Chapter 1

Unexpected Contract

~So Eun~

"So Eun!"

I turned and saw Jonghyun running towards me.

I smiled at him and waved.

"Oh....Long time no see, Jongie." I grinned.

It's been awhile since I saw this guy. After I graduated in high school, I didn't have contact to this guy even to my other friends. I was too busy in my study at L.A.

"Aish, until now, you called me that. That's weird and corny." He frowned and that made me chuckled.

I messed his hair while grinning.

"Ya~ Stop frowning. I just got here and you welcome me with that frowning look of yours. It's a bad luck you know." I said without stopping.

"Aish, until now you're really annoying and talkative." He said in annoyance.

"and until now, you're still Mr. Too-much-to-complain." I chuckled. "Jongie~ Help me with this bags. It's too heavy." I said and pouted.

Without saying anything he got all the bags I was carrying. I smiled while watching him walking away from me. This guy still a gentleman.

"Wait up!" I called out and ran towards him.

"Oh...you have car~" I smiled widely when he opened the door for me.

"Obviously, so get in," He said in annoyance and left the car door open for me.

I chuckled and get in. We drove off towards my parents house. My mother already told me that Jonghyun will be the one who'll fetch me.

"So, how are you?" I asked him while smiling.

"After you left without saying anything. I'm good." He said. I knew with his tone, it's sarcasm.

I can't blame him. I just left without saying anything to them. Even 'him'. I have my own reason why I left.

I just ignored it and smiled at ihm. "Well, I miss you." I told him.

"Tss..." He continued to drive.

"Oh, by the way, how is Hanna?" I asked. Even Hanna, I never told her about ny sudden disappearing in their life.

"She was really going insane when she discover that you're not around anymore. She even dragged me all around the place to find you. But, she's okay now." He said while frowning.

this guy really don't like Hanna that much. I don't want to hurt Hanna, so I didn't told her about it. Jonghyun always told me how he don't like her clingy attitude towards him.

"You starting to make me guilty." I said and chuckled. I made it as a joke, but deep inside I'm really serious.

I just looked outside the window. I missed this place, it's been 2 years since I left. I'm just here for other business matters and also wanted to visit my parents. I need to go back again in LA.

"You're not going to ask about him?"

I suddenly felt a little uncomfortable when Jonghyun suddenly asked me. I sighed and smiled at him.

"Who's him?" I asked. Even I know who was he talking to.

"Don't let me say it again, So Eun. I know, you know what I'm talking about." He was looking in front of him while driving, but I know he was serious.

I sighed. "I'm sure he's doing fine." I smiled like it's a normal matter.

I don't care about him anymore. We already ended it 2 years ago.

Jonghyun just kept quiet and continued to drive.

After a minute, we had arrived in my house.

"Ahhh....home sweet home." I smiled and went out of the car.

Jonghyun helped me on carrying my bags inside the house.

"Huh? Where are they?" I asked him while we're walking inside the house.

The house was really dark and also quiet.

I kinda felt disappointed that after a long years not being here, they didn't even waited for me. I think, they were sleeping already.

*boom*

I flinched when I heard a sudden sound and the lights went on.

I smiled widely when I saw my parents, my brother, and also Hanna in front of me.

"Welcome back, So Eun!" They all yelled.

My parents went to me and hugged me tightly.

"We really missed you, sweetie." My mother said while smiling.

"I missed you too."

"Nonna, you're back!" Junhu said while smiling.

"Well yeah." I grinned at him. "Wow, you're already tall."

"Of course!" He said proudly.

"Ya! Kim So Eun!"

I looked behind Junhu and saw my best friend crossing her arms and frowning. Like saying explain-everything look.

I chuckled and went towards her. "Aw! I missed you." I said and hugged her tightly.

I let her go and saw her pouting. "You didn't tell me that you're leaving and even saying where are you going. You worried me too much." 

I smiled and patted her shoulder. "Well, it doesn't matter now. It's all in the past. You're not happy I'm here?" I said.

"I'm happy. But-..."

"Oh...you guys prepare this for me?" I cut her word off. I just don't want to talk about it anymore. I'm not ready to explain everything.

This is the right thing to do. I forget everything about the past.

It's nice to be back....


Pain always the reason to forget how to love