An Unexpected News

The Love Replacement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Min Ho gently Shin Hye’s beautiful face as his long fingers lingered along her jawline. He loved waking up every morning to see her gorgeous face next to him. She was sleeping so peacefully with her lips parted slightly, letting her warm breath passing through her lips. The sunlight that shined through the window was making her flawless smooth skin glow.

Although it has been a week since he knew about her pregnancy, but until now he still couldn’t believe that the woman he love so much was bearing his child. The product of their love is slowly growing in her womb and the feeling of having both of them was unbelievable amazing. He just hopes that Shin Hye and their baby could be healthy and nothing really matters to him now. His lips slowly curled up into a soft smile when he saw Shin Hye whimpered and fluttered her long lashes.

Shin Hye slowly opened her eyes to find Min Ho looking and grinning at her. She smiled at him when her vision was completely restored. “Good morning.”

Min Ho leaned forward and planted a soft kiss on her forehead. “Good morning.” He pulled back and looked into her eyes. “How are you feeling now? You vomited so badly after the dinner last night. Do you want me to bring you to see Doctor Jang later? I’m very worried about you.”

Shin Hye shook her head softly. “I’m feeling better now. It’s just the morning sickness. Doctor Jang said it’s normal. Most of the pregnant women will suffer from both nausea and vomiting during the first trimester. It tends to get worse over the next month or so.”

“Are you sure it’s really normal? You threw up everything you ate in your lunch and dinner.” A faint line creased his brows as he sighed softly. He moved his hand to her flat stomach and caressed it tenderly. “And you still need to suffer for another 8 months. How are you going to stand for that long? How am I going to stand for that long?”

Shin Hye smiled as she smoothened his unruly hair. “Pregnant is not a suffering. It’s a blessing. As long as the baby is healthy, I don’t mind how hard the process will be.”

“I won’t let you go through all this alone. I will stay by your side and take care of you and our baby.” He said as he took her hand and kissed her knuckles lovingly. He squeezed her hand softly before he asked. “Are you hungry? Let me prepare the breakfast for you.”

“Meo?” Shin Hye asked in surprised. “You cook the breakfast? Are you sure you can cook?” She asked again in disbelief.

Min Ho chuckled as he shook his head. “No, I don’t. But what is so hard about it? I can always check online for the recipe and just follow the steps. I’m sure it won’t be too hard.”

Shin Hye laughed softly. “You seem to start training yourself to be a good father.”

“And a good a husband too.” He whispered into her ears.

Shin Hye giggled before she shook her head. “No, we are not married and you are not my husband.”

“Not your husband… YET.” Min Ho emphasized the last word loudly, glaring at her. “And when are you going to say yes?”

“Say yes to what?” Shin Hye pretend to be stupid and pretend not to understand what he was asking. She tried very hard to suppress the smile on her face. She really enjoys looking at his anxious expression.

Min Ho inhaled a sharp breath before he pulled himself up slightly and half hovering on top of her very carefully without putting any weight on her. Looking deep into her eyes, he sighed. “Stop torturing me already. You know it very clearly what I’m asking about. I’ve been asking you over and over again since that day we found out that you are pregnant. You promised me in New York that no matter what happen in the future, you will never leave me again and will be with me forever. And you are even pregnant with my baby now. Why can’t you just say yes and be my wife already? Do you really want to wait until our baby is born first?” He paused and bit his lip. “I don’t think I can wait that long.”

The smile on Shin Hye’s face slowly faded. “I don’t want you to marry me because I’m pregnant.”

“Yah! You know I’m not. I asked you that before when we were still in New York. You said it was too early at that time. I didn't agree with you but I didn’t want to push you. But now, we have all the reasons to get married. Pregnant is just a secondary reason I want to marry you. The main one is because I love you.” He said with such certainty.

Shin Hye let out a deep sigh. “How about your family? Your parents? Even if I say yes, after what happened in the press conference last week, I’m sure your father will try his best to stop us. Your parents will not accept me as their daughter in-law. And I don’t want to create another hoo-ha so soon. The papers are still talking about us even 6 days have passed since the press conference.”

“The one you are marrying now is me, not my parents or the public. You know I don’t even care what other people think or talk about us. I had made it very clear to them, to the public during the press conference. Even if I lose everything, I will still choose to be with you.” Min Ho said.

Shin Hye held his gaze for a moment before she touched his face tenderly. She smiled slightly at him. “Let’s talk about this again after the board meeting tomorrow. We should settle the problem one at a time, right?”

Heaving another deep sigh, Min Ho rolled back to the other side of the bed as he gently gathered her in his arms, embraced her tightly. Every time when they discussed about marriage, she will have a way to defeat him and make him speechless.

“Are you worried about the board meeting tomorrow?” Shin Hye asked tilted her head up to look at him.

Min Ho shook his head. “What is there to worry about? I have already prepare myself for anything that will happen tomorrow. Since I embarrassed my father publicly during the press conference, I don’t think he will let me go this time.” He then looked down and assured her with a soft smile. “Don’t worry about the meeting. You and the baby is my main priority now. I will be more than happy if they really remove me from the board. It would be better if they fire me as well. I will have more time to take care of you and the baby.”

Shin Hye sighed softly before glaring at him. “I don’t want a jobless husband and I’m sure our baby don’t want a jobless father too. Do you want to starve us to dead without working?”

Min Ho laughed heartily with what she said. “Husband? So are you now indirectly telling me yes?”

“No.” Shin Hye shook her head.

Min Ho pulled back slightly before he moved his hands and cupped her face. “Say yes.”

“No.” Shin Hye giggled.

“I’m giving you another chance. Say yes.” Min Ho looked at her with a threatening mixed with a playful gaze.

“I say n…” But before Shin Hye could repeat the same word again, he leaned forward and sealed her lips with his. The sudden kiss was urgent and possessive without giving her anytime to breathe. As he deepened the kiss with his tongue meeting hers in the mouth, his hands slowly travelled under her nightgown, caressing her tender flesh. Every touch he made intensify the raging fire building inside of them.

Shin Hye naturally wrapped her arms around his neck as she slowly turned herself and went on top of him without breaking their lips apart. It has been a week since he kissed and touched her like this. She wasn’t sure the need in her was increased because of the changed of hormone due to her pregnancy or not but she was ually frustrated these few days. It was so weird for him not touching her at all.

Min Ho pulled back almost instantly when he felt Shin Hye’s hand travelled down to the lower part of his body. He wouldn’t be able to hold himself if she touch him there now. It was really not easy to resist her. He sighed silently thinking about the length of time he needs to control himself. It will be a long torturing 8 months for him.

Shin Hye moaned in frustration when Min Ho stopped the kiss and pulled away from her. His sudden pause makes her face flushed further. “Wae?” She asked in annoyance.

Gritting his teeth, Min Ho shook his head and tried very hard to control the urge to take her right away. She looked so y when she took the initiative and acted so boldly. She doesn’t know how bad his body was aching for her. “You are pregnant.”

Shin Hye bit her lower lip. “I’m only 6 weeks pregnant for god sake.”

“We have to be careful. You know me. I’m very uncontrolled when it comes to you.” He smiled as he gently turned her around, laying her back on the bed again. He leaned forward and kissed her lips softly. “I wouldn’t be able to control myself to be gentle… when I’m inside of you.” He whispered into her ears.

His deep and seductive voice annoyed Shin Hye even more. However, the last sentence he said burned her cheeks in deep red. She inhaled a deep breath before looking up at him. “So you are saying that you won’t touch me again until the baby is born?”

Min Ho nodded. “Yes. I am not going to touch you until the baby is born.” He repeated her sentence firmly.

Biting her lower lip even harder, Shin Hye narrowed her eyes at him. “Are you sure you can control yourself? It will take at least a year before you can touch me again if you really need to wait until our baby is born. You really sure you can wait that long?”

Min Ho breathed deeply before he nodded again. “I’d waited longer than that. If I could wait for 3 years, I think one year is not a problem.” He said, trying hard to hide the uncertainty in his voice. He wasn’t really sure he could stay control for that long this time.

Pushing him away from her, Shin Hye slowly pulled herself up into a sitting position. She looked at him with a smirk. “Too bad then. I was thinking to invite you for a morning bath but since you are so sure and in controlled, I guess it’s not a good idea.” She said as her hands lifted the hem of her nightgown and pulled it over her head, taking her cloth off in front of him.

Min Ho’s eyes were widened; breath hitched in his throat looking at her body with only the bra and underwear that covering her most y parts. She slowly gets up from the bed heading over to the bathroom without looking at him. He swallowed hard and finally found his voice back.

“Yah, Park Shin Hye. We can’t make love doesn’t mean we can’t take bath together.” Min Ho shouted as he pulled himself up now.

Shin Hye laughed softly before she entered the bathroom. “Let’s just wait until our baby is born.”

“Damn it.” Min Ho cursed under his breath.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

After they finished their breakfast, Shin Hye was sitting in the living room, reading some pregnancy magazines while Min Ho was washing the dishes in the kitchen. Shin Hye wanted to do it at first since he prepared the breakfast but he insist to do it himself and want her to rest more.

Just when Shin Hye was very concentrate on an article, she was interrupted by the doorbell. She put the magazine down on the coffee table and stood up of the couch.  

“Shin Hye, my hands are dirty. Can you open the door?” Min Ho shouted from the kitchen.

“Okay.” Shin Hye replied as she slowly walked towards the door. But when she saw the person who was standing outside, her eyes immediately widened. She inhaled a deep breath before she opened the door.

“H-Hi… Mrs Lee.” Shin Hye stuttered before she bowed politely at Kim Mi Kyung, Min Ho’s mother.

Without really looking directly at Shin Hye, Kim Mi Kyung walked into the apartment. “I’m here to look for my son.” She said in a stern tone.

Shin Hye quickly closed the door and followed her from behind. “P-Please takes a seat in the living room. Oppa is in the kitchen.”

“Shin Hye… who is…” Min Ho came out from the kitchen and when he saw his mother in the living room, he stopped at mid-sentence. He turned to Shin Hye and found her face has turned pale. He walked towards her and held her hand, squeezing it softly.

“Eomeoni.” Min Ho called out as he looked at his mother. “Why are you here?” He asked.

Kim Mi Kyung looked at her son for a moment before she sighed. “What choice do I have except coming over here? You are not answering your phone and no matter how I many times I sent you text messages, you still refused to come home.” She shot Shin Hye a glare before looking at her son again. “You should go back home and apologize to your father. The board meeting is tomorrow. As long as you admit your fault, he will not remove you from the board.”

Ignoring what she said, Min Ho smiled slightly at her and tried to change the topic. “Do you want to drink anything?”

Kim Mi Kyung let out an exaggerated sigh as she walked closer to her son. “Don’t try to change the topic. You know it very clearly what will happen if your father really remove you from the board. You will lose everything. You will lose your power in Lotte Group and…”

“And you will lose your power in the family, right?” Min Ho cut her off, looking straight into her eyes.

Shin Hye shook his hand lightly, trying to stop him. “Oppa…”

“Yes.” Kim Mi Kyung admitted directly. “Once you are remove from the board, Jong Suk will be the next president of Lotte Group. And at that time, Kim Sung Ryung will get everything when her son succeeded to take your place. Do you think both of us will still have any position in that house?” She paused and glared at Shin Hye again. “Because of this woman, do you think it’s really worth it?”

Min Ho tightened his grip on Shin Hye’s hand and looked at his mother firmly. “She is not just a woman to me. She is my love, my life. And most importantly, she is the mother of my child.”

Kim Mi Kyung’s brows raised in confusion. “What are you talking about?”

“Shin Hye is 6 weeks pregnant. She is pregnant with my baby.” Min Ho said.

Upon hearing what her son said, Kim Mi Kyung’s gaze instantly softened as she looked down at Shin Hye’s stomach. She smiled slightly. “You… you are pregnant?”

Shin Hye bit her lip nervously before she nodded. “Y-Yes.”

“I don’t want to know who will be the next president after I was kicked off or what abeoji is going to do to me because at this moment, Shin Hye and our baby are my main priority.” He paused and sighed again. “I don’t understand why we have to fight. I know you are still angry because of what abeoji did to you all this while but everything was his fault. It has nothing to do with Jong Suk. I don’t know what kind of high ambition they have behind our back but no matter what, Jong Suk is still my brother and Kim Sung Ryung is still his mother. We are supposed to be a family. Why must all of us fight against each other?”

There was a long silence after Min Ho spoke. Kim Mi Kyung looked at her son with a painful sadness in her eyes. “You will never understand what kind of pain I was enduring since they came to my life.” She paused as she turned to Shin Hye and looked at her stomach again. She smiled sadly. “Everything I did was because you are my son and I always want the best for you. You will never understand that kind of feeling until you become a father.” She inhaled a sharp breath before looking back at Min Ho. “I wasn’t too worry about the board members tomorrow since they are very clear how good you were all these years managing Lotte Group. But there are three of them who are very close with your father. If the voting ended up with a tie, Jong Suk will be the one who casts the deciding vote since he is the newest board member. He is the one that I’m worried about.”

Min Ho looked at his mother. “No matter what is the result tomorrow, I’ll respect the board’s decision.”

Kim Mi Kyung sighed in defeat. “If that is what you want, I have nothing to say.” She started to walk towards the door but stopped when she passed by Shin Hye. She turned to her and spoke again. “You should be extra careful since you had an abortion last time.” Without waiting for her to reply, Kim Mi Kyung quickly walked to the door and left the apartment.

Shin Hye breathed deeply before looking at Min Ho. “You shouldn’t talk to her like that. She was just worried about you. She might be wrong for hating Jong Suk and his mother but who can blame her? No woman in this world are willing to share their man with another woman.”

Min Ho heaved a deep sigh before pulling Shin Hye into his arms, hugging her tightly.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

“I think the whole drama was exaggerated. Those are Lee sajang personal matter. I don’t think it’s fair to him. His personal matter have nothing to do with his work in Lotte.”

“Even though it’s his personal matter but his action has affected negatively on Lotte’s shares. We should reconsider whether he still qualified to hold this position or not.”

“We should also consider all his hard work all these years. Since he took over the position of President, Lotte Group have been doing so well and I agreed it’s very unfair if we disregard all his great performance just because of a scandal like this.”

“But his reckless act has make a lot of the shareholders lost their confidence in Lotte Group. The shares are still dropping since the news was out. It’s also very unfair to the shareholders.”

 

Min Ho inhaled a deep breath when all the board members were debating among each other for more than two hours now and still couldn’t come to a conclusion that could satisfied everyone. He stole a sideway glance at Lee Dong Hwan who has a smirk on his face.

“Since everyone couldn’t come to an unanimous decision, I think we should all vote and decide whether to dismiss Lee sajang position as the president of Lotte Group or not. It would be the best and fairest way to make a decision.” Lee Dong Hwan finally broke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter