2: Calm Down

Memories That Almost Faded Away [Hiatus]

"But, did you just say 'the love of my life?"' Sanghyuk asked Wonshik. "Then, I was dating him? If i was dating him, why couldn't I remember him?" he thought to himself. He quickly turned to Wonshik and asked another question, "So, if he was the love of my life, I was dating him? What's his name? I might remember something if you say his name."

Wonshik thought for a moment, "Aish! Why did I say that? Guess it's time to tell him what we know." He looked back to the sick friend and responded, "Well, his name is Lee Hongbin. I did say 'the love of your life,' but you weren't actually dating. You see, when we were in the 7th grade, we went out to eat pizza." Wonshik told him the story of the time they went to the pizza shop.

 

 

*Flashback* 

"Hey Hongbin! I'm hungry, can you take us to eat pizza? Pwease?" Jaehwan asked with aegyo. Behind him was Hakyeon and Wonshik.

"Ok, sure. But, where's Taekwoonnie-hyung?" Hongbin agreed. He looked in his wallet to make sure he had enough money. He owed Jaehwan some pizza anyway.
 

"Oh yeah. He's at a soccer game right now. I really wish he was here," he replied. 
They started walking towards "Pizza Palace".
Jaehwan was bored so he started babbling, "If Taekwoon-hyung was here, I could be eating pizza while sitting right next to him. If I had pizza sauce on my mouth, he could wipe it with his own luscious, soft lips-"

 

"Jaehwan-ah! Just talk in your head. We don't want to know what you do with your boyfriend. Sheesh," Hakyeon complained.
 

Yes, Jaehwan and Taekwoon are dating.
 

Hongbin just moved a little from Jaehwan. "He's a weird hyung," he mumbled.
 

"What  did you just say?" Jaehwan shot a death-glare at Hongbin.
 

"Nothing," he replied with a wide smile and continued walking.
 

A few minutes after ordering at Pizza Palace.
 

"Soooooooo, Hongbinnie?" Wonshik said.
 

"Um, yes?" he replied.
 

"You know, it's kind of obvious," he continued.
 

"What is obvious?" Hongbin looked confused as he sipped his Coke.
 

"That you loooove Hyukkie," Hakyeon said cheerfully as he clasped his hands together and smiled like a kid who just recieved a doughnut.
 

Hongbin choked on his drink. "What?!"
 

Jaehwan gave him a napkin and said, "You love Hyuk. You want to date him and protect him. Well, not like you don't protect him. But anyway, why won't you just confess? It's almost Christmas."
Hongbin's face turned red and said, "Okay. I do love him. But what does Christmas have to do with confessing?"

 

Jaehwan took socks out of his pockets and put them over his hands like puppets. He told Hakyeon to take a leaf of the plant by their window and put it over his 'puppets'. Then, he made the two socks "kiss." 
 

Hongbin finally understood what he was acting out. "So, I'm going to have to do that? But what if he doesn't like me like I do? He'll never look at me the same way again," Hongbin said.
Wonshik hit Hongbin's arm playfully and said, "Yah, don't say that. You can never give up your hopes."

 

The pizza came just at that moment. They talked and ate until they were full. Then, they all walked to their apartment building. (They lived in the same apartment building but different room. Ravi-N shared a room, Leo-Ken shared, and Hyuk-Hongbin.)
 

*End of Flashback*
 

After Wonshik told Sanghyuk the story, he finally realized who Hongbin is. He just doesn't have any memories of them together. "Hyung. I think I remember who Hongbin-hyung is, but I can't remember any of the times we spent together," Sanghyuk said.
 

"Well, that's great. Maybe you'll remember if you keep spending time with him," Taekwoon said.
Sanghyuk just nodded his head.

 

"I'm gonna go find Hongbin with Taekwoonnie," Jaehwan said. Everyone nodded. He grabbed his lover's hand and walked out the room. They searched throughout the whole hospital but didn't find him. They then went outside and saw Hongbin with his back against the wall, crying.
 

"Hongbin-ah," Jaehwan called softly. They both went to him. Taekwoon hugged him and Jaehwan patted his back.
 

"Just wait, okay? He'll remember soon," Jaehwan tried to comfort him.
Hongbin stayed silent and kept crying. After a few minutes of trying to calm Hongbin down, they went back into the hospital. 

 

In Sanghyuk's room.
 

"Be quiet because he's sleeping," Hakyeon whispered. They all nodded. "Me and Wonshikkie are going to go to sleep the hotel right down the street just in case something happens."
 

"Okay. I think we should go too and let Hongbin stay here by himself," Taekwoon suggested.
 

"But what if-" Hongbin started but Hakyeon interrupted him.
 

"Don't worry."

It was now 8 pm and Hongbin knew something was wrong. "If all he had was a fever, why would he forget me?" He wanted to really know what happened.

He used his powers to stop time. He was a special angel, so he had different powers than all other guardians.

He went to the rooftop of the hospital and took a shiny ring. He slipped it on and slowly disappeared.

He was in the world of guardian angels.

Hongbin walked around looking for Jin, his boss.

After a while, he found Jin and asked him what happened.

"Why? Every human gets sick once in a while," Jin said with his back faced to him.

"You know that's not what happen. Tell me now!" Hongbin yelled.

Jin turned around to look at Hongbin, "You should know the answer to that. A guradian angel isn't supposed to fall in love with a human. Especially not with the one he protects."

Hongbin's eyes grew wide. "Even so, why did you do it now? I fell in love at first sight. That was 5 years ago. Why did you make him forget?"

Jin said strictly, "Does it matter when it happens? I didn't make up the rules. I have to punish you if you do something wrong."

Hongbin looked Jin right in the eyes and said, "Then, let me be a human."


*Hello! Well here you go. I left you at a cliffhanger, but I'll be updating tomorrow anyway :D If things are confusing, then you'll just have to wait to figure out the truth *evil smile* See you in the next chapter!