Chapter 3

Love Is Always Here

Wonshik’s POV
Alright. So today I have to ask Hakyeon hyung why he’s ignoring me and then we shall solve the problem. I can’t lose him. Not after all these years of friendship. How many years has it been, 4? I love him. Too much that it hurts. It hurts that he doesn’t want to see me anymore. He wouldn’t even look at me! Can you believe that? He used to always say, “Wonshik-ah, you’re so handsome you know that?” In his sweetest voice and I swear my heart just melts. I still remember our first sleepover. It was amazing even though we were late for school the next day.

-Flashback! Bururururururururu-

Wonshik and Hakyeon were having a sleepover at Hakyeon’s place. On Sunday,  Wonshik  was supposed to go home because there was school on Monday but neither Hakyeon nor Wonshik wanted to be separated. So, they asked their parents if Wonshik could stay until Monday and then they would go to school together. Their parents agreed and they jumped around happily. They spent the whole Sunday at home watching TV, doing homework and of course eating. Those food monsters. Then at night, they had a pillow fight. Hakyeon wanted to win so badly so he used all of his strength.

“Yah! Wonshik! You won’t win! I will win!” Hakyeon shouted while hooding a pillow up, ready to smack Wonshik in the face..

“We’ll see about that hyung!” Wonshik shouted back, already prepared to dodge Hakyeon’s hit. Hakyeon smashed Wonshik in the face with all of his power and surprisingly, Wonshik fell down. He fell down with a loud thud from his hitting the floor. Hakyeon got worried and immediately put down his pillow and sat on Wonshik’s stomach.

“Shikkie! Are you okay? Did I hit you too hard? I’m so sorry. Let’s just do something else.” Hakyeon kept on apoligicing and asking if Wonshik was alright. But little did he know, Wonshik fell down purposely. Suddenly, Wonshik grabbed Hakyeon’s waist and pinned him down onto the floor. 

“I win.” Wonshik just said simply and chuckled. Hakyeon gasped at what his best friend just did and pouted.

“No fair Shikkie. I won. I hit you first. You got me worried you know? I thought I really hit you too hard.” Hakyeon pouted even more, if that was even possible, and that just made Wonshik want to kiss those cute plump lips right at that moment. But he couldn’t and that just made him sad. He pushed those thoughts away and smiled and Hakyeon.

“I’m sorry hyung. I didn’t know you’d be so worried. Will you forgive me?” Hakyeon looked away childishly. “Come on hyung. I said I was sorry. I won't do that again okay?” Wonshik pleaded again. Hakyeon turned to look at him and sighed, but smiled brightly afterwards. 

“Alright Wonshik! You’re forgiven!” Wonshik smiled once again and realized that they were still in the same position so he immediately got up from hovering over Hakyeon to sit on the bed. He looked at the clock.

“Hyung it’s already late. Let’s get some sleep now.” Both of them yawned.

“Okay.” Hakyeon got under the covers of the bed he was sharing with Wonshik. Wonshik doing the same afterwards.

“Goodnight hyung.” 

“Goodnight my little Wonshikkie.” And with that, both of them fell asleep with a smile on their face.


-Next Morning-


BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP-


PAK.


Hakyeon turned off the alarm and laid back down on the bed and looked at the still sleeping Wonshik, ‘He’s not gonna wake up soon. What am I supposed to do?’ He stayed quiet and thought for quite awhile until he looked at the clock again. ‘Oh . We’re gonna be late.’ He started shaking Wonshik to wake up.

“Wonshik-ah~” he started off quietly. Wonshik didn’t move one bit.

“Wonshik!” He said louder. Still no mocement from Wonshik. Hakyeon was getting pissed. Very pissed.

“WONSHIK!” He said much louder, this time Wonshik moved a little, but only to face the other side. Hakyeon rested his hands on his own waist and went to the other side Wonshik was facing. Oooo being woken up by a very pissed Hakyeon is not a good start of a day. Well poor Wonshik.

“YAH! KIM WONSHIK! YOU BETTER GET UP THIS INSTANT! OR I WILL SLAP YOU AWAKE!” Hakyeon screamed at his loudest voice. At Hakyeon’s alarming voice, Wonshik immediately woke up and sat down. 

“Yes ma’am!” Wonshik saluted. Hakyeon walked away and went to the bathroom. Wonshik just ran his hands through his hair. ‘I really need to do something about not being able to wake up. Otherwise that would be happening every time.’ He sighed and waited for Hakyeon to get out of the bathroom. When Hakyeon got out, he immediately went in and took a quick shower. Meanwhile, Hakyeon was tidying his uniform, combing his hair and making the bed. After both of them were done, they went downstairs to have breakfast. Neither of them realizing that it was past 8:00 already. After breakfast, they went to get their backpacks and then looked at their watches.

“Oh .” Both of them muttered. In a few seconds they were running to school as fast as possible. They were so late. When they arrived at school and into their classrooms, the first thing they heard was, “DETENTION!” And they hurried to their seats. School was just as usual. Jaehwan had been sick for a few days so he couldn’t join their fun. He was still at home that day. Jaehwan had mentioned about a frequent visitor who always took care of him when he came by. Yet he didn’t mention who. When school was over, Hakyeon and Wonshik stayed after school for detention. They stayed for 2 hours in the classroom doing absolutely nothing. Wonshik had fallen asleep and Hakyeon was bored to death. He just watched His best friend sleep and soon 2 hours were over. They went to their respective homes and started texting each other. They just couldn’t get enough of each other.


Hakyeon: Hi Shikkie~!

Wonshik: Hey hyung. Did you arrive home safely?

Hakyeon: Yes I did. Thanks for asking. ^~^

Wonshik: No problem. It’s my job to keep you safe since apparently you’re too weak to do so yourself.

Hakyeon: Yah! I am not weak. I’m just not as strong as you are >:(

Wonshik: Alright alright. Now go to sleep. It’s getting late.

Hakyeon: Okay. But we should visit Jaehwan tomorrow. I kinda miss him. I miss my baby~~

Wonshik: How about me? Am I not your baby too? Am I just a toy to keep you company? :(

Hakyeon: Of course not! Shikkie, you’re my favourite baby. My big baby. Aww is my big baby jealous that he doesn’t get enough attention? Does he want more attention from mommy?

Wonshik: >:/ You didn’t have to go that far. But yes. Your big baby wants more attention from mommy. And back to Jaehwan, we need to visit him tomorrow.

Hakyeon: Okay. Goodnight My little Shikkie~

Wonshik: Goodnight hyung. 

And with that both of them turned off their phones and went to bed.


-The Next Day-

Hakyeon and Wonshik went to school as usual, waking up in the morning, having breakfast, meeting up on the way to school, going to class together, having lunch together and finally going home together. They went over to Wonshik’s place first. They did their homeworks and when they were done, they decided to visit Theor other best friend Jaehwan, who has been missing out on a lot of their fun. Hakyeon started texting his little baby.

Hakyeon: My little baby~~!!! How are you? Are you getting better? Do you need mommy to make you soup? Mommy’s going to visit you soon.

Jaehwan: Hyuuuuuunnggg…. I’m not your little baby. And yes I’m getting better but I don’t need your soup. I’m fine without your soup. When are you coming?

Hakyeon: Now actually.

Jaehwan: Oh okay. See you hyung!

Hakyeon started packing up and Wonshik got ready.

“You ready hyung?”

“Yeah just let me get my pencil case. Hey where’s my pencil case?” Hakyeon looked around for his pencil case.

“I don’t know. Let’s just go, if I find it I’ll give it to you tomorrow alright?” Hakyeon pouted but nodded anyways.

“Okay. Let’s get going! Come on! I need to see my little baby!” Wonshik shook his head and left with Hakyeon. They walked for a few minutes until they reached Jaehwan’s home. They rang the doorbell and Mrs. Lee opened the door.

“Ah you 2 must be the famous Kim Wonshik and Cha Hakyeon right?” She asked with a sweet smile. The 2 outside nodded with a smile. “Come on in. Do you need anything to drink?” She asked as they went inside.

“No it’s fine. We’re just visiting Jaehwan.” Wonshik replied.

“Ah I see. Well Jaehwan has another visitor upstairs. First room on the left.” 

“Thank you!” Hakyeon said as he and Wonshik bowed 90 degrees and went upstairs to find Jaehwan’s room. They knocked on the door.

“Come in!” Jaehwan shouted from inside. The 2 opened the door to find someone they thought they would never see.


It was the big bully.


“Umm… Jaehwan? What is the bully doing in here? Is he trying to hurt you again? I swear if he-“  Hakyeon started questioning him until he was cut by Jaehwan.

“No hyung. He’s actually really nice. He’s the one who has been visiting me.” Both of Hakyeon and Wonshik’s jaws dropped. They couldn’t believe what they just heard. The bully introduced himself with a bow.

“Hello. My name is Jung Taekwoon. Nice to meet you 2.” He said with a surprisingly soft voice.hakyeon looked at him.

“I am Cha Hakyeon and this is Kim Wonshik. We are Jaehwan’s best friends.” Hakyeon and Wonshik bowed.

“Yaahh… Why so formal…. Just be friends.” Jaehwan complained. They all laughed except for Taekwoon of course, who found absolutely no humour in it. 

“Soo… How’d you guys meet? I mean like how did you become friends?” Hakyeon asked.

“Well, Taekwoonie hyung just came here one day and then he gave me soup and then we became friends. He’s been visiting me everyday since then.” Jaehwan smiled. Taekwoon noticed the nickname and looked away. ‘Why is he using that nickname? It sounds so cute. I can’t handle it.’ Taekwoon had an obsession to children, animals and of course, a cute Jaehwan. You could say he had a crush on him. But of course, Taekwoon would never admit it.

“Ooo…. I see you 2 are close huh? What’s up with the ‘Taekwoonie hyung’ huh” Wonshik teased Jaehwan, who just blushed deep red. 

“I-It’s just a nickname! J-Just like how Hakyeon hyung calls you Shikkie!” Jaehwan replied, stuttering slightly. Wonshik had lost the battle because he couldn’t think of anything else.

“So Taekwoon, would you like to join us?” Hakyeon asked.

“Join what?” Taekwoon asked confused.

“Our group of friends. We need more people~” 

“Sure.” Hakyeon smiled and then patted Taekwoon’s shoulder.

“Welcome to our group then.” Jaehwan and Wonshik cheered as they finally have a new member to the group.


-Bururururururururu end of flashback-

Sigh. Good days good days. I guess I really do have to ask him if I want those days bacl. But what if I ruin our friendship? Then it’ll be even worse than being ignored by him… Aish. I don’t know what to do. I should go and ask Taekwoon hyung. Maybe he would know. Hmm…. Speaking of Taekwoon hyung, I believe he has a crush on Jaehwan hyung. Oooo I must know about that. Sigh. Alright I guess I’ll just go and ask him, and then he’ll tell me what to do, and then I do what he says, and then if Hakyeon seems to be happy I will confess, and then we’ll be happy! Yay! I love happy endings! Don't you?

 

 

A/N: Soo…. I don’t know what this was. Siiiiiigh. To those who guessed Leo to be the bully, bingo! Yay! Well I don’t know when I will update next but I hope it’s soon. So yeah. See you in the next chapter! ^~^

Until now, this has been, your author,
YoungminKwangmin