Letter

Lost Things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

By Myunghee's surprised, Luhan took everything that was left in the box. From the script to the photos, they weren't hers no more. It was a bittersweet moment when he left the apartment. They both had this parallel thought that their relationship is officially over with no more ends attached to it.

She gave him a smile that didn't reach her eyes as she lead him to the door. He couldn't find himself to return the smile.

"So, what are we now?" he asked her. Myunghee didn't really know.

"Strangers?" she guessed. Luhan hummed as if he was expecting a better answer.

"Strangers with a history and a scandal to cover?" he raised a brow, questioning her answer.

"Partners, then," she concluded.

Letting out a scoff before giving her his boyish grin, he laughed at that answer. "Like high school?" Luhan asked without loosing his grin.

"Okay... no label?" her brows furrowed, unsure of what he wanted her to say.

"I'll see you soon, Partner," he turned around leaving her only a glimpse of that grin he couldn't seem to wipe away.

Myunghee crossed her arms and glared at him, unable to read between his lines. Shaking her head slowly, she pulled herself back inside her apartment, not going to bother. Luhan always gave her a headache, before, during, and after their relationship.

Instead of heading back to the dorms, Luhan brought himself back home. Knowing that if he kept any of this back at the company, it would be way too risky. Luckily for him, this was around the time his family was asleep.

He pressed his lips together as he pressed in the code to get in his house, hoping it wasn't going to wake anyone, especially his crazy sibling, Minhee.

Getting in his room safely, he the lights, sighing in relief. Luhan sat on his bed with the box right beside him. He took out the photos he never got to see but knew Myunghee had taken of him during their times together.

He laughed at the amount of photos she had of him asleep after he would finish his training. He turned a few photos around and saw that she wrote a few captions.

We were supposed to go to the movies, sleepy :(  

Sleeping again...

Your nickname should be sloth, not deer.

Should I kiss you awake, Sleeping Beauty? 

His mouth went dry after reading the last caption, but he quickly ignored it and went onto looking at other items and photos in the box. Luhan came across an envelope that contained a letter she wrote before they graduated. On the envelope, it warned him not to read it until graduation was over.

Dear Luhan,

I can't wait until you read this after graduation. To be honest, there's a lot I wanted to say in this letter, but I'm not because you'll hear how grateful I am for you during my graduation speech again. (Note: Please, don't get all big headed when you hear it.)

The main reason why I wanted to write this was because I got accepted to Seoul National University and plan on staying here in Korea. I know Stanford was my goal, but it only became my goal because I was tired of being unappreciated here at school and at home. I didn't feel that way anymore after I got to really know you.

As you probably know, I hated high school. I had to fight myself numerous amount of times for not wanting to kill myself off in the last four years, but because of you, it was worth waiting for the last year to come. You supernaturally bought me into a state where suicide didn't exist. You were my gift from the heavens because I was saved by you (both physically and emotionally).

I know you're probably going through hardships because you're unsure where your dreams can take you. You don't know if your dreams can even become a reality, and finally and more importantly, you don't know if you can even do it. I watched you as you ran lines and shot me ideas for our project. Maybe I don't know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter