Chapter 2

Unexpected Contract

~So Eun~

I was in my room doing some business matters in my laptop. I should be enjoying my rest right now. but my assistant called and a businessman wanted to be a partner in my business. It's a good catch and I don't want to lost this investor.

I stretched my arms and looked around the room. The room still the same as what I left 2 years ago.

Something caught my eyes. I stood up and went to the side table and get the picture frame. I didn't noticed it last night because I was too tired. I sighed while staring at the picture. I opened my cabinet and placed the picture in there.

It's better that I won't see him at all. I can move on easily.

*knock knock*

"Sweetie?"

"Come in, mom." I called out and waited for her to open the door.

"What is it, mom?" I asked her after she entered my room.

"Nothing, I just want to see my daughter. I really missed you." She said while looking at her.

I smiled and went to her. "Aw~ I missed you too, mom." I hugged her.

"you're not leaving again, right?" She asked me.

"Mom, you know that I have business in LA. I can't leave my company." I told her.

She always wanted me to stay her for good. I know how she felt, but I don't want to leave my business in there. I worked hard on that and I just leave it without thinking.

My mom just sighed and looked at me. "Are you really okay, So Eun?" She asked me.

"Of course, I am mom. Why are you asking that?" I said and smiled at her.

"So Eun, I know it's because of Min-..."

"Mom, please. I went to LA because for the future, not because of him." I cut her words off. I don't want to talk about him. 

honestly, half of it is because of him too. I wanted to go somewhere that I can completely forget him. But I feel that it's still enought because until now, I remember about him.

Mom just sighed and patted my shoulder. "I hope everything will be okay." She smiled. "Let's eat breakfast now."

I smiled and nodded.

They still thought we can go back like the past. But I don't think it will happen again. He already hurt me for many times. I don't want to experience the pain anymore.

My thought was disturbed when someone knock on the door.

"So Eun..." I saw Hanna Peaking inside.

I chuckled and looked at her. "Hey, come in." I smiled at her.

She went inside and walked towards me, sitting besides me.

"I really missed you, So eun." She said while pouting at me.

"Aw~ I missed you too."

"Oh~ by the way, how are you and Jonghyun?" I smiled teasingly at her.

She just sighed. "As what we were before. Nothing change."

"Really? Even a little chemistry between you two?"

She just shake her head.

"I'm sure, he'll notice you."

Hanna looked at me. "So Eun, I think he has an eye on you." She told me.

"What?" I chuckled and patted her back. "That's imposible. We're like best friend already."

"So Eun, you didn't know how he look at you."

"Hanna, stop it. Remember when we're in high school, he always looking at you."

"Not me, but you, So Eun. I noticed it. He always follow your order, only you not others," I could hear the sadness in her voice.

"Stop saying it, okay. I'm sure he'll notice you." I smiled at him.

Hanna really likes Jonghyun ever since we were high school. I know that Hanna was hurt when Jonghyun always insulting her or scolded her. Jonghyun don't like Hanna near him and that made Hanna hurt. I always told him not to be so hursh to Hanna, he followed but he never be friendly to her.

"I hope so..." She mumbled.

"Hanna, So Eun, let's eat now." My mom called out.

"Yes mom." I answered and stood up.

"Let's go, Hanna." I grabbed her arms and pulled her downstairs.


It's hard to love someone who never see your existence