15: The Real Story?

Memories That Almost Faded Away [Hiatus]

“Open up!” Hongbin said while knocking on Jaehwan/Taekwoon’s dorm door.

“Who is it?” Wonshik asked.

“Police! Open up!” Sanghyuk joked.

“Come on, Sanghyuk, I know that’s you,” Wonshik replied.

“Then hurry up and open the door,” Hongbin complained.

Then, Jaehwan and Hakyeon started singing and dancing to Lim Chang Jung’s “Open the Door.”

Wonshik finally got up and opened the door.

In Jaehwan/Taekwoon’s dorm.

“Took you that long to open it?” Sanghyuk complained.

“Just come in,” Wonshik said while pulling them both in.

By the time they came in, the table for dinner was done and then they all ate.

When they were eating, Taekwoon phone rang and he excused himself to pick up the call.

“Hello?” he said.

“Hyung, why haven’t you finish the task yet?” a familiar voice asked.

“Listen, Woohyun, I’ve tried and you’ve tried. You know we can’t kill Jin. At least not yet. And besides, Hongbin said he turned good,” Taekwoon responded.

“If we can’t kill Jin, he could ruin Hongbin’s, yours, mine, and everyone else’s lives,” Woohyun replied.

“Well, I did punch him pretty hard one time. But, that’s why I became human. To stop with the business from Jin,” Taekwoon sighed.

“So you’re just going to pretend you don’t know him? If you just take care of him, he’ll stop chasing after Hongbin. He’s using Hongbin as bait to get you. He’s just pretending not to know you,” Woohyun said.

“Woohyun, I know. But I can’t do anything about it. I have my own life now. With my best friends, and most of all, Jaehwan. We should just stop. I think he’ll stop being evil,” Taekwoon said.

“You’re not getting my point. If we don’t turn him in, the whole world could stop. He could be tricking us again. Hongbin or any of your friends never did anything to him. It was you who brought the problem to them. Especially Hongbin,” Woohyun said.

“Then don’t do anything. Hongbin doesn’t even know I was an Angel. And yes, it was my fault. But we can do something better instead of just killing Jin. We just need some more time to figure out where his life is heading,” Taekwoon explained.

“Fine. Just don’t let him kill any of your friends. If they die, it’ll be your fault,” Woohyun said.

“You can’t talk to your hyung like that,” Taekwoon scolded.

Woohyun didn’t say anything back and just hung up. Taekwoon scoffed and went back in the dorm.

*Flashback: When Taekwoon was an Angel*

Woohyun and Taekwoon were arguing with their boss, Kim Seokjin, or Jin.

“How dare you! How could you not tell us and trick us all this time?” Taekwoon grabbed Jin by the collar and held him up.

Jin snatched his hands off and punched him. Woohyun caught Taekwoon so he wouldn’t hit the ground.

“Who told you to believe me? I’m just your boss, and not all angels are good,” Jin smirked.

“You still tricked us and our family,” Woohyun said.

“Family? You aren’t even blood-related to Taekwoon and his family. You were just adopted because you weren’t good enough for your family,” Jin fired back.

“You went too far,” Woohyun got up and started to punch and hit Jin. But Jin disappeared.

Taekwoon tried to calm Woohyun down, but he started crying.

“It’s okay. You know that’s not the truth. We are brothers no matter what,” Taekwoon comforted his crying brother.

After he stopped crying, he said, “I’ll definitely get revenge.”

*A few months later. When Hongbin was sent down to Earth for the first time*

 (Taekwoon’s POV)

I was sitting in homeroom with my friends, Hakyeon, Wonshik, Sanghyuk, and my favorite, Jaehwan.

The teacher came in late and apologized for being late, but she introduced a new and very familiar student.

“Hello. My name is Lee Hongbin and I will be your new addition to this class. Thank you,” he said.

Lee Hongbin. I know that name, right?

He sat down in the desk in front of me. The first person he turned to was Sanghyuk who greeted him politely. My other best friends introduced themselves also. I did too. It looks like he’ll be another one of my best friends.

When we got to lunch, he sat with us. After that, I realized he had the same schedule as all of us. But, he kept following us, everywhere. Especially Sanghyuk.

After about a month, he really did become one of my best friends, and I was okay with it. He wasn’t annoying or anything. At least he didn’t really bother me. But one day, we all, without Sanghyuk, were walking to the school rooftop to clean the garage full of old classroom stuff because the teachers caught us skipping school. We weren’t even really skipping; Hakyeon accidentally left his homework at home and wanted Wonshik to go with him because he didn’t want to go alone. But, when they were trying to escape, we were all there and then were all accused of skipping. Luckily, Sanghyuk was already in the school so he didn’t get punished.

Anyway, while we were opening the door to the rooftop, we all saw Hongbin talking to someone, but no one was there. After he was done talking he turned around and saw us. After that, he confessed that he was not human, and was a Guardian Angel protecting Sanghyuk. No wonder why I knew him. He was a trainee at the Angel Camp I used to go to. Since he didn’t recognize me, I decided to keep it a secret from him that I was one too. No one knew, except my brother who lives in a special part of town called Angel City, Nam Woohyun. 

*End of flashback(s)*

(No One POV)

“HONGBINNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIEEE!” Jaehwan yelled out while jumping on Taekwoon when he came in, causing them both to fall.

“Jaehwan! What are you trying to do? Kill him?” Sanghyuk asked while laughing.

“Ow! What the heck!” Taekwoon said while trying to pry Jaehwan off.er

After they both got up, Taekwoon asked, “Why did you do that?”

“Because I wanted to,” Jaehwan smiled brightly which made Taekwoon laugh.

“We’re all weird people! Weird people unite!” Hongbin yelled out and everyone else repeated him.

“Speaking of weird people, what happened to Dr. Lee?” Hakyeon asked.

“What’d you mean?” Hongbin asked back.

“Oh, I just thought something happened to him while you were gone,” Hakyeon replied.

That night, they all were happy and nothing bad really happened. While they were doing that, Jin and Jungkook were out getting to know each other.

In the park, on a bench.

“Jin-hyung,” Jungkook said.

“Yes?” he replied.

“Do you think we can become best friends? To tell you the truth, I actually live alone. No one seems interested in me. You’re the first,” Jungkook asked him.

“Um, sure. So, you don’t have any friends?”

“Not really. Ever since my parents moved to the States, I’ve been here by myself.”

“Oh, okay. I have a few friends you can probably meet, if you want.”

“It’s okay. I’m fine with just you.”

Jin blushed at that response, “Ha, okay. Um, we should get home now.”

Jin stood up and offered Jungkook his hand and he accepted. They walked home, just like that.

“Maybe being human isn’t such a bad thing,” Jin thought.

When they arrived at Jin’s house, they saw someone at the front door.

“Hello, Jin,” Woohyun said.

“You?” Jin said.

“Me? Don’t you remember me?”

“No.”

“Stop pretending. I’m here for revenge.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Jin said.

Jungkook slightly hid behind Jin and asked, “Who is that?”

“Just stay behind me for now,” Jin responded.

Woohyun used his Angel powers and threw some powerful spell at him. But Jungkook came in front and got hit instead.

Jin and Woohyun gasped at the same time and went over to Jungkook.

“This is bad…” Woohyun said.

“Which spell did you put on him?” Jin asked angrily.

“A really severe illness that’ll keep him in the hospital for a long time,” Woohyun explained.

Jin slapped him, even though Woohyun was older.

Woohyun said, “Ow! It was an accident! It was for you anyway. If he didn’t get in the way, you’ll be dead by now.”

“WHY THE HECK ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME!” Jin shouted.

“WHY DID YOU TRICK ME AND MY FAMILY?” Woohyun shouted back.

“That was the past. This time, you were the bad guy,” Jin said without looking at Woohyun and picking up Jungkook.

Jin called Dr. Lee and they rushed to the hospital.

In the hospital…. Again.

After the examination Dr. Lee told Jin, “Jungkook has to stay in the hospital until he heals completely, which is about 4 months. Since he was human, it won’t affect him as much as it would’ve affected a dark angel.”

“Why is it just a dark angel?” Jin asked.

“The spell Woohyun threw at him was an anti-Dark Angel spell. It could’ve killed you, even though you can’t die,” Dr. Lee explained. “It’s just good that you weren’t the one who did it this time.”

Jin scoffed and said, “I’m a good guy now.”

“That’s what you said…” Dr. Lee said and left the room.

“Aish!” Jin shouted.


ANOTHER CHAPTER! FINALLY! And the story is beginning to be a little less HyukBin-centeric. I was so into the plot. I don't even know how or why I made Taekwoon and Woohyun brothers. But Jin is finally good! Maybe.... :P Buuuuuut, I will make sequals for each couple after I'm finish with this FanFic, so that it won't be too confusing. Bye ^^