Fun Facts & Behind The Scenes

Opposite & Side by Side

Hey guys~
As promised I collected a bunch of information that might have only been hinted on throughout all the stories.
And also added a few things that were never mentioned at all ;)
I hope you have fun~ c:

 


 

General Facts:

♦ Even though it might not have given off this impression, this story was going by a very accurate and strict timeline where everything was planned down to weeks and sometimes even days~

♦ I'm the type who can't work without music. Actually, every couple had at least one 'theme song'
1. KaiTao - "ERROR" by [Vixx]
    Side note: Actually Error was the whole incentive for... all of this! c:
2. LayBaek - "Death Disco" by [Sekai no Owari]
3. KrisLu - "Crime & Punishment" by [well, it's a vocaloid song. I'm listening to JoyDreamers cover~]
4. XiuYeol - "Paper Planes" by [ONE OK ROCK]
5. ChenSoo - "Love Run" by [Amber], "Just the way I am" from [SKYE SWEETNAM]
6. SeHo - "Ace" by [Taemin]/"Fight the Night" by [ONE OK ROCK]

♦ I'm sure I've mentioned it before but this (amateur)-diagram I made not only depicts the obvious couples and friendships. I set it up in a way that everyone would be especially friendly towards their neighbouring signs. Instant-friendship, so to say. That's why TaoHun got along that easily and why Chan clicked so well with Kris and Chen... And the reason why Xiumin had ANY friends in the first place. Just kidding.

♦ Throughout the stories their level of control was mentioned quite often, compared to the other class attendants, mentioning Baekhyun as the best. Still, a complete ranking would look like this(remember: control and overall strength differ):
1. Suho & Kris(the leaders, duh), Lay
2. Baekhyun(whom's gift is still developing rapidly)
3. Xiumin
4. Kyungsoo
5. Kai & Sehun (Kai's gift is pretty much completely developed while Sehun's might still be in for a growth spurt)
6. Luhan (whom's gift keeps growing like Baekhyun's but is difficult to grasp)
7. Chanyeol (whom's gift covers a wide and unpredictable area)
8. Tao (who only ever accessed a minimal part of his gift and is therefore still under-developed)
9. Chen (who never had any tuition at all)

♦ every couple had a certain 'title' to them, something that played a big role in their relationship. Those were actually mostly the words Sehun had to meticulously learn - For example LayBaek was all about "Passion", XiuYeol about "Honesty", KaiTao about "aegyo empathy"... SeHo was mostly centered around "Selfishlessness" c:

♦  I often got speculations on who would take on the 'dominant' part in each relationships. Now I'm not one to believe that there is an easily appliable structure like that. It's as if there were only two categories and aspects and... I don't think it works that way. Meaning that many people behave differently in and outside the bedroom. Meaning that just because someone bottoms, he doesn't need to be overly submissive all the time(Baek). Meaning that there could be surprising combinations; and for a matter of fact I had at least 2 couples in mind to take their turns and explore all the fun there is :P (*coughXiuYeol and ChenSoo*cough*)

 

In between the lines:


♦ I never addressed it directly but one of the points with the most stories overlapping was the moment Baek got hit by the train. If you puzzled together all the pieces in the story, it would've looked like this: You had Baek -the obvious victim- getting hit, Kris snatching him away in that exact moment causing both of them to only get hit with a lighter impact and Luhan, who was nearby and found two bleeding guys with one already unconscious and the other(Kris) almost dead. So he kept calling for help(both mentally and physically) until Chen & Soo heard him who had just arrived in Seoul. Even though heavily panicking, Chen (successfully) tried his hands at re-animation when Kris' heartbeat stopped. Of course it was ridiculously risky but what else could they do?
  -> I don't need to mention that Chen was kinda overwhelmed after this way of Seoul welcoming him

♦ In the KaiTao story Tao experienced an emotional breakdown at a gloomy-looking beach which is indeed close to Chen's home. He had been taught that his mere presence was responsible for the permanently gloomy weather. At that point, however, Chen and Kyungsoo had already left for Seoul. Therefore it had never had anything to do with his gift in the first place.

♦ Yeah, Xiu is all sharp tongue and anti-social. Still, he was never mean to Tao. When Chanyeol asked him about it he just replied he wasn't the type to kick puppies.

♦ Chen never went swimming in the sea since he feared he could cause an electric shock

♦ Indeed the ever grumpy Kyungsoo kind of listens to Chanyeol. If you asked him what he thinks about Chanyeol he'd say something along the lines of 'Well, he's annoying as hell. The most annoying thing is that you cannot actually hate him.

♦ ...And also they used to be in a band and Kyungsoo still secretly cherishes that time.

♦ Remember the time Baek & Chan went to the club to see Lay & Xiu? Yeah, Xiu and Lay were indeed dancing together but Baek didn't recognize Xiu with his newly-died hair and the extreme styling at ALL(Leave it to him to blame it on his color-blindness).

♦ Chanyeol said at one point that he had the most private first aid lessons with Lay. Since his gift is not restricted to fire but actually depicts a phoenix, he had countless lessons in order to explore the range of his power
 -> still it took the very direct words from Xiu to make him realize Lay's not ONLY the cotton candy fluff he proclaims to be... Out of respect for his teacher he seems to have kept his nose out of Lay's life

♦ I do not want to read awkward questions about Suho and his little wet-dream after effects! xD Yeah, he can control water and therefore blood, but... He was aroused(and in panic), alright? You don't function properly under pressure! (God, where is this heading to...)

♦ Luhan began the whole fire brigade thing to see the appeal Kris felt... But he ended up liking it and stayed :)

♦ The more comfortable Xiumin and Kyungsoo get, the more they've been exploiting their reputation. It can only be a matter of time until they realize how easily they could conquer the group if they cooperate.

♦ Tao spent an unmeasurable amount of time in the frozen time. Of course he was mostly bored out of his mind, but he had quite a bunch of hobbies. For once it was of course ideal to train his body. But he was also forced to appreciate nature and books, since those he could enjoy unlike games or movies. If he was VERY bored he would walk around town to observe the current fashion trend closely and compare it to another place within his reach.

♦ It might be a bit puzzling how Kyungsoo can behave THAT differently around Chen compared to the rest. At this point you should take into consideration that Soo was very curios him, that mystery stranger(Oh the adventure) and got to know the 'raw' and unprotected Chen... Who immediately swept him off his feet! So it's a mix of him being out of his usual environment, having that huge crush and someone to spark his interest(that's a big key regarding Kyungsoo. Since he's mostly bored by obvious and simple-minded people)

♦ This stories' godmother asked me: So WHY did it have to be Xiu of all people? Why did Chanyeol fancy the anti-social and non-responsive shortie in the first place? Probably Chan himself would have difficulties to answer, but if you'd confront him about it he'd tell you that it just somehow... happened. At first it was his helper's syndrome, seeing Xiumin so isolated. But the more glimpses he got of his actual character, he grew this tiny crush huge infatuation.
(besides, who could blame him for crushing on a guy who can switch from adorable to hot in 0.2 seconds if he wants to?)

♦ Luhan is still the first to contact if any case of comatose occurs around the nation. Most hospitals pay his traveling expenses. There was even one case where he flew over to Norway for two weeks to cure someone. Ever since then his English skills have become better.

♦ Tao still lives at the hostel and Kai and him hang around together so much that the whole family jokingly said that Kai has already moved in with his man.

♦ The story had some SuJu members appearing at the sidelines! Namely Ryeowook(coffee shop Xiu), Leeteuk(firefighters) and Yesung(doctor of LayBaek) - There also was Kim Heechul, the notorious troublemaker from university who organized the pool party in the SeHo segment and Donghae, the owner of the pet shop Suho frequents(since Donghae & Suho are actually good friends in RL)

♦ You remember Henry the bartender at the pool party in SeHo's story? Yesss, he's totally pursuing Amber. Because they're the cutest couple ever.

 

Ahead of the lines:

♦ Baek caused quite a ruckus on that auditions, right? After that he tried to establish himself as an idol on the net, with active video and audio covers as well as close contact to his followers on social media. People seemed to dig the concept of this "free(and gifted!) idol in the making" so after studying music and one additional year of preparation he finally debuted...

♦ ...under Park Entertainment! Indeed Chanyeol wasn't joking. And so Park Entertainment was introduced, open to gifted ones. With a very charming social butterfly of a CEO with a business-degree to fight for their rights. And if the blinding smile was still rejected, it was always found that his strict-looking male secretary named Xiumin -who was well-versed in the law area- was VERY persuasive.

♦ Still, no matter the persuasion skills, Kai won't accept their proposal of becoming a full-time dancing mentor, stating that he has a bright future on his own ahead of him. Still, in exchange for Park Entertianment doing all the managment work for him he does give the occasional lesson once in a while.

♦ By the time of his school graduation Tao had already gotten letters and invites to join every national and most big international secret services as well as a the governmential institutions for national security. Right now Tao's not sure on what to do with his future and he chose to study psychology and the English language, hoping that he won't be manipulated easily.
(And of course he'll forever be part-timing at Kai's parent's restaurant and convenience store. He simply likes this work.)

♦ While Kris became an international representative for a huge media concern Luhan is still determined to put his powers to good use and aims for a career at the national police headquarters where he uses his gift to establish communications in emergency situations - more often than not his health assistant experience comes in handy.

♦ Kyungsoo was offered the position as a head of the biggest orphanage in Seoul but up to now he has politely refused since he likes to have a good overview on everything from close-up. Considering the amount of decisions he makes it's a common joke that he already is the inofficial boss anyway.

♦ Chen always tries very hard to properly welcome Kyungsoo home for dinner, but mostly he's so focused on his writing that he barely hears the door open. Kyungsoo likes to joke that he wouldn't even notice a burglar breaking in but Chen only replies that it would make for a great drama script.

♦ Sehun didn't go into politics after all, deciding that choosing his whole career based on his lover would not be wise. Which doesn't mean that as a pro bono attorney he can't jump to Suho's aid at any time. No need to mention that his looks and gift make him a rather intimidating(and very much incorruptable) attorney.

♦ ...And even after years of Sehun studying and absolving internships and job trainings Suho still likes to come back to him whenever he's at a loss at the city council. Because nationally representing gifted ones is not an easy task and you never know what crazy little idea Sehun might come up with if it was for the sake of saving Suho.

 

 


 

I hope you liked those fun facts~
Some might label it as unneccessary to do something like this but not only was this fic my baby, it also had a lot of information written in between the lines.
As I said, I'm not sure whether I'll write Sequels to this
(but it has already turned out that I'm a er for people's requests, just sayin'.)

That was it, then - Thank you once more for all the support and love I got!
If you're interested, let's meet each other again in my other stories~

Love,
Sugar-and-Salt

P.S.:
♦ Thanks to my faithful reader and friend texturedjeans and toroshina whom I declared godmother of this fic since she enjoyed it so much c: