Chapter 2

Lost & Found

 

"Love is real only when a person can sacrifice himself for another." -Leo Tolstoy

 

 

Minseok once again, stood by the doorstep, waiting for his husband to arrive. He checked on his phone for the nth time already as it flashed a sharp time of 10 p.m. It started to get freaking cold outside but he still decided to wait with some thoughts on his head.

Everything became lesser and lesser after a month. Since the day Sehun was promoted to their company, he became insensitive of Minseok's needs. He frequently comes home later than usual and when he’s home he only just want to rest, leaving his husband a bit upset.

Two long years have slipped away and Minseok's feelings grew more through the days. He’s tired. He’s getting tired of trying hard to find some attention from the other. But aside from being tired, there’s always his feeling of missing something. The reasons why Minseok loves the other are now changed into something as cause of his extreme yearning. He just misses the warm cuddles, the sweet conversations, the loving kisses, the romantic moments. He misses Sehun.

There’s nothing special about that night as they both just lied down their bed. Deafening silence aired the room as they waited for each other to say a word. Few minutes have passed before Minseok took a deep breath and finally broke the silence.

“I don’t think our relationship is working anymore.” Minseok bravely opened up.

“What do you mean?” he asked, shocked.

Minseok closed his eyes in frustration. He’s sad because the other really didn’t know what he feels. His disappointment to the younger only increased. That time, he decided to finally tell him what he meant.

“Let’s get divorced.” Minseok stated seriously.

There's a sudden dull ache inside him as his feelings, which he had held back for so long, suddenly start crawling back up to the surface. He never imagined himself uttering those words but his limits have gone enough. He waited for an answer but he’s failed for he got none so Minseok just peeked at Sehun out of the corner of his eyes. The lights are off but due to the moon that casts off radiance that evening, he got to see the other’s expression.

Sehun tried to calm himself but the creases on his forehead explains his true feelings. He’s totally disappointed to himself as he reflects on his actions that made the other came up with that decision. He considered Minseok's feelings as he admitted to his shortcomings.

“What should I do to make you change your mind?” Sehun asked.

Minseok was the one who became silent this time. Sure he didn’t want to end their marriage that way so when the other asked, he thought about it carefully. He wanted to make it easy for the younger that’s why he just told him a very simple situation.

“If you can convince my heart, then I will change my mind.” Minseok started. “Let’s say, I want a flower that grows only on the face of a mountain cliff, but we both are sure that you will die for getting that flower, will you pick it for me?”

He expected that it would be easy for the other but his hopes suddenly dropped as the other told him, “I’ll give you your answer tomorrow.” He’s just waiting for a definite ‘yes’ as an answer and he’s ready to change his mind but, what the hell was that? Is there really no chance for them? Different thoughts kept on circling in his mind that night but the weariness still let him rest.

 

000

 

Minseok woke up the next morning with a bit pain on his head and chest which he didn’t know why. He turned his body to the other side of the bed only to find no one beside him. He abruptly sat up when he saw a letter note on the bedside table. Negative thoughts started to make him uneasy.

“Hubby, I’m sorry but I won’t get that flower for you.” reading the first line of the letter already broke his heart. Tears started to stream down his face but he decided to continue reading the rest of the letter.

“When you’re making coffee every morning, praising your work boosts up your confidence so I have to save my mouth to drink your coffee and tell you it tastes great. When you attend barista lessons, you always forgot your house keys behind so I have to save my legs to drive faster to open up the door for you. I have to save my ears to listen to your exciting stories. Though, forgive me if I’m not making lively reactions since I’m tired from work. You love writing on your diary but you always keep on misplacing your pen, I have to save my eyes to help you find it everytime. When we’re watching sad movies, you easily got sentimental so I have to save my shoulders for you to cry on. In case you changed your mind and continued living with me, I have to save my hands to help you clip your nails and remove those annoying white hairs when we grow older. And to be able to do that, I have to save myself so I could take care of you always like what I vowed when we got married. Picking that flower will only give you happiness until it withered but keeping myself beside you, I promised to devote myself to your happiness forever. I believe that real living is living for others and the moment you came to my life, I already knew that I live for only one reason and that is you. Thus my dear unless I’m sure that there is someone who loves you more than I do, I could not pick that flower yet, and die.”

Minseok finished reading the letter and didn’t notice that he became a crying mess alone in their room. He immediately got off of bed and rushed outside the room, not even bothering to wear his slippers. He found the other, standing patiently with anxiousness written all over his face, at the bottom of the staircase and his lips curved upwards in bliss as he ran towards him.

Sehun was startled when Minseok came running out of their room and hugged him as he cry. He can’t explain what he felt that time but one thing he’s certain of, that he successfully managed to change his husband’s mind and he’s far greater than being happy.

Sehun took out a bouquet of red roses from his back and handed it to the other. “It’s the only flower I could get you for the mean time.”

“Thank you for giving me another chance.” Sehun wiped off the tears on the other’s cheeks before tightly enclosed him into his arms for a warm embrace.

“Thank you also for not giving up on me. Thank you for making me realize my stupid decision.” Minseok continued crying as he buried his face on the younger’s chest.

Now, Minseok's very positive that no one will ever love him as much as Sehun does. He’s right when he said that the happiness he’ll get from that flower is temporary only so he decided to leave the flower alone. There will always come the time when we tend to ignore the true meaning of love that lies in between the peace and dullness. But in times like this, there is always someone who makes you see things that you never realized were true. 

 


 

⋆⋆⋆

How do you like this fic huh? ^^

please support this ficlet of mine... ^^

I hope you did like this and if you do, please show me your love by hitting the subscribe and maybe upvote?

hehe anyways, comments are very much appreciated too... ^^

from the bottom-est of my heart,

KimMaRyo ^^
⋆⋆⋆