Reason

Lost Things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To: Myunghee
From: Luhan

Message: Open the door.

Of course, Myunghee didn't see the message until he called her about five times, waking her from her sleep.

The first few times, she ignored it, thinking that it was her alarm.

Once her head was on straight and she had read his message, she called him back. Her eyes couldn't even keep themselves open.

"Open the door," Luhan said as soon as he picked up.

"Good morning to you too," her morning voice came out lower than her usual voice, "What do you want?"

"Just open it."

She tossed her phone to the side, still not bothering to get up. Myunghee couldn't come up with a scenario for a reason to why Luhan would even come to her door steps. Her hands pull onto her blankets and pulled it over her head, quickly forgetting Luhan's presence with her eyes fluttering back into slumber. 

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Myunghee sighed into her pillow and was lost in her blanket as she used all her will power to bring herself out of bed. Stumbling the way to the door, she successfully made it. 

His perfect physique made it hard not to notice him even with his all black attire and un-styled tossed hair. If she saw him from down the street, she'd know it was him. How could no one have followed him? 

"Did you just get up?" her unwanted guest 'greeted' her and made his way inside her apartment. 

Despite of feeling her beating glare behind his head, Luhan excused it as he made himself on her couch and removed any excessive clothing. "It's two in the afternoon and you just got up?" he asked her.

"What are you doing here?" she snapped back at him, not moving from her spot as soon from when  she shut the door. 

"I finished my schedule early," Luhan said casually while tossing his jacket on her coffee table, "And I wanted to talk."

"About what now? Do you want to sign the contract or something?" the hints of anger rang into his ear, "Are you in your right mind right? It's not okay for you to come over when you please. Especially with the scandal going on. Do you want to toss your career away?"

Myunghee walked over to him and poked on his shoulders. "You worked hard for this, and you're throwing every--" 

"I just want to know something," he said as he stood straight up and looked right into her eyes. 

The fire in his eyes shut her up. Her exterior was calm and quiet, but there was a meltdown in her. She felt like her insides were rearranging itself. She tried opening to talk, but no words could make an escape. The silence engulfed them. 

"Okay..." she clenched her teeth as soon as words finally came out. 

There was something about the way he spoke to her and the way he looked at her with his eyes. Her own thoughts were fogged and incomprehensible. But she waited for him to say something. It wasn't long until he did, but the short pregnant pause made her worry that her fingers would curl. 

"Do you hate me?" he asked her.

What? Of course not. "What does it matter?"

The question was sudden. Out of all the things he wanted to ask he wanted to know her opinion on him, which is understandable if they were something, which they aren't. 

"Then, did you have feelings for someone else while we were dating?" 

Myunghee's eyebrows furrowed. She was lost by his question. "What do you mean...?" she replied back slowly, still trying to trace back to his question.

"Stop asking me questions and answer me directly. Did you like someone while we were dating? Did you have feelings for someone?" Luhan repeated in different words.

"No... Why would you think that?" the same slow tone came out. Myunghee was genuinely confused to his accusation. 

"Maybe because you left for America when you planned on staying in Korea three years ago. Maybe because you broke up with me so easily for someone else. Maybe that guy was my cousin that you know I can't stand," Luhan began snapping and charging towards her.

Myunghee backed up as he did, but that hadn't stopped him. His hands were on her shoulders and soon her back hit to the wall. She shivered. Her body was filled with uneasiness. He was so close. This small distance would've felt comfortable before. This was different from three years ago. 

"Luhan, I didn't ever cheat on you. I would never,"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter