2/3

A Thousand Years to Live
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan was cold. He could feel cool wind brush against his bare skin, tugging at his hair mercilessly. It was dark, too, judged by how no light seemed to coax his eyes into fluttering open.

Luhan liked this new place, wherever it was. Sure, he was alone...However, he didn't feel lonely anymore. He nearly felt like all his emotions had been drained from his soul: he felt nothing, just peace enveloping him as he rested.

A long time passed, maybe days, maybe more. The wolf never moved, staying completely still even as the wind got harsher and chilly flakes of snow started to cover his wrinkled skin. 

As if a fluffy blanket had been laid on his curled up body, he was covered by the freezing snow quickly,bits by bits. Soon, he started to feel an odd warmth in the depth of his chest, gentle but calming. He could hear a howl, reminding him of the his mate's: it had always been Sehun who howled like that, strong but somewhat sweet, almost like he was singing, calling out to the moon.

Many others seemed to join, the choir of howls tugging at Luhan's heartstrings. Suddenly, he felt sorrow melt the frozen peace he had once felt, seeping into his bare soul.

He wanted to howl too, he wanted to break free from all the snow and just rush towards all the others... He wasn't even sure if he was just imagining things: he could never be sure.

After all, he was dead.

It took the omega hours to shake off all the snow, moving his stiff limbs experimentally only. He felt somewhat heavy, like he had been sleeping for long, long years. It felt nearly refreshing to move again: he felt young again.

Luhan shifted the moment he heard the choir of howls once more, shivering from anticipation as he darted towards the sounds, sending them his own, raspy howl. He darted through the darkness by ease, focusing on his hearing as his eyes could pick up no trace of light.

He listened to everything around himself: how his paws hit the ground, making the fresh snow scrunch just a little with each hurried step, the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter