good company. (dasomxtaemin)

hearts in our eyes | a collection.

tumblr_ndp80vNvR11r0couto1_250.png     tumblr_n25lztkBxG1r0couto3_250.png


{ you're good company, lee taemin }

The breeze that blows past his hair is cool, but not cold. The clouds were grey, but no rain threatened to drop. It finally felt like it was autumn, and not summer anymore. From where he stood, which was on the rooftop of the MBC building, he could see the trees’ leaves by the sidewalks slowly turning from green to all shades of browns.

It was a lovely view, he had to admit it, and he had to thank Dasom for bringing him there. He felt nervous, just a while ago, and it was strange because it wasn’t like this was his first time performing ‘Danger’ on air or to the public (in fact, he lost count now) and Dasom seemed to have sensed this, and being the kind girl that he heard she was, she offered a place where he could go to clear his mind and maybe let go of his emotions.

The rooftop, as cliche as it sounds. 

But Dasom doesn't seem to mind this when Taemin had told her that. She only chuckled and shook her head. "It's still nice though, isn't it? You can see all of Seoul from here." she said, standing by the metallic rails beside him. 

She came with him, and it’s not like he wanted her there, but she just came with him. Taemin is pleased nonetheless though, because he has someone to talk to and it was someone his age. She must knows how he feels. “I come here sometimes, before and after our performances, it really depends and then I’d get scolded by the unnies because they say it’s too cold and dangerous here.” She laughs as if it’s the silliest thing she had ever heard.

Taemin smiled but said nothing when he brought the straw of his banana milk carton to his lips. Banana milk, it was also Dasom’s treat and it happened to be his favorite.

“Thanks for bringing me up here, I feel much more at ease now.” He says just to break the silence, although the words he said were sincere and true.

Dasom could sense it too. She turned to him, a serene smile already on her face. “No problem. You really looked troubled and nervous backstage.”

Taemin shrugs, not answering her because even he didn’t know the reason behind his feelings. He sipped from his banana milk carton once more. 

“What’s it like?” Dasom says, all of a sudden. When Taemin looks at her again, she looks away. “Going solo; having a solo debut. What’s it like?”

“It feels…” there were about two hundred adjectives and more to properly describe the feeling that he had when they told him he was finally having a solo debut and a mini-album of his own. There were so many words, but the two he chose were: “good... and weird.” Maybe Taemin didn’t have that much of a vocabulary after all.

Dasom seemed unfazed by his choice of words. She turned to him again, that same serene smile still on her pretty face. Yes, even Taemin admits she’s pretty. “Why?”

“Good because I can finally show my talents and what I’ve been holding back for six years, and weird because… it’s only me.” He says, a soft yet bitter smile on his own face. “I’m used to performing with the hyungs, and I love all of them. When I told them I’d be debuting, they weren’t envious or jealous, they were really proud of me. It feels kind of weird, practicing the dance alone, performing and going to schedules, appearing on variety shows without them.  I have to fill the spaces of four people; I have to fill the stage all by myself.”

“But you have the back-up dancers,” she points out.

“Yes, but it’s not the same. Fans and media only look at the idol. When I think of pausing for a quick breather, I can’t, because the whole song is sung by me and it’s great! But it’s also tiresome. So for those reasons, it feels good and weird to have a solo debut.”

Taemin shuts himself up by  drinking more of the banana milk she gave. 

He turns to look at her when he realizes she’s been quiet for too long. He finds himself staring at her eyes, her hazel eyes that were big yet beautiful, and she really is pretty up close. 

“You’re doing good, though. You won recently. You’re album’s doing well." she looks away, pausing just as an early autumn breeze passes by them, making her hair fly all over her face a little. 

She tucks her hair behind her ear, still not looking at him.“When you have time next week,” but then Dasom glances up at him. “Let’s come back here. You’re good company, Lee Taemin. I’d like to hang out with you more often if you don’t mind.”

“Oh, I don’t.” Taemin felt himself smiling at her. He hasn’t smiled at a girl like that in a long time. 


a/n: guys, i'm sorry if you didn't like this. i did crackships, didn't i? and dasom x taemin seems so cute because hellooo~ 93lined maknaes ^^ anyways, i hope you look forward to the  next one because it's a ship that's been exciting fans lately. Both are new to the entertainment industry. Can you guess who?