Firework

2 AM

So the next morning Jungkook woke up with a blaring headache due to the thick coffee last night and he learns he shoudn't drink coffee late at night. With the headache still burning through his right brain, Jungkook forced himself to get up and do something productive. Like spending his morning mopping around his apartment watching how the corners of the house needed some cleaning.

He spend the whole evening looking out the window of Seoul, watching the snow layering on the pavement. It's not that he didn't have any friends, he have quite a few he can call a friend. Jimin, a guy two years older than him but has a mental age of a five year old. JHope the dude who lives directly opposite his door, a hippie Jungkook calls him. However it's December and they have all gone to visit their grandparents with their family. And then Jungkook realise he's going to spend another year of christmas all alone. Maybe he should buy colorful helium ballons and tie them up on the coffee table he thought, to brighten up the situation of his gray apartment. Jungkook's father was a business man, having frequent trips out of Seoul and Jungkook doesn't dare whined about the lack of attention given. He knows how hard his father tried to make life better for Jungkook. Its for him, jungkook keeps telling himself whenever he felt a little lost in the middle of despair and anger.

Minutes passed and Jungkook looks around his apartment finding something he could at least do but all he could see was his old fashioned couch ( that needs a little wash), his coffee table (filled with half empty coffee mugs) and an uncharged laptop, He decides that there's nothing for him to do in his apartment so he slides himself in a tiffany blue coloured coat and a red scarf.

It's almost 7pm and he sees people, maybe from work he thinks, passing by him in a hurry to get to their own homes. He almost felt invinsible when no one seems to catch his gaze but there was a particular kid who'd acknowledge his presence and he felt kind of glad. Not sure why though but this kid smiled at him as though he was the first one to smiled at him. Didn't the kid's parents taught him not to smile at strange strangers he wonders, not that Jungkook was admitting he's strange.

Minutes after and he finds himself digging through the thick layer of snow by the sole of his feet, sitted on an old bench not far from his apartment with a cup of black coffee in his hands facing the street opposite him. As he takes a sip of coffee in between his lips, he lets the burning bland taste of liquid lingers in his tongue before he let it pass down his throat. Just like that he heartedly hopes life would make this loneliness end and slip right through his fingers one day. He watch the passing cars in silence and thinks how nice it is if he had a car of his own but he's only 17. There's nothing dangerous you can do if you're seventeen besides getting into fights and taking drugs. He didn't even notice someone slide on the bench beside him dressed with the least amount of clothing somone would consider wearing on a snowy evening. As if they've got nothing against the prickling cold on their skin. Jungkook hears a sniff and he averted his attention to the male beside him and he thinks he has never felt this happy all day.

Taehyung, he whispers against the sound of honking cars and Taehyung gives him a cheeky smile in return. Jungkook thinks Taehyung's crazy when he sees how the elder was casually in a new york labelled tee shirt with black ripped jeans. And he wondered was the jeans even ripped that way when Taehyung bought it because there was more skin showing than the jeans itself. But maybe Taehyung have his reasons, after all the elder met him in a crowd laughing with a sad face as if this could get any weirder. However when he sees the older's jaw clenching and unclenching, he stands, ripped himself out of his tiffany blue coat and place it on Taehyung's shoulder. And Jungkook thanked the God silently under his breathe for deciding to wear a thick sweater underneath his coat.

Sometimes life seems to take Jungkook by surprise, jumping on him when he least expect things to turn out in a particular way. Because just when he thought Taehyung was a typical  teenager who flows with what life brings him type of person, it turns out the exact opposite. Taehyung was full of complexity and an intricate person. He jumps right up with Jungkook's coat on his shoulder and tells Jungkook how fast the cars were speeding out of the blue. And Jungkook could hear the deep voice of Taehyung half screaming in his ears. And when Jungkook thought the surprise attack was over, Taehyung pull out his phone from his right pocket, turns on Happy by Pharell Williams and drag Jungkook up to his feet. He tugs Jungkook's hands in his and swirl both of themselves in circles. And Jungkook can't help himself from smiling widely because it's his favourite song besides from Taehyung who's just so happy at the moment. However, the cars passing by them can't seem to be bothered by the two idiots who are currently in their own little twirling world and what's there to be happy about anyway they thought.

There is a need to be happy today is all Jungkook gets when he questioned Taehyung. And when they sit themselves in a Cookie store not far from where they met for the second time, Jungkook reprimands himself to never judge Taeyhung because Taeyhung can't seem to be the type of person to be judge. Taehyung's like a firework he thinks because at first it's just a thing on the ground but seconds later he's just exploding everywhere in colors.

Jungkook orders a chocolate cookie and Taehyung orders himself black coffee and the night seems to go on forever. And when Taehyung calls him kookie, Jungkook let him off because Taehyung sounded so happy he thinks he'll die of happiness. And when Taehyung thought he was the first to make up that name for Jungkook, Jungkook lets him off for the second time in a row because Taehyung sounded so proud. For the first time ever Jungkooks feels kind of enthralling because he has someone who can fill the loneliness in his heart.

That night Taehyung asks him to call him hyung because that's how close they seem to be right now. And Jungkook figures from there that he'll soon knows who made his hyung cry.

 

 

Note: Thank you thank you for reading:) It means the world to me! Please look forward to the next chapter:) Lastly, lots of love:)

P.S Iqin thank you for the encouraging words. I LOVE YOU MAN! XOXO