3: The Doctor

Memories That Almost Faded Away [Hiatus]

Jin was suprised. "W-What did you just say? Are you out of your mind?"

Hongbin formed his hands into a fist said, "No. You heard right. If I will protect Sanghyuk, let me do it without any worries."

Jin walked over to Hongbin to grab his hands. "Listen. You don't know what you're saying right now. You're job is to protect him, not fall in love."

"Let go of me!" Hongbin yelled and yanked his hands out of his boss's, making him fall down. Hongbin disappeared and went back into the real world.

"Hongbin!" Jin shouted. He stood up and whispered to himself, "He doesn't know what he's about to get into."

In the hospital.

Hongbin un-stopped time and sat in the chair next to Sanghyuk, who was still sleeping. He softly said to Sanghyuk, "Hyuk-ah, would you want me to stay by you're side? For eternity?" He laced his hands with him and slowly fell asleep.

In the morning, the nurse and doctor knocked on the door and both of them woke up. Their hands were still together. 

"Come in," Hongbin said loudly.

"Hello Han Sanghyuk. I am your doctor, Dr. Lee Jongsuk. This is your nurse Ms. Song Jihyo. Nice to meet you," the doctor introduced and shook Sanghyuk's hands.

"Yes, nice to meet you as well," Sanghyuk laughed awkwardly and shook the doctor's and nurse's hands. 

Dr. Lee turned to Hongbin and asked him, "Are you his guardian?"

Hongbin opened his mouth to say something but Sanghyuk said, "Yes, he is one of my guardians." Hongbin accidentally let out a shy smile and looked down so no one would see it.

"Ah, I see. So, do you feel any better? Anything happened to you?" Dr. Lee sat on his chair with his clipboard, ready to record Sanghyuk's answers.

"Yes, I feel a lot better after the medicine you gave me. But, I actually lost a little of my memories," he said sadly with a not-so-good smile.

"Really? What do you not remember?" Dr. Lee asked while writing down something.

"I don' t remember this guardian, Lee Hongbin. Well, I know him and know about him, I just don't have any memories of him," he explained.

"Okay. I will be in my office going over your fever. If you need anything, press that red button and it will call the nurse," Dr. Lee told him and left. 

After he left, Sanghyuk noticed his hand was in Hongbin's, but he didn't want to let go for some reason. Hongbin nor Sanghyuk let go or said anything about their hands and stayed in silence. After a while, Sanghyuk decided to fall asleep. Hongbin just sat there, looking sad and thought, "Sanghyuk, I will become a human. For you."

In Dr. Lee's office.

"Hmm, that's weird. If all he had was a fever, why did he forget something? I have to call the cheif right now," Jongsuk said to himself. He dialed the chief's number and waited for her.

A few minutes later, the cheif came in.

"So, he only had a fever, right? No concussion or anything?" Cheif Gong Hyojin asked.

"Yes. This could be a new illness because I've never read about or experienced a paitent with a fever and forget something. It's strange," Dr. Lee explained.

"Okay. Give me his information and I'll study it. I'll tell you the results after I study it," the Cheif said. 

"Okay, Cheif," Dr. Lee concluded and the chief went out.

"So, this is happening again," Dr. Lee thought and sighed.

In the hotel down the street.

Hakyeon and Wonshik told the rest that they were going to visit Sanghyuk. 

On the sidewalk in front of the hotel, Hakyeon tried to catch a cab for them.

"You sure look excited to see Sanghyuk, aren't you?" Wonshik laughed as he said that sarcastically.

"Of course I'm excited. I hope he got better and his memories are back," Hakyeon said with a sad smile.

Wonshik hugged him and said, "Don't worry."

They got startled as a cab near them honked. The driver rolled down his window and said, "Are you two lovebirds gonna get in or what?"

"Yes," they said in unison and got in the cab.

In the hospital's bathroom.

Hongbin was washing his hands an looked in the mirror. Jin was there.

He quickly turned around and asked, "What do you want from me?"

"All I'm asking you to do is your job. If you can't do it right, then what am I supposed to do? I could even make your little boy hate you," Jin said forcefully.

"Don't you dare! How are you even an angel?" Hongbin grabbed him by the collar and looked at him with fierce eyes.

Jin smirked and just disappeared.

Hongbin angrily ruffled his hair and walked out. 

On the way to Sanghyuk's room, Dr. Lee spotted him.

Dr. Lee stepped in front of him, "Hongbin right? You're Han Sanhyuk's guradian?"

"Um, yes," he said and bowed to him.

"Follow me," Dr. Lee said. Hongbin nodded.

In Dr. Lee's office.

"So, why did you want me?" Hongbin asked.

Dr. Lee looked him in the eyes and asked, "You're not just his guardian, but his guardian angel, right?"

Hongbin looked flustered and answered, "What are you talking abo-"

Dr. Lee cut him off and said, "You don't have to lie. I was once one too."

"Oh, I see," Hongbin felt relieved. "But why?"

"You know that he forgot you, but he only has a fever. This isn't normal for a human," Dr. Lee told him. "Do you know what happened?"

Hongbin sighed and said, "I fell in love with him. Now, this is my punishment."

"Who did it?"  Dr. Lee sat back in his chair and crossed his arms.

"My boss, Jin. Kim Seok Jin," Hongbin said while looking down.

"Jin? He did it again?" Dr. Lee looked suprised and sat up right away.

"Again?" Hongbin asked.

"Yes. He was my boss. I did the same thing as you. I fell in love with the one I protected, Kim Woo Bin," Dr. Lee explained. "So, I sacrificed my angel status for him."

"Really? Can you teach me how to become human?" Hongbin asked excitingly.

"You shouldn't do that right now. If you become human now, he might not have his memories back. And that is why I'm helping you.  In order for his memories to return, you have to have two angels perform a spell to break the curse," Dr. lee explained.

"So, will you help me with that?" Hongbin asked.

"I cannot. I am a human," he said. "But I can help you find a angel who is on Earth to help."

Hongbin stood up and hugged the doctor across the table, "THANK YOU!"

In Sanghyuk's room.

*knock knock knock* Wonshik knocked on the door and waited for Sanghyuk or Hongbin to respond.

Sanghyuk was awake and said, "You can come in."

"HI!" they both greeted as they came in.

"Do you feel better? Have your memories returned yet?" Hakyeon asked.

"Yeah, I feel better," he said, "but my memories are still gone."

"Oh," they both said and looked down.

"Don't look like that. It'll make me feel bad that I can't remember him," Sanghyuk pouted.

"Aww, you're so cute when you pout," Hakyeon said and ruffled Sanghyuk's hair. Wonshik looked jealous.

"Ha! Look hyung, your boyfriend looks jelly!" Sanghyuk laughed and pointed at Wonshik.

"I am not jelly!" Wonshik said.

They all laughed. "By the way, where is Hongbin?" asked Hakyeon.

"He said he was going to restroom and getting a drink for me," said Sanghyuk while still laughing.

*bing* Hakyeon received a message from Hongbin. "Oh, Hongbin just sent me a message.

Messages:

From: Hongbin

"Hey, I'm going somewhere, but just tell Hyuk I'm buying some food."

To: Hongbin

"K, where r u going?"

From: Hongbin

"I'm going to break this curse. Turns out I did something wrong, so as my punishment, my boss made Hyukkie forget me :("

To: Hongbin

"Ok. Good luck! :D By the way, how come I'm allowed to know that you're angel and not Hyuk?"

From: Hongbin

"Because I don't protect you"

To: Hongbin

"Oh, k ._."

"He says he going to buy some food real quick," Hakyeon told them.

They just nodded.

In Dr. Lee's car.

"So, where is this other angel?" Hongbin asked curiously.

"He lives in Daegu, so it'll only take 30 minutes to get there," Dr. Lee said. Hongbin nodded. "By the way, do you know who Vixx is? They're a k-pop group," the doctor asked.

"Well, I've heard their song "On and On". Why?" Hongbin said.

"Just out of curiousity. You look like one of their members and even have the same name. Sanghyuk too. It's weird. They have a new song called "Error". You should listen to it," Dr. Lee said.

"Ha, okay," Hongbin said and laughed.

Dr. Lee Vixx's new song "Error" and started singing along. Hongbin just sat there awkwardly.

30 minutes later, they arrived at the other angel's house.


HIIIIIII! Here's another chapter :D Are you enjoying the story so far? I'm updating again on Monday. See ya then!