That Night

2 AM

Day by day Jungkook's apartment became Taehyung's playground because each evening it's filled with half empty boxes of pizza, warm chocoloate cookies (which Taeyhung insists on baking but Jungkook offered himself to do it because he didnt want to call the Fire department afterwards), Taehyung's half filled coffee mug, ringing of laughter traveling at every corner of his apartment and pillow fights (Taehyung started it because he thinks it's funny to hit someone in the head with a soft base).


Jungkook's Christmas didn't turned out the way he thought it would be because it involved empty red socks, Taehyung's horrible Christmas carol, Jungkook's old colorful light bulbs (that Taehyung had digged out in Jungkook's room) hanging from the living room's standing lamp, draping over the television screen and swirling down on the coffee table. And when Taehyung gives him an amused face with a what a weird way to hang up the lights, Jungkook scoffed in return saying that hyung should look at himself in the mirror to find a reason why it would be any weirder than himself. Afterwards Jungkook received a huge amount of nagging (which Taehyung insists to be called a lecture) consists of how not to be rude to your hyung. That night Jungkook ordered Chinese food take away because it was the nearest to his apartment not because Taehyung was complaining melodramatically about how starved he was and he would commit suicide from the couch if there's nothing for him to eat. They were sprawled in front of the coffee table watching baking tutorials on Jungkook's PC (Jungkook ordered Taehyung to learn a thing or two from this show), This time when Jungkook takes a sip from the take away Chinese strawberry tea, he lets the sweetness lingers in his tongue for a few seconds because that's how he thinks Taehyung is for spending Christmas with him.  And times like this he thinks Taehyung's someone he'll grow old with and their friendship wont' ever end.


Weeks after weeks Jungkook begins to stay up with Taehyung during the nights because sleep wasn't welcoming him anymore since school had started so Taehyung came over after night classes to study with him. During these nights, Jungkook watches how Taehyung's brow twitches everytime he's stuck at a question and how Taehyung seems to spaced out quite a number of times, staring off at a distance until Jungkook decides to get black coffee for him.


That one particular night, Taehyung came over and he sat directly next to Jungkook. He wasn't studying even though his notes were spread out in front of him, even though Jungkook the AC a degree lower because it was warm inside his apartment and he thought it would make Taehyung feel better. Taehyung remained motionless for quite a while and Jungkook knows something must be a little off because Taehyung wasn't jumping around his couch tonight. And then Jungkook hears a little whimper coming from Taehyung. He fix his gaze on Taehyung and he sees Taehyung eyes glistening with tears and then he's sure he was right about that. He was right that this day would come when Taehyung would crumble first.

 

Note: I'm horribly sorry for making it short. Please look forward to my next chapter:)

I LOVE YOU APPLE!! I'm sorry for being a to you this past few months. I'm sorry for ignoring you. SARANGHAE:)