Start of Something New

Treasure

January 2nd, 

The Choi family were having a small party at their house with the Jung as they were celebrating New Year eve together, the parents were talking to each other on the couch while the kids were sitting on the ground watching TV. Mino looked at Hyo In who were very calm and he decided to ask something.

"Hyo," Mino called asking for some attention from her. Hyo In turned to her brother and said, "Yes?". Mino hesitated at first because all of them were looking at him, "Can I ask you something?", Hyo In nodded and answered, "Go on. I'll try to answer.."

"What is the purpose of life?"

"I believe that the purpose of life is to be happy. From the moment of birth, every human being wants happiness and does not want to suffer. From the very core of our being we simply desire contentment." Hyo In answered calmly as she stared at the empty space. People were surprised at her answer, Taehyung looked at Hyo In and asked "Noona, you love to read books?"

Hyo In laughed, "I hate reading books." Daehyun looked at her and raised his eyebrows, "What about happiness?"

"Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect in your life. It means that you have to decide to look beyond the imperfections and choose to be happy with the good things you have. It's also a journey not a destination, that's mean you have to treasure your own life."

Daehyun were awed with her answers, even the others. "H-how can you say you hate reading but you did understand everything?", Youngjae asked.  "Treasure is the answer, you have to cherish every moment you had in your life."

"Woa," Seolhyun were impressed with Hyo In's answer. Mino gulped at his sister's answers, she had her confidence in answering the question. Even though, she hates to read books but she did understand the purpose of life.

"That's enough kids, now let's go to the dining room!" Mr. Choi called and smiled. The seven of them walked off to the dining room and take their own seat. "It's such a pleasure to be here, Mr. Choi.." Taehyung said. "Aww, so nice of you to say that," Ms. Choi smiled.

All of them smiled and started to eat their foods. They talked to each other and eat the foods happily, "It's delicious!" 

"Hyo In cooked all of this," Mino answered. All of them smiled at Hyo In and she smiled back, "I decided to cook for you guys today." Daehyun looked at Hyo In, Hyo In caught him looking at her. Daehyun continued eating and blushed, Hyo In giggled.

 

After hours later,

The Jung family decided to take off from the Choi's house. "Thank you for inviting us over," Ms. Jung thanked the family and bowed. "It's our pleasure, since our kids knew each other it's such a good relation! Do come here often," Ms. Choi smiled. They bid their goodbyes together.

"Mom, can I stay here for awhile?" Jiae asked. Ms Jung shook her head, "You can't, they nee--"

"It's okay, she can stay here. I will send her home later," Hyo In smiled. Taehyung looked at Hyo In, Daehyun and his mother looked at them like they are some burdened. "No, nevermind, sh--" "Nah, it doesn't matter. She can stay, I will send her home later, it's not like our house are far from each other," Hyo In said.

"You are such a nice person, Hyo In." Ms. Jung smiled proudly at her. "Thank you aunty," Hyo In replied politely. Mino and Seolhyun smiled at them, "Mom, I'm sending Seolhyun home now." Mr. Jung and Ms. Jung nodded, "Be careful on the road. Focus driving, okay?"

Mino nodded.

The Jung family walked back to their house, Mr. Jung and Ms. Jung closed the door as Jiae walked inside the Choi's resident with Hyo In. Both Jiae and Hyo walked into Hyo's room. "Wow unnie, you have such a big room!" Jiae looked around amazed.

Hyo In chuckled, she sat on her bed. Jiae saw a staircase, "Unnie, where will that staircase take us to?" she pointed the staircase. Hyo In smiled and said, "It's a secret place.."

Jiae nodded and walked toward the bed. "Here, sit.." Hyo In told her to sit. "So what's the reason you want to stay?"

Jiae sat and smiled, "I want to know more about you unnie."