Chapter 11 (Fixed)

The Last Human (EDITING)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kill you? Why? And would you want to be a vampire, or just end your life with nothing?”

I frantically glanced back at everyone who was approaching us. I didn’t feel comfortable talking to Kai with everyone else around.  But Kai... I had the feeling that I really could trust him-- Just not with the others around, maybe. I knew what they wanted. They wanted my blood right now, and I surely did not want to be tortured again.

“Just end my life. I don’t want to see this world ever again. Please…”  I continued to glance around us. Kai gave me a worried look, taking notice of my uneasiness and hugged me before disappearing to somewhere. We arrived in front of some modern buildings in empty streets. He set me down and looked at me in the eyes. I could see the concern evident in his blackish dark brown eyes, just staring right into me, trying to read me before speaking. Kai... He was just a total sweetie at heart. It just happened that his vampiric instincts made it hard for him to stay the way he was.

“Before anything happens, I must ask you this: why do you want to end your life? And why do you specifically want me to do it?”

I stayed silent as he continued to search my eyes. I looked away, already feeling my tears start to burn at my eyes. I was tired of everything.  I didn’t want to consistently think about whether I was in a safe area, or about always having to be scared about where I’m going the next hour.

“I’m tired of life… My life is miserable being the last human, and I don’t want to live among vampires.”

I looked back at him, the hot tears already beginning to blur my vision. I looked pathetic.  I sounded pathetic.  I sounded... Human. An inferior race to the monstrous vampires of this horribly cruel world.

“Please Kai… Right now, you’re the only person that I can trust right now.”

“Eh? What’s wrong?”

I opened my mouth to tell him, but nothing came out. At that moment, I just wanted to spill everything that’s happened in my life. I wanted to tell him about all of the experiments and all of the pain that I was put through. I wanted to tell him about B1A4 and the rest of his friends. I wanted to tell him about their conditions. I wanted to tell him about ... My feelings towards Jinyoung.  I hadn’t told anyone about that. Not even Reita. I just couldn’t find my voice to tell him anything.

As if he knew what I really wanted to say,  he frowned at me. “That much? You must have a really hard time… But you know, Erin...” He trailed off as his gaze hesitantly wandered down to my neck. Placing a hand on my shoulder, his eyes snapped back up to look back at me. “You are a very precious girl, you know. To me, at least. And Reita, for sure.  Think about this for a moment.”

Here he paused and kept on gazing into my eyes, making sure that I was clearly going to think about whatever he was going to say next.

“With you gone, how do you think that I will survive? How would Reita survive? How do you think he’d react if he found out that it was me who took your life away? You know that I care about you enough to be considered a very close friend and almost like a sibling too.  I can’t live knowing I killed someone like this. Especially if that someone is you, Erin.”

I kept my mouth shut and allowed his word to penetrate my mind. Reita would be pissed at Kai and would rip his friend’s head off in an instant as soon as he heard.

*I only reunited with my brother recently… And Jinyoung… Would I give him up?*

I thought about it and Kai sensed my hesitation in giving him a response and asked,

“Erin, are you really sure about this?” He gave me a look that looked slightly pleading for me not to say ‘yes’.

I sighed and answered, “Yes, I’m perfectly sure.”

He sighed softly and said with reluctance, “I’m only doing this because you said so, alright? I will not kill you, but I’ll take enough to bring you into a coma-like state.”

I nodded before he hugged me tightly in a friendly way. I he pulled back before pushing me against the building’s wall. I saw that now his eyes were bright red as he allowed his vampiric instincts to take over a part of him. He put his hands around my shoulders, securely keeping me in place before leaning down to my neck. This was probably the only time where I’d willingly allow a vampire to bite me.

He lightly sunk his fangs into my neck before digging them in deeper and deeper, eventually using enough strength in his bite to a point where it became very painful. My body stiffened as I bit on my bottom lip to keep myself from letting out any sounds.  It would be best that I kept quiet as I didn’t want to attract any other attention. I relaxed after a minute, getting used to the pain in my neck.

I felt my blood being drained

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter