Chapter 2

Love Is Always Here

~4 years later~


“Umma! Umma! Look at the dress Appa bought for me!” The little girl turned 360 degrees in her cute pink dress. “Umma? Do I look pretty?” She asked, pouting as she got no response from her mother. Hakyeon looked at her confused. ‘Who is she talking to? I'm not her mother.’ Hakyeon thought.
“I'm sorry sweetie, I'm not your Umma, you must have mistaken me for your mother,” Hakyeon said as he smiled sweetly at her. “I can help you find your Umma if you’re lost.” He continued, picking her up.
“No! You’re my Umma! My Appa is Kim Wonshik! You’re my Umma! Cha Hakyeon!” She said as she started to cry because her own mother couldn't even recognize his own daughter. A familiar tall figure started walking towards them, with an older boy sitting on his shoulders laughing and playing with the tall figure’s hair.
“Appa! Appa! Look!” The boy said as he pointed towards me and the little girl’s direction. ‘”It’s Umma!” 
‘Umma? Again? That means they’re siblings. And then that guy carrying the boy must be their father… Who did she say was her father again? I forgot. My head hurts. I-I can’t. This is confusing me. I’m scared.’ Hakyeon thought as everything started to turn black.

 

“Hakyeon? Hakyeon! Hakyeon!!” Wonshik whispered loudly as he didn’t want the teacher to catch him talking. Hakyeon woke up with a startle from his short nap during math class.

“Are you okay? I’ve been calling you for a few times. Do you need to go to the sick room?” Wonshik whispered to his best friend with a worried face. His best friend just looked at him and smiled softly.

“No no I’m fine, I just didn’t have enough sleep last night,” Hakyeon replied. Luckily the math teacher didn’t catch him sleeping. ‘That was close. But what was that dream about? Who was that tall figure? He looked so familiar… And why were the two children calling me their Umma? Most importantly, why did the girl say Wonshik was her father? That means that tall figure was Wonshik! Wonshik and I couldn’t have gotten married and got 2 children right? Or could we? Aish… So confusing. Now my head hurts. Wonshikkie~~~ My head hurts~~~~ Woah woah woah… What the hell? Why am I calling for Wonshik? He can’t do anything to me. Am I relying on Wonshik too much? Have I gotten attached to him? Do I…. Like him?’ He had so many questions in his head. ‘Maybe I really need to sleep more… Yeah these are probably the effects of not having enough sleep’  Hakyeon thought as he started to pay attention to the teacher.
Soon enough, it was lunch time and the 2 best friends were starving. Hakyeon and Wonshik ran to the cafeteria looking like they hadn’t eaten in years to get their food and sat at their usual table. They were eating happily, feeding each other sometimes. Cute right? That was until a sudden commotion occurred.

“Watch where you’re going, !” Shouted a big guy who looked scary even though his face showed no emotion at all. He had really broad shoulders and compared to the small boy, he was really really tall. ‘Even taller than Wonshik!’ Hakyeon thought as he had always been the smaller and weaker one between the 2 of them.

“S-Sorry,” said the smaller boy who had fallen down and had a big mess of the big guy’s food on his shirt. The big guy walked away scoffing. He got up and ran to the restroom. Hakyeon and Wonshik looked at each other and then went to the restroom to check on the small boy. They checked each cubicle until they found the boy’s one which was at the very end. Wonshik gestured for Hakyeon to knock on the door and check on him. Hakyeon made a face of why-can’t-you-do-it at Wonshik but nevertheless knocked on the door.

“Excuse me, are you okay? Do you need help in cleaning your shirt? My best friend and I can help you,” Hakyeon spoke softly so that he doesn’t scare the small and fragile boy. There was no reply for a few seconds until the small boy unlocked the door and Hakyeon opened the door to see the small boy crying. Hakyeon’s mother instincts activated and he hugged the smaller boy and rubbed his back.

“Shhh….. Shhh….. It's okay. I'm here…. Don’t worry. I'm not going to hurt you.” Hakyeon said and mouthed to Wonshik to get some tissue for the boy. Wonshik nodded and got some tissue and gave it to the small boy. The small boy pulled away from the hug and looked at Wonshik.

“Th-Thanks” he said as he wiped his tears and blew his nose. Hakyeon got up and stood next to Wonshik.
“What's your name?” Wonshik asked.

“J-Jaehwan. Lee Jaehwan.” 

“I’m Hakyeon and this is Wonshik. Okay Jaehwan, we’ll get you a new shirt and then you can have lunch with us alright?” Hakyeon asked. Jaehwan nodded slowly and got up.

“Wonshik-ah, go and buy a new shirt for Jaehwan. Just buy any shirt, as long as it’s comfortable. And not too expensive.” Hakyeon mumbled the last sentence. Wonshik nodded and ran at the speed of light to buy a new shirt. In 10 minutes, Wonshik was back, and was panting.

“H-Here.” Wonshik gave the shirt to Jaehwan, trying to catch his breath. Hakyeon and Jaehwan smiled at him. Hakyeon patted Wonshik’s head and whispered ‘Thanks Wonshikkie. You’re the best’.

“Thank you Wonshik-shi.” Jaehwan said and then went inside his cubicle to wear his new shirt. He came out and smiled. “Thank you Hakyeon-shi and Wonshik-shi. I’ll pay you back for the shirt. How much was it?”

“No no no it’s fine. You don’t have to pay me back. It’s a souvenir for…. Joining our friendship?” Wonshik replied. They went back outside to continue their lunch. They chatted and got to know each other. Hakyeon and Wonshik told Jaehwan that they should hang out more often and have lunch together and probably go to school together. Jaehwan agreed and that was how a new member was added to the friendship. They would go home together, and Hakyeon and Wonshik just realized that Jaehwan was actually in their class. He was that quiet boy who always sat in the corner. Now, the 3 of them sat together. I don’t know how they figured that out but they did. Hakyeon was still the oldest in the group while  Wonshik is the youngest. Jaehwan was actually a cute bubbly boy who just gets scared easily.  They would have lunch together, go to school together and every Friday, they would decide on who’s house to go to. Then they would spend the night there. Those 3 were definitely the best of friends. 


One day, Jaehwan was curious about the other 2’s relationship as Hakyeon and Wonshik were really close. Heck, they even look like a couple. So he decided to ask Hakyeon while It was one of the rare moments where Wonshik wasn’t with Hakyeon.

“Hakyeon hyung?” Jaehwan asked cutely looking like a little kid asking for a lolly pop from his mom.

“Yes sweetie?” Hakyeon replied.

“Can I ask you a question?”

“Sure. What is it Jaehwan-ah?” Hakyeon asked as he turned to look at Jaehwan.

“Are you and Wonshik a couple? Because you 2 look like one.” Hakyeon widened his eyes and almost spat out the banana milk he was drinking. His cheeks turned red and he froze for awhile, before starting to stutter.

“What? N-No way! We’re just best friends” right? Jaehwan decided not to question more just in case an Ahjumma decides to possess Hakyeon. Just in time, Wonshik appeared and sat down next to Hakyeon. Very close, just like how they usually sit. But for some unknown reason, this time, Hakyeon felt a little too close to Wonshik for comfort, after hearing what Jaehwan had asked him. He scooted away slightly, earning a confused look from Wonshik. ‘I’m sorry Wonshik…’


As the days passed, Hakyeon started ignoring Wonshik. Jaehwan, who noticed the distance, got worried and was 100% sure that this was all his own fault for asking Hakyeon that question. The question which should have never been asked. He tried every single excuse to get them as their usual happy selves. But Hakyeon always had an excuse to get away from Wonshik. Every time this happened, a little piece of Wonshik’s heart broke, he didn’t want to lose his best friend, his very first best friend. So Wonshik wants to know what’s happening, what’s making his best friend ignore him, isolate him, grow distant from him. He needs all these answers because finally, he knows. He knows that he loves his best friend, more than a best friend. He always felt like that from Day 1 but never found out, until that moment. The moment he decides to ask Hakyeon what’s happening.

 


 ‘Why can’t we go back in time?’ Thought the 3 of them.

 

A/N: So…. I left you guys at a cliffhanger huh? Was it? I don't think it was. I don't know. Maybe? I don't know. Okay. Hehe…. I think this will be my first successful story. Heehee! I get the feels just by writing it! I can just imagine the 3 of them so happy and all. But was the chapter too short? I tried to add a lot of things to it. This is like about a page longer than the first chapter. I’m doing this on Microsoft Word on my iPad and then I copy and paste it on AFF.  Don’t forget to give me your thoughts through the comments! ^~^ Oooo can you guess who the bully was?

P.S. My iPad doesn't seem to want to co-operate with me when posting updating so i take a while to update because i have to do the line skipping and then everytime i try to add something, the screen goes all the way down and when i try to skip a line, it goes all the way to the top and then it doesn't let me scroll down so i have to save it and then refresh the oage and then scroll down and do the whole thing again. So i'm just gonna keep updating on Microsoft Word first and then post it here maybe using a computer next time. Alright see you in the next chapter~! ^^

Until now, this has been, your (lovely) author,
YoungminKwangmin