1/2

A Thousand Years to Live
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

listen to sad music while reading :)

It was a chilly morning: winter had just passed. Albeit the first flowers of springs were in full bloom, the air was still heavy and cold, the wind was rustling the branches of still-bare trees.

Luhan lay in his usual spot, his eyes heavy. Dull, thin fur clung to his bony body: the softness, the shiny: all gone. His unseeing gaze was set on the farthest wall of his tiny den: time had come and one by one, his senses were leaving him.

First, it had been his hearing. He'd had trouble keeping up with the voice of his many great-grandchildren for many years now, but all of a sudden, their voices had became a mess of mumbling and whines, dulling until only a soft buzz was heard by the elderly wolf's small ears.

And soon, even the buzz disappeared, giving room to an eerie silence.

That moment, the omega had realized that finally, his end was near. He had watched all of his packmates - expect for their children, of course - pass on the same way: losing their senses one by one... and then, falling asleep for the last time.

Luhan was lonely. He had pleaded his children to leave: he didn't want them to watch as he ceased to exist. It had been bad enough to see his precious pups beg for their father to open to wake and open his eyes...

Weakly, the wolf shook his head, a rough cough ripping from his lungs. He had to stop thinking about the past: he didn't want to die crying for a love that he had treasure so much.

He wanted to pass on with grace, like his mother had done. He disappeared days before it all, telling the younglings that it would be their last time meeting.

Luhan had known what would happen then, but he never expected to find his mother curled up in the very same den he was now in, staring at the moon.

Junmyeon had told him to leave then, not wanting to be seen at his weakest.

"Tell the youngs that I love them, Luhan." were his last words to his beloved son... He turned h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter