A Deal

The Love Replacement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It has been 2 weeks since Jong Suk started work in the HQ. How’s everything? Is he doing a good job?” Lee Dong Hwan asked as he looked up at his son.

“So far so good. Since he is new, I’ll temporary send Secretary Kim to assist him. He need to pick up everything as soon as possible. Our Annual Board Meeting will be next month. In order to make all the other board members not to question his ability as Vice President, I’ll pass the Hilton project to him. Fortunately, the project that he handled in Japan was very successful. I think the board members have nothing much to comment in the next meeting.” Lee Min Ho replied without looking at his father. So the reason of his father to meet him so early in the morning today was all about Jong Suk.  

Lee Dong Hwan nodded. “I heard that your mother wasn’t too happy with Jong Suk’s promotion.”

Min Ho looked up at his father before he inhaled a silent breath. “She will get over it soon.” She always do. This is the price she need to pay for marrying Lee Dong Hwan. Greediness is his father’s strongest strength that enable him to bring Lotte Group to this high status now. The same goes for his hunger for women. One woman wouldn’t be able to satisfy his greediness. Even though he was married to his mother and brought Kim Sung Ryung back to this family, it doesn’t mean he don’t have other women outside of this house. In his perception, women are just like clothes. Whenever he is not interested anymore, he can change it any time. If you want to stay in this house and secure your position, you have to stay quiet and accept everything he did.

“I’m surprise that you still help and support your brother even after the fuss that happened between both of you 2 weeks ago.” Lee Dong Hwan continued.

Min Ho sighed softly. “He is still my brother after all.”

Lee Dong Hwan smiled slightly. “I know you are always the calm and sensible one compared to your brother. That was why I don’t have any doubt of letting you to take charge of the whole group. I can see how much you have sacrifice for this family and your work. Even when So Ra suddenly gone missing 3 years ago, you still remained firm and persevered for the company’s sake.”

Min Ho chuckled softly. “Maybe I just don’t love her enough to give up everything and go to look for her.” If the same thing happen to him again now and the person is Shin Hye, he wouldn’t need to think twice with his decision.

“Jong Suk is still young and inexperience. He need your assistance and your guidance to bring him to where you are now. Young man tend to act impulsively without thinking about the consequences. But as you said, he is your brother after all. Try to forgive his recklessness and guide him to the right path.” Lee Dong Hwan said meaningfully to his son.

Holding his father’s gaze for a long moment, he inhaled deeply. “In business, he indeed still raw and inexperience. As his superior, his brother, I will teach him and help him in any way possible. As long as he is willing to learn, I will make sure his position will be secured.” He paused and looked deep into his father’s eyes. “But as in personal matter, I has made my stand very clear to him. If he insist to cross the line and try to test my patience, I can be very impulsive and childish too.”

Lee Dong Hwan chuckled and averted his gaze. “Sometimes woman can be very distracted and become a hurdle for a man’s success. They are just like a toy. Why have to fight over the same one when there are a lot of others you can play with?”

Min Ho looked at his father with a disbelief gaze. His palms were clenched into tight fists under the table. So all this while, his mother was just a toy to him, a toy that produce an heir for his business. He gritted his teeth, trying extremely hard to maintain a controlled emotion. He inhaled a sharp breath before looking at him again. “If abeoji have nothing important to discuss anymore, I think I should I go back to the office now. I have a meeting at 10am later.” Without waiting for his father to reply, he already stood up and walked towards the door. But when Lee Dong Hwan’s voice rings into his ears once again, he stopped moving.

“Just remember what I said to you just now. Nothing is more important than a status for a man.” Lee Dong Hwan said.

Min Ho tightened his grip on the doorknob and froze for a moment before he opened the door and stepped out of the study room.

 

As he was walking towards his car, his phone rings and it was Secretary Kim.

Min Ho: I’m on my way back now. The meeting is at 10am, right. I’ll be there…

Secretary Kim: Sajang-nim, don’t come back to the office now.

Min Ho: Wae?

Secretary Kim: We have an… issue here.   

Min Ho: What issue?

Secretary Kim (silent): …… There were news about you and… Park Shin Hye-sshi released online a couple minutes ago.

Min Ho (startled): What news?

Secretary Kim (sighed): The copy of the contract that you signed with Park Shin Hye-sshi 3 years ago was released online. I’m sure the reporters will camp outside our company building very soon.

Min Ho’s eyes immediately widened in shock as he quickly ended the call and check the news using his phone. His secretary was right. The contract was released online a few minutes ago and was already gone viral now. There were also photos of him, Jong Suk and Shin Hye.

“!” He cursed under his breath as he quickly opened his car door and jumped inside.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------    

 

“Can you please explain to me what is this all about?” The headmistress put the Ipad in front of Park Shin Hye and looked at her with a disgusted gaze in her eyes.

Shin Hye felt uncomfortable with her expression as she slowly took the Ipad and looked at it. Her eyes immediately widened when she saw the headline of the news appeared on the Ipad’s screen. There were photos of her with Min Ho and Jong Suk too. And the shocking part was the copy of the contract that she signed with Min Ho was there too.

 

The Two Heirs of Lotte Group Fighting Over A Girl.

Breaking news about the president of Lotte Group having an affair with a girl who worked in a nightclub right after his fiancée went missing three years ago, shocked the whole nation this morning when a copy of ‘Temporary Cohabitation Contract’ surfaced online.

The second son of Lotte Group’s Chairman, Lee Jong Suk completed his study in US and returned to South Korea 6 months ago with his current girlfriend, Park Shin Hye who believed to be the same person who signed the contract as shown below.

Park Shin Hye was an orphan who raised by her grandmother that was already passed away 3 years ago. She came from a poor family and it is not surprise that she would sell herself for money. We had an interview with one of her close friends and she confirmed that Park Shin Hye indeed have a secret relationship with the current director of Lotte Group, Lee Min Ho 3 years ago. Below are the interview we had with her close friend.

 

Reporter: How long have you know Park Shin Hye?

Anonymous: We… we have known each other since primary school.

Reporter: How do you know that Park Shin Hye have a relationship with Lee Min Ho?

Anonymous: I-I was not too sure at first. But I was the one who recommend her to work in that nightclub. She told me that she need a lot of money because her grandmother was sick. I know the pay in the nightclub was very good so I recommend to her. When she started to work there, she was assigned to serve Lee… Lee Min Ho. So I’m sure they knew each other.

Reporter: How long did Park Shin Hye worked in that nightclub?

Anonymous: She was only there for a week.

Reporter: But you said she need a lot of money. How come she worked there for only a short period of time?

Anonymous: I was quite curious too at first. After a month she resigned, I saw her again and she was totally transformed to another person. She was not working anymore. Her clothes, her bag, her shoe, everything about her from top to toe was totally different. She looked so… so expensive and rich. 

Reporter: Did you ask her the reason?

Anonymous: I did. She said someone was taking care of her. But she didn’t tell me who.

Reporter: What happened after that?

Anonymous: After about 3 months later, she suddenly called me one day and asked me whether she can stay at my place for a while. I said okay and when she came, she was so pale. She… she told me that she just had a surgery… an… an abortion surgery.

Reporter: You mean she was pregnant?

Anonymous: Yes. She told me that… that she has a contractual love affair with Lee Min Ho and… and she was paid for her service. She was pregnant but she doesn’t want the baby. So… she abort it.

Reporter: What happened after that?

Anonymous: After staying at my place for about 2 weeks, she went to New York and I never seen her again.

 

So it was true that Park Shin Hye signed the contract with Lee Min Ho and they had an affair after his wedding was called off 3 months before the contract. After the contract ended, Park Shin Hye found herself pregnant and had an abortion. She later went to New York and met Lee Jong Suk there. They are dating now and looking at their photo below, they seems to have a happy and stable relationship.

But what about Park Shin Hye’s relationship with his brother, Lee Min Ho? Did his affair with her really end when the contract ended 3 years ago? It doesn’t seems like it when we found them spending a romantic night in New York City just few weeks ago. Is Park Shin Hye cheating behind Lee Jong Suk with her ex-lover?

Will this scandal affect the market shares of Lotte Group? It seems like both the heirs of this large corporation are not only fighting over the crown but also fighting over the same woman.

      

 

‘TEMPORARY COHABITATION CONTRACT’

Made on 17th January of 2011 (The Commencement Date)

Between

Lee Min Ho (Cohabitant No. 1)

And

Park Shin Hye (Cohabitant No. 2)

Duration of Contract: 3 months

Remuneration Amount: 100 million won

 

The parties agree as follows:-

Cohabitant No. 1 and Cohabitant No. 2 will live together in an intimate relationship that only involves normal physical intimacy such as holding hands, hugging, kissing, petting and ual . No emotional intimacy should involve in this relationship or it will consider as breach of contract. Cohabitant No. 2 is required to stay at the apartment stated in the agreement, provided by Cohabitant No. 1 during the period of the contract duration. Cohabitant No. 2 is not allowed to leave the apartment without Cohabitant No. 1 permission. All Cohabitant No. 2 expenses will bear fully by Cohabitant No. 1 during the period of the contract duration. Cohabitant No. 2 has no right to interfere in Cohabitant No. 1 personal life. Cohabitant No. 1 has the right to call off the agreement at any time. 50% of the remuneration amount will be paid to Cohabitant No. 2 on the commencement date and the balance of 50% will be paid on the first day on the third month from the commencement date of the contract.   This agreement will become null and void if any of the above clauses are not followed by either party.

I HAVE READ THE ABOVE AGREEMENT, I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS, I AGREE TO ITS TERMS, AND I VOLUNTARILY SUBMIT TO ITS EXECUTION.

 

                MinHo                                                                           ShinHye

___________________________                              ___________________________

           Cohabitant No. 1                                                           Cohabitant No. 2

 

No words could form in Shin Hye’s brain now as she was totally stunned and suddenly felt nauseated by the whole situation. The news was like a nuclear bomb dropped on her and her mind was blank, doesn’t know how to react at all. She can feel her body trembled in fear when she slowly looked up at the headmistress. Now she could understand why she was looking at her with such a disgusted gaze. Just by reading the article of the news, she felt disgusted of herself too.

“I really feel disappointed with you, Park Shin Hye-sshi. Do you know we are working with children here? What will the parents think about us when they read this news about you? Do you think they will still let their children to continue their class here when we have a teacher like you.” She paused and stared at Shin Hye with a humiliate gaze. “It feel so shameful to have a teacher like you in our school. Do you…”

“You better watch your dirty mouth before I destroy your whole art school together with you.”

Both of them almost jump up of their chairs when they suddenly heard a loud sound of the door being kicked opened. Shin Hye was frightened when she saw Min Ho came in with a murderous expression. She quickly stood up and held his arm.

“O-Oppa…”

Ignoring her, he daggered his dangerous gaze at the headmistress. She was the first person who triggered his murderous instinct after the damn news was released today. Everything she said to Shin Hye just now make him wanted to kill her with anything he could reach now.

“Don’t you dare to judge my woman like you are some kind of holy mother Teresa. If I hear another word coming out from the dirty mouth of yours, I’m going to sue you for defamation act and I would like to see how a small art school like this could fight a lawsuit against me.” He said with a scary deep tone as he took his name card out from his pocket and threw it on the table in front of the headmistress.

“Calculate the damages of the breach of employment contract. Call my secretary and I will compensate every single penny for my girlfriend.” He said again before he took Shin Hye’s hand and stepped out of the room.

Once they were out of the headmistress room, Min Ho took his phone out and immediately make a phone call. “I’m going down to the basement now. I don’t care how you do it, distract the reporters and I don’t want to see a single one when I reach the basement in 5 minutes.”

He then turned to Shin Hye and heaved a deep sigh when he saw her pale cheeks. Her hand was so cold and her body was still trembling. She was clearly still in shock. He tightened his grip on her hand as he looked into her eyes. “I need 5 minutes for my staff to clear the crowd down there. Go to take your bag now. I will get someone to take your other belongings later.”

Holding his gaze for a moment, Shin Hye slowly nodded but before she could walk away, Min Ho pulled her into his arms and hugged her tightly. She closed her eyes and buried her face into his neck. That was what she needed the most now. She need to feel his warmth. She needs to know that he will be there with her at a critical moment like this.

“Don’t worry. I’m here. I will not let anything happen to you.” Min Ho whispered into her ear before pressing a soft kiss to her temple.

 

When they reached the basement, nobody was there and Min Ho quickly pulled Shin Hye towards a black car that she have never seen before. It was not the usual car that Min Ho used to drive. She scanned the car that she was seated inside now and found that all the windows were heavily tinted. She guessed he purposely changed to this car today to prevent anybody to see them. She turned to him who was talking on the phone with Secretary Kim.

 

Min Ho: How’s the situation there?

Secretary Kim: As predicted, your apartment and hers was flooded with reporters. Even Lee Mansion was surrounded by them now.

Min Ho (sighed): ……

Secretary Kim: Hwejang-nim was furious with the news and he is looking everywhere for you. He tried to call you but you didn’t answer your phone.

Min Ho (sighed): He is the last person I want to see now. Just pretend that you couldn’t contact me too. I’ll contact him when everything… cool down.

Secretary Kim: Noted.

Min Ho: Did you get to check who is the one who released the news? 

Secretary Kim: My source are still checking on it. As for the anonymous in the interview with the reporter, her name is Go Ara.

Min Ho (sighed): It’s really her.

Secretary Kim: Do you need me to find a place for you and Park Shin Hye-sshi? I don’t think both of you can go home any time soon.

Min Ho: Let me think about it and call you back. In the meantime, keep checking who is the one behind all this.

 

He ended the call and looked at Shin Hye. He held her hand and squeezed it softly. “There are a lot of reporters waiting for us at our apartments now. We can’t go back.”

Shin Hye bit her lip and looked at him worriedly. “Then what are we going to do now?”

Min Ho sighed deeply before he looked at his phone again and make another call.

 

Kim Ji Seok: I was about to call you too. Should I congratulate you? You made the headlines again.

Min Ho: I didn’t call you to make fun of me. I’m surrounded by the reporters now. I need a place to hide.

Kim Ji Seok (laughed): You did that too when So Ra ran away 3 years ago and the press make a big fuss of it. Why not you try to look for another nightclub? If you are lucky, you might find another Park Shin Hye.

Min Ho (sighed): Screw you, Kim Ji Seok. I have no time for all this. Shin Hye is with me now. I can’t let the reporters find her.

Kim Ji Seok: You should tell me earlier that Shin Hye is there with you. I’ll text you the address. See you there in 30 minutes.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

The address that Kim Ji Seok sent to him was an apartment located in a remote area away from Seoul. By the time Min Ho and Shin Hye reached there, Ji Seok already waiting for them in the apartment.

“Hi, Shin Hye. What a pleasure to meet you again.” Ji Seok greeted her with a warm smile.

Shin Hye smiled slightly as she nodded politely at him. “Hi, Ji Seok-sshi. Nice to meet you again.”

“Take a seat. I will get you guys some drinks.” Ji Seok said as he walked towards the kitchen.

Min Ho pulled Shin Hye to the couch and sit down with him together. He turned to Ji Seok who was walking out from the kitchen with three cups in his hands. “I didn’t know you have a nice apartment here.”

Placing the cups on the coffee table, Ji Seok sits down opposite of them and smiled. “You should be grateful that I have an extra house for you to hide now.” He smirked as he took one of the cups and sipped the hot coffee. His eyes shifted to their entwined hands and grinned again. “So the photo that the press released about both of you spending a romantic night in New York was true.”

Min Ho looked at his best friend as his grip tightened around Shin Hye’s hand. “Shin Hye was indeed with me in New York and we are back together.”

Ji Seok tilted his head. “Behind Jong Suk’s back?”

“No! She was already broke up with him before she go to New York with me. Except for the photo of us in New York, everything in that news are not true.” Min Ho said defensively.

“Including the contract? But I saw your signature there.” Ji Seok said with another slight grin.

Min Ho let out an exaggerated sigh before he leaned against the couch. “The copy of contract that they release

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter