Chapter 4

Love Is Always Here

At Taekwoon’s house, Taekwoon was reading a book on his couch in the living room. The TV was on but nobody was watching it. He was alone at home, reading a book, with the TV on. He wanted to visit Jaehwan again but he was too lazy to move. 

Zzzt.

His phone vibrated. He looked at his phone and saw that it was a text from an unknown number. He opened it and read the text.

Wonshik: Hey hyung. It’s Wonshik. I wanna ask, are you free right now?

‘What does he want from me?’ Taekwoon thought. He thought about what to reply Wonshik.

Taekwoon: Yeah I’m free, why?

Wonshik: I just want to ask you something.

Taekwoon: Can’t you just ask me through a phone call or something?

Wonshik: Please hyung.

Taekwoon was debating whether or not he wants to talk to Wonshik. He felt like it was an important issue and he didn’t want to hurt the younger by just lying and saying he was busy.

Taekwoon: Alright. I’m at home now so you can come over.
Wonshik: :) Thanks hyung. You’re the best.

Taekwoon: No problem

And with that, Taekwoon turned off his phone and continued reading his book while waiting for Wonshik.

At Wonshik’s place, he started getting ready to go to Taekwoon’s place. He left the house and started walking there with his earplugs in and listening to his favourite group, VIXX’s songs. He admired the rapper. He wanted to become a rapper himself one day. He continued walking and when he finally reached Taekwoon's place, he rang the doorbell. He heard some shuffling from inside until the door opened revealing a very bored lion. Anyone could tell from his eyes.

“Hi hyung!” Wonshik greeted happily. Taekwoon nodded and let Wonshik in. Wonshik walked in, took off his shoes and sat on the couch. Looking around at Taekwoon’s neat furniture.

“Wow hyung. Everything here is neat. Where are your parents?” Wonshik asked as he continues looking around, not seeing Taekwoon’s sad face after the question. But nevertheless, he replied with a poker face.

“They left.” Wonshik turned to look at him and just blinked.

“Oh…”

“Yeah.” 

“Okay.” Both of them proceeded to sit on the couch and started their discussion.

“Okay hyung, the reason I asked to come here is because I wanted to ask you, what do I do if I like someone? Because there’s this someone and I really like him because he’s really nice and caring and-”

“It’s Hakyeon right?” The younger of the two was shocked by the sudden cut off and the sudden mention of the name.

“How do you know?” Wonshik asked confused. How did Taekwoon know when nobody told him? Heck, he didn’t even know himself!

“Jaehwan noticed and so he told me. And yeah I’ve noticed too while I observed.” Taekwoon replied as if it was nothing. Wonshik blinked again.

“Eh? But but but…. I just found out myself…” The confused boy started scratching his head.

“Well? What you gonna do about it?” Taekwoon said as he leaned back onto the couch and put one of his legs on his other, sitting like his usual posture.

“That’s why I came here to ask you. I don’t know what to do.” Wonshik said with a ‘duh’ face. 

“Why are you asking me? How would I know?” 

“Because you’re my friend! And I believe you have something to do with Jaehwan hyung aye?” Wonshik said as he wiggled his eyebrows, receiving a glare from the elder.

“No I don’t.”

“Yes you do.”

“No I don’t.”

“Why’d you visit him in the first place huh?” Taekwoon remained silent. “See? You can’t even answer that.” Taekwoon sighed.

“Alright. What do you want me to do?”

“Help me.”

“I know that but how?”

“Tell me how to ask Hakyeon hyung why he’s ignoring me.” Taekwoon widened his eyes and gave a slight smirk.

“So that’s what’s been bothering you huh? You just love him too much, don't you?” Wonshik frowned but nodded anyways.

“Yeah… please help me hyung. We’ve been friends for so long. I don't want to lose him just because I like him.”

“Hmmm…. I guess you could start by asking him first?”

“But what if he doesn’t want to tell me?”

“Then keep trying. Or tell him your true feelings or something.” Wonshik looked up at Taekwoon and smiled widely.

“Yes, that's what I’ll do. Thank you so much hyung.” Taekwoon gave a soft smile.

“No problem.”

“Well, I guess I’ll get going now.” Wonshik got up, ready to leave.

“Wait,” Taekwoon said softly. “Since I helped you, can you help me?” Wonshik smirked at Taekwoon and chuckled.

“So you do like Jaehwan.” Taekwoon shot him a glare.

“Yes I do. Now will you help me?” Taekwoon almost growled. Wonshik just laughed and sat back down on the couch.

“Okay okay. I’ll help you hyung. How can I help?”

“What do you think I should do?”

“Confess? Isn't that the most obvious and simplest thing to do?” Taekwoon sighed once again.

“I know that you idiot. What I meant was how should I confess.”

“Ohhh….. You can do something romantic. Jaehwan likes romantic things. And cute things too.” Taekwoon nodded and took a mental note of that.

“Anything else?”

“I guess that’s just it. Oh yeah he likes dolls. Especially Chopper for One Piece.” Taekwoon nodded again.

“Okay. Thanks Wonshik.” Taekwoon smiled and  Wonshik  smiled back.

“It’s nothing. I guess I can go now?”

“Yeah there’s nothing else to talk about.” Wonshik got up and opened the door.

“Thanks again hyung. I hope this will work.”

“Thank you too and I hope this will work too.” Wonshik left Taekwoon’s house and went home.

When he got home, the door wasn’t locked. Which only meant, his parents were in. When he got in, nobody was inside, but some of the lights were on. ‘Who’s in here? Mom and Dad aren’t home.’ He closed the door and went to the kitchen to grab the nearest knife. He went to the living room. The TV was on, but no one was watching it. ‘This is creeping me out.’ He went to his parents’ room, but it was locked. He checked the toilet, no one was in there.

There was only one more room to check.

His room.

He walked towards it, and saw that the door was not fully closed. ‘I remember I closed it before I left. Who’s in there?’ He tiptoed closer to his room and had his knife ready in his hand. One of his hands were at the door knob and the other was holding the knife. His heart was thumping like crazy. He freaking out. His hands started shaking. He didn’t want to seem like a coward so he opened the door widely, ready to stab whoever was in there. Unfortunately, there was no one to stab, as it was just a familiar figure sleeping soundly on his bed.

 

 


A/N: Hey guys! This chapter took some time… And it wasn't even that long. Well at least I updated right? I haven’t been updating because of mid-term exams, but after something terrible, there’s always something good right? Well I’m having my Christmas holidays soon! Yay! That means more time to update! Wahoo!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and see you guys in the next chapter! ^~^

Until now, this has been, your author,
YoungminKwangmin