Short-lived

Made my Perfect Boyfriend

 

Yesterday night was a rare occasion where you were able to go to sleep without waking up drenched in sweat or petrified in fear. For the whole of yesterday night, she didn’t appear. You were basking in the sun and enjoying your time at the park. It was so good that it can be called a dream, but now you are back to your living nightmare. 

 

Whispers and scorning looks were thrown in your direction when you scaled down the school corridors in a swift manner. Even though the walk down the corridors was only a few metres long, it felt like you were trekking through the forest with predators that would strike anytime. Being back at school, you will have to face the people and faces you dread, especially his.

 

You entered class with your books retrieved from the locker and placed them at the seat in the innermost corner. You were already dressed inconspicuously unlike the girls in school who wore flashy jewellery and make up but your appearance, ironically, had everyone’s eyes on you. You had to brace yourself before you pass through the few girls seated in the row to your left.

 

Bully tactics had differed with those in normal schools and here in the prestigious Seoul Academy. Rich people are more “civilised” with their bullying tactics. Instead of bombarding paper balls at you, the row of lassies would welcome you with the spraying of their perfume every time you pass them. They made sure that the scented mist would be strong enough to choke you. Considering that you suffered from flu only yesterday, your nose was extremely sensitive. You sneezed, which caused you to fly in a forward motion. You collided with someone’s chest. And, it had to be him.

 

You were wedged in his arms as he caught you. Both of your eyes met for a second and you wished that, somehow, the pleading look in your eyes could soften him. You wished that a spell could be casted and would wake him up to return him to his old self again. Though, it never happened. The next moment, you were shoved to the ground and landed on the hard and cold cement floor. However, nothing could compare to how hard and cold he was acting.

 

You picked yourself up quickly. Tears were already b in your eyes and you tried not to look in his direction. You should have known; it was something impossible to wish for. You wanted to move away fast but you weren’t able to when he suddenly gripped onto you. He offered you your tiny notebook that was dropped onto the floor. He was cold and expressionless.

 

“Tell your father…” He whispered, “the millions of dollars he stolen from us, he has to pay it back.”

 

Your blood went cold at his statement.

 

“Byunghun...” You uttered. He only glared back menacingly at you.

“Don't call me that,” he hissed, “and don't act as if we still know each other. You and your father are the only ing burdens in my life.”

 

He sauntered away straightaway and joined his group of friends. You still couldn’t believe how hard-hearted he was. The once dear cousin whom you grew up playing with now treats you worse than a stranger. Your existence was like a bane, a burden to him, as you and your dad continues living on his family’s riches. Why couldn’t he understand? Instead of joining the others who hate and despise you, shouldn’t be he on your side? Did he forget all about the good times that you guys had together?

 

You realised that people can change that much.

 

You darted into your seat immediately before the tears escaped your eyes. It’s real… Now you are back in reality, no longer in the care of anyone, not even your “boyfriend” from yesterday. The stranger might leave any time just like how the old Byunghun did. Happy moments are short-lived.

 

 


 

 tumblrlwy37fujrs1qmee3l.jpg 

Hmmm... Pretty satisfied with this chapter, how about you? Byunghun is such a bad boy! D:

As usual, comments and subbies are loved! (Not gonna mention about people who unsubscribed. MEH.)

And wow, it's already chapter 5! I've been a good girl updating this fic lately~ 

Goodnight folks! byunghunx3

*edited my grammar mistakes! Much thanks to Rini6189!!!