Chapter 1

Love Is Always Here

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP-

“Ugh.” Hakyeon mumbled from his soft pillow as he slapped the alarm clock to shut up as if it were a real person. He got up from his bed and went to the bathroom and took a quick shower. After about 10 minutes of showering, 20 minutes of admiring himself in the mirror and combing his hair many times, he was finally ready for school and headed downstairs. When he was halfway down the stairs, he could already smell the yummy breakfast. He followed the smell into the kitchen, looking like a human dog, and was met face to face with his beautiful mother who was laughing silently at his breakfast-smelling instincts. He looked at the food on the dining  table and smiled excitedly.

“What’s so special about today Umma? Why is the breakfast so big and mouthwatering and delicious looking and amazing-“ he was cut off from praising the food by his mother’s soft but audible laughter.

“Our new neighbours just moved in yesterday and their son is studying in your school so I invited them over for breakfast this morning. They should be here soon.” And as if on cue, the bell rang. “Oh look! They’re here! Be nice Hakyeon. Don’t be a…. You know….. The ‘B’ word,” She said as she walked towards the front door to welcome their guests. Hakyeon gasped as his mother had just told him not to be a b****. Since when has he ever been one? He rolled his eyes and followed his mother to the front door. Mrs. Cha opened the door and outside stood a tall, handsome young man who looked about Hakyeon’s age, a young-looking woman at his side, whom Hakyeon supposed was the handsome man’s mother, and a man on his other side. They all stood in front of Hakyeon and Mrs. Cha smiling.

“Good morning Mrs. Cha! How are you this morning?” The woman asked politely.

“Oh good morning! I’m fine, thank you. Please, come in,” Mrs. Cha replied as she let the 3 guests in. They went inside the house and they were all amazed at how organized and clean the house looked. Soon, they were all seated at the dining table, ready to have the breakfast of their lives. They started eating the heavenly breakfast and they were all, excluding Mrs. Cha, in heaven as they kept eating.

“This is really good!” The man exclaimed as gave a thumbs up. Mrs. Cha thanked him and soon, they all had finished their breakfast. Hakyeon did the dishes as the man, the woman, the handsome man, and Mrs. Cha were chatting in the living room. Hakyeon was eavesdropping and he overheard the young man’s name.

“Ah hello. I apologize that I haven't got to introduce myself properly. My name is Kim Wonshik. Nice to meet you Mrs. Cha,” the young man said as he stood up to bow and shook Mrs. Cha’s hand. Mrs. Cha smiled at him sweetly.

“You don’t have to call me Mrs. Cha my dear, please, call me Auntie because I know you and Hakyeon will be great friends,” she said as she looked to the direction of the kitchen. “Hakyeon, come over here and introduce yourself! I’ll do the dishes later.” After hearing his mother’s calling, he dried his hands and went to the living room.

“Hi…” He said as his cheeks turned slightly pink. “My name is Cha Hakyeon. Nice to meet you Wonshik-shi.” He said, feeling awkward.

“Wonshik, how old are you?” Mrs. Cha asked.

“I’m 15.” 

“I’m your hyung then. I’m 16 but we’re gonna be in the same grade because I had to repeat a grade.” Hakyeon looked down, feeling embarrassed.

“Oh that’s sad, but that means you and Wonshik get to know each other more since you’re gonna be in the same class.” Mr. Kim said trying to cheer Hakyeon up from his sudden sadness. Hakyeon looked at Mr. Kim and smiled.

“Thank you Mr. Kim.” Hakyeon looked at the clock and saw that it was already 7:45 and school starts at 8:00. He widened his eyes and ran upstairs to get his backpack.

“Umma! I’m gonna be late! I have to go now,” he said in a rush, ready to leave the house. “Come on Wonshik!! We’re gonna be late!” Wonshik nodded and took his backpack. The both of them went to say good bye to the parents and then ran to school. On the way, they were talking, or should I say shouting.

“Hyung! What happens if we are late?” Wonshik asked with his famous low voice.

“What? What did you say?” Hakyeon replied as Wonshik’s voice was too low to be heard.

“I said, What happens if we are late!!!” Wonshik said a little louder.

“Can you speak a little louder? I can’t hear you! Your voice is very low! But I find that very charming! So it's a compliment! Not an insult!” Hakyeon shouted. Wonshik smiled as he heard his new friend say that.

“Thank you!!! And nevermind then!!!!” Wonshik said at his loudest and this time, Hakyeon was able to hear him. They soon arrived at school at exactly 7:59. They quickly went to their classroom and luckily, the bell didn't ring yet. They sat down next to each other and then the bell rang. The teacher came in and they started the lesson. They payed no attention at all to the teacher. They just kept on chatting.

And this was how Hakyeon's and Wonshik's lovely friendship started. Beautiful right?

 

 

A/N: Ooo lala. This is by far the best chapter I have done compared to all the others. Sigh. The first one got deleted. I swear I didn't do anything to it. It just disappeared all of a sudden. So sad…. Then the second one I put it on draft because, well I suddenly stopped writing it and then I was bored so I started this one and ideas just pop into my head so…. We’ll see how this one goes. I hope this one will be successful. ^~^

Until now, this has been, your author,
YoungminKwangmin