shot haha) I'm wring in English /o\

Please don't hate me for possible gramma mistakes as English is not my native language. (but feel free to inform me about them~ ♥)

I'm thankful for any kind of review 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)

Byeee *disappears*